The Cart Before the Horse

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

The Cart Before the Horse

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:45 am

Salemites,
The Salem Store is now back and operational. New Mortal Moments Inc. payment processing through Paypal should now be integrated with the old store, and we have added a Shopping Cart feature so that you may make multiple purchases on a single transaction as well as some general layout changes.

We plan on the store being a much more dynamic part of Salem. We aim for New items, packages, and promotions hopefully implemented more frequently than in the past. We also have big plans for new packages to be launched simultaneously to the new professions in the professions patch! Also a "Spring" which you may apply to your gates to cause them to automatically close after a period of time.

We debated taking all the packs off the store given that we do not agree with the ability to "buy skills" through diplomas and feel that a player who purchases an Adventures Pack and Founding Fathers pack has the ability to stab things and set up a town in the first day of play. However, we determined that it would be a bit more fair that we give you all a warning to this. Consider this your official warning that pieces of each packs will most likely be "Legacy" after our next patch. We do plan on re-implementing much of the clothing via a rework to the Tailor profession, but there may be pieces of each pack that will no longer be obtainable in the near future. If you had your heart set on a specific look and were one of the people who were PMing and demanding me to re-open the store so you could buy XYZ. Now is your chance.

We have removed English Snuff because we did not like the idea that the only way to speed up inspirational gain was through RL $$.

We added back the Thanksgiving Pack for those who never got a chance to buy it a few years ago when it was up.

We adjusted the price down on some of the packs.

We will be giving $100.00 worth of Store Product to the first player who trades me a Gold Bar in game. We hope to have additional fun little competitions for Store Credit & Rewards in the future. PM me when you have it and I will announce it in this thread when the $100.00 is won!

It should go without saying that we would be both appreciative and grateful for any patronage on the store.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: The Cart Before the Horse

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:53 am

Just a suggestion about the store... If you could have a toon wearing the clothing items and holding weapon or whatever, it would help. Some people have never really seen these clothes and if they had they didn't know it and therefore have no idea what they look like. I personally would never buy something I wasn't really sure I wanted. I think truly seeing these items would help. Just a thought.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 am

Excellent idea. We will look into adding this.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby troubleis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:57 am

The spring idea for the gates sounds awesome. I was wondering if it was a one time use item or if I can apply it to multiple gates or if it is a situation where if I open any gate then it springs shut behind me because I bought that item?
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 am

troubleis wrote:The spring idea for the gates sounds awesome. I was wondering if it was a one time use item or if I can apply it to multiple gates or if it is a situation where if I open any gate then it springs shut behind me because I bought that item?

We were thinking selling them in a pack of a few, but having them 1 use per.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:13 am

Let me start off by saying I love the changes. You guys have been making some great calls with the game since you took it over. wonderful updates.
JohnCarver wrote: We debated taking all the packs off the store ... However, we determined that it would be a bit more fair that we give you all a warning to this. Consider this your official warning that pieces of each packs will most likely be "Legacy" after our next patch. but there may be pieces of each pack that will no longer be obtainable in the near future

Can you tell us which "pieces" this unobtainable category will cover? if you tell us which looks we will never be able to obtain again it will do nothing but help us out, AND drive up your sales of said packs. Details would be much appreciated
JohnCarver wrote: We added back the Thanksgiving Pack for those who never got a chance to buy it a few years ago when it was up.

From what I know we can get these things in-game, will you be removing good cheer clothes from the merchant or will this be a pack we can obtain with with silver silver or RL cash?

btw, Seriously great call on lowering prospector's pack, I feel loftar seriously skimmed on the effort of the textures for a 25 USD pack. WORST HAT EVAR

PRAS, PRAISE
Michael

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 am

We plan on making at least 1 Clothing item from each pack "legacy" so players who were here back before the store changes can have something "neat" to show for it.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Champie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 am

I hope this is an appropriate question for this thread.

Plymouth Rock Gear from the Closed Beta Reward Box. Will this every make a reappearance in Salem via the store or as a Reward? Is it safe to assume that I am not the only one who did not get the Closed Beta Reward Box at the start of this New World? I miss the Armor from that set. As far as I know, the only other Armor slot item is the Adventurer's Vest.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say your efforts continue to amaze me. Salem is already starting to feel like a new game. I've been excited for days about the quality of your work and commitment to the community. You and Meow deserve a lot of praise and thanks for the way you participate and communicate with all of us.
Champie

Postby Michael » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:47 am

JohnCarver wrote:We plan on making at least (1) Clothing item from each pack "legacy" so players who were here back before the store changes can have something "neat" to show for it.

lol, always so vague. I guess I'll just buy the ones i think look the prettyist. thank you though for the info!

Edit:
Champie wrote:As far as I know, the only other Armor slot item is the Adventurer's Vest

Their is also the Priestly Stole: http://www.salem-wiki.com/mediawiki/ind ... stly_Stole
It can be put in multiple slots, one of which is armor!
Michael

Postby vienradzis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 am

JohnCarver wrote:
We will be giving $100.00 worth of Store Product to the first player who trades me a Gold Bar in game. We hope to have additional fun little competitions for Store Credit & Rewards in the future. PM me when you have it and I will announce it in this thread when the $100.00 is won!

***** you Jonny. You give out fertile turkeys to all noobs in Boston. And then make this competiton not fair. I dont care about those 100$ but you push back ppl who wants to participate in such thing.
vienradzis

Next

Return to Announcements