Offtopic Banter

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Offtopic Banter

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 am

Darwoth wrote:i just lost a character from being knocked out from phlegm drain in water, no stars no nothing except dead and back to char select screen.

might have been courteous to mention things like criminal debuff or darkness causing death in the water before throwing random half thought out ***** into the game.

worked hard^
you got a million alts anyways right?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Game Development: I'm on a boat, *and*...

Postby Darwoth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 am

Dallane wrote:
Darwoth wrote:i just lost a character from being knocked out from phlegm drain in water, no stars no nothing except dead and back to char select screen.

might have been courteous to mention things like criminal debuff or darkness causing death in the water before throwing random half thought out ***** into the game.

worked hard^
you got a million alts anyways right?

yes i have several characters, that isn't the point.
Darwoth

Postby painhertz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

Trying so hard to stay civil while he's RAGING!!!!. lmfao
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Makestro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm

painhertz wrote:Trying so hard to stay civil while he's RAGING!!!!. lmfao

Coming from you, it hardly means anything, considering how much rage you've dumped onto the forums. Then you quit this game because it's f2p and for losers, while claiming you went to 2 other f2p games(lol). Now you're back claiming you never quit. If you lost a character the same way I can guarantee we would see some actually rage, instead you get a person who is annoyed because he lost a character to a game mechanic that wasn't specified vs losing a character a legit way. But it's ok, since you rage all day everyday I can understand why you would think someone rages every time they lose a character.
Makestro

Postby painhertz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Makestro wrote:
painhertz wrote:Trying so hard to stay civil while he's RAGING!!!!. lmfao

Coming from you, it hardly means anything, considering how much rage you've dumped onto the forums. Then you quit this game because it's f2p and for losers, while claiming you went to 2 other f2p games(lol). Now you're back claiming you never quit. If you lost a character the same way I can guarantee we would see some actually rage, instead you get a person who is annoyed because he lost a character to a game mechanic that wasn't specified vs losing a character a legit way. But it's ok, since you rage all day everyday I can understand why you would think someone rages every time they lose a character.

Almost nothing you said is true, I find it funny that since coming to Salem from Haven, 20+ no names like yourself have jumped on the "Smear Pain" bandwagon.

For starters, "I" never said I quit this game and haven't gone more than a couple of days without playing since this world started, some OTHER forum person said they hadn't seen me around. Secondly, the other 2 games I'm playing "will be" F2P but are both currently in Beta. Third, if I HAD quit, this in no way has anything to do with me posting on the forums...one's the game, the other is somewhere you DISCUSS the game and I reserve the right to play one, post on the other or mix and match to my hearts desire. Hilariously, last night some kid on IRC called me a noob who knows nothing apparently being too slow to have picked up on the fact that I was an Alpha tester and have played Salem only slightly less than the first Alpha tester group. (Maybe a two months difference). Last, but certainly not least, feel free to contact my formoe villagers who will tell you that after a bit of shock where I logged on to be told my character was dead, I immediately made another and put all of my time into building him back up... Not sure what rage you are talking about.

painhertz

Postby baronbowden » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Pain did focus on building a new char immediately. He was semi upset over losing the char but I wouldn't say overly.

He did rage for weeks over darworth though.
baronbowden

Postby Makestro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 am

painhertz wrote:Almost nothing you said is true, I find it funny that since coming to Salem from Haven, 20+ no names like yourself have jumped on the "Smear Pain" bandwagon.

For starters, "I" never said I quit this game and haven't gone more than a couple of days without playing since this world started, some OTHER forum person said they hadn't seen me around.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1151&start=30#p12154

Sure you didn't directly say you quit, but you implied it many times in that thread.

painhertz wrote:Not sure what rage you are talking about.

Lol, you already forget the drama bomb after your village got raided? Pretty sad lol.
Makestro

Postby painhertz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 am

lol I'll log on daily for when Dildowoth breaks in so I can get the scents to the appropriate people

I simply can't make you nimrods understand that although I took a one week break, I didn't quit anything. As it stands, this is my daily Salem gameplay. log in, check if crops ready to be harvested, if yes? harvest, make flour and maybe make and eat some pies. If no, maybe kill a couple deer, rabbits and beavers and make some Wildsides...eat. I hadn't gotten Seamanship yet so I went ahead and got that and built a boat today, visited my former town to laugh at what Stax and those guys have done to it then went to my mine, mined some ore and ran two smelter loads. At this point, other than building up humours and going on a mad raiding/murder/waste spree there isn't a whole bunch left to do in the game.

All this is a moot point as the "only" reason I'm even playing Salem is that the lag/lack of updates have run almost everyone off from Haven and I want to do my part to get Salem out so MAYBE Jorbtar start back working on the "superior" game.

To whom it may concern? Since everyone is so worried about whether I play or not, I'll clue you in on the next month or so. PS2 is almost feature complete but for the addition of 2 more continents (One being added this week) and although I'll continue playing it, it's similar to Salem in that updates are running out since the game is almost done. Mechwarrior Online updates are slower than PS2 and it's at best half finished so it will be a while before it holds my attention for more than a couple of hours at a time. October 6th? I think? Both X-Com: Enemy Unknown and Dishonored will be released, I'm getting both and Imagine they + the two betas I'm in will keep me occupied until Haven updates resume, Does this mean I'm quitting/have quit Salem? Nope. The full amount of attention i can give to Salem per day is down to 1 1/2 hours at most so I'll be around for at least that much. As for the "Giant rage fit" thread when I died, it's explicit purpose was to let people know that an alt running around "named" Painhertz wasn't me. But for Darwoth jumping into it that's all it would have ever been.

painhertz

Return to City upon a Hill