Nice Thing: Seasonal Stall

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Nice Thing: Seasonal Stall

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Murutha wrote:What i think most meant was not fixing broken slots or anything, but having clothing/gear wear just like a fishing rod, and such wear should be fixable using certain materials. That would mean that people with perfectly slotted gear still have to pay attention to their clothing if they don't want them to be distroyed.

Ah, I apologize. A durability system in that sense would be nice. But it is what I would consider a punitive change and we feel Salem is punitive enough right now so we are avoiding those for now.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Okocim » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Murutha wrote:What i think most meant was not fixing broken slots or anything, but having clothing/gear wear just like a fishing rod, and such wear should be fixable using certain materials. That would mean that people with perfectly slotted gear still have to pay attention to their clothing if they don't want them to be distroyed.

Ah, I apologize. A durability system in that sense would be nice. But it is what I would consider a punitive change and we feel Salem is punitive enough right now so we are avoiding those for now.

Not really, it would be really rewarding for crafters and traders.
Okocim

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 pm

I may make a poll on the subject. I'm skeptical to say that the majority, at this stage of development, also wished that their items would naturally decay as well over several other pressing issues.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:34 pm

I've moved the discussion of characters not being able to log out to the Ideas & Innovations thread. If you're going to discuss an idea in depth, that's the best place to do it; it's also the best place to get an idea noticed if you really want us to consider it in the future.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Scilly_guy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:57 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I've moved the discussion of characters not being able to log out to the Ideas & Innovations thread. If you're going to discuss an idea in depth, that's the best place to do it; it's also the best place to get an idea noticed if you really want us to consider it in the future.

Thank the light, I have always been so sick of announcement threads getting derailed by discussion of game mechanics.

The name of seasonal stall suggests that items will change in there only a few times a year, or should we expect it to be more common than every few months? Will there be an announcement? I try to avoid going to town as it often makes my computer crash, sometimes a trip there and back can be 3 reboots.
Scilly_guy

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Scilly_guy wrote:
The name of seasonal stall suggests that items will change in there only a few times a year, or should we expect it to be more common than every few months? Will there be an announcement? I try to avoid going to town as it often makes my computer crash, sometimes a trip there and back can be 3 reboots.

Expect the contents to change more than once a month but not more than once a week. We will announce major changes to it, but may not announce it every time. While I am sympathetic to your computer crashing on trips to Providence we are looking to make more and more reasons for players to congregate in town other than simple trade. This is primarily to help facilitate opportunities for more social interaction.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alagar » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 pm

i'm the only who noticed the trollface on the screen shoot menu?
Last edited by alagar on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby alprice » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Did someone say social interaction??? I am all in.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby alloin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:31 pm

alagar wrote:i'm the only who noticed the trollface on the screen shoot menu?

That's the special power-button !!! (only for gods)
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Propulsion » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Please note that we do not consider "Nice Things" to be a patch. Nice Things will be our method to keep things interesting between patches which are currently slated to always be weeks, not months.

I know patch has been delayed, but any update on seasonal stall?
Propulsion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements