Some ideas....

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Some ideas....

Postby Dallane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:48 am

Mazavalt wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Mereni wrote:NPCs in this game are not going to match the combat ability of a human and having something like that instead of braziers would not be to your advantage.

Exactly. Players will lead them away and just kill them off to break down your walls risk free.

My ideea is set to get soldiers as guards and u buy gunpowder musckets and equip ur soldiers with them. After that i wonder how many would dare to raid aka rob the village?

Everyone.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mazavalt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm

A new Ideea for Devs.

Ability to fill either a barrel Or a new introduces crate with dirt, or wheelbarrow.
Mazavalt

Postby Mereni » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 am

You know, if you ever want the devs to read your ideas, you have to make a separate thread for each idea. No one really pays attention to threads like this.

Remember to search first to see if your idea has already been put forth, which is often the case.
Mereni

Postby Mushibag » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Mazavalt wrote:A new Ideea for Devs.

Ability to fill either a barrel Or a new introduces crate with dirt, or wheelbarrow.

You can put dirt in a cart or on a sled.
Mushibag

Postby Whiskybob » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:59 pm

@OP
And I thought my idea for oil lamps for mines was far fetched..... yours are tossed to the orbit.
Whiskybob

Postby Mazavalt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:49 am

Mushibag wrote:
Mazavalt wrote:A new Ideea for Devs.

You can put dirt in a cart or on a sled.

Tnx for heads up. Before wipe i tested and didnt worked.
Mazavalt

Postby Mazavalt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:07 am

Best ideea i ever had struck me this night. QUITTING! I teste the damn spider no info on wiki took me down and a smart ass looted my body in providence where i knew u cant be looted? Anyway tommorow will be party time formy neighbours. Gona unclaim and leave to them all i had. Was fun but after all the strugletp gather them, to find an smart ass taking my purse EQUIPED my stell axe EQUIPED, even my damn slingshoot also EQUIPED... is damn too much. Didint had time to test cart but wtf, .....i wonder how many from devs play this game... Anyway Bye Bye.
Mazavalt

Postby Champie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:43 am

Mazavalt wrote:Best ideea i ever had struck me this night. QUITTING! I teste the damn spider no info on wiki took me down and a smart ass looted my body in providence where i knew u cant be looted? Anyway tommorow will be party time formy neighbours. Gona unclaim and leave to them all i had. Was fun but after all the strugletp gather them, to find an smart ass taking my purse EQUIPED my stell axe EQUIPED, even my damn slingshoot also EQUIPED... is damn too much. Didint had time to test cart but wtf, .....i wonder how many from devs play this game... Anyway Bye Bye.

It is unfortunate that you have experienced so much frustration. I think you should do what is best for you, so I wish you well in your endeavors.

For future reference, I'd like to address the problems you described.

Salem Reference: The devs are too clever for their own good. They don't often offer direct or thorough information about new mechanics, items, mobs, or other changes. At the start of a New World like this, it means that the community is left to tear each other to pieces trying to figure it all out. WIKIs, strategies, guides, etc take time to coalesce into something useful for all players who are unable to rigorously delve into the systems themselves. In the meantime, the best option is to sift through the forums, chat on IRC, or find some friends who can help each other work it out. This is not optimal for most players, and I suspect there are 5x as many people who quit in silence for every one like yourself who expresses their frustration and dissatisfaction.

Spiders: The forums would have been useful for information about them, but it seems that you made one specific mistake when you decided to attack one on the Providence claim....

Providence Claim: The Providence claim prevents players and animals from ATTACKING other players only. Players can loot (Larceny) other players who are KO'd. That was an incorrect assumption on your part, but understandable. I imagine that a lot of players think "safe zone" and but miss the details.

Sleds, boats, carts: You can drop dirt directly onto these. If you dig up 1 unit of dirt and drop it on the sled/boat/cart you use up one slot of storage. If you dig up a full load of dirt (can't carry anymore) and drop it on the sled/boat/cart, you use up one slot of storage.

People are *****: Yes, this is true, but not all people. Even the ***** are just playing the game as expected, so you can't blame them. Even people who are really nice and generous get the urge to take advantage of opportunities, such as someone KO'd on the Providence claim. Sometimes that just feels good, at least for a little while :)

Anyway, I wish you well. It's easy to come back or just tinker with the game. Eventually there will be lots of resources all around in game and out. Perhaps you would enjoy the game more after things settle down.

edit to add: People can be ungracious in the forums, but they are essentially correct. Sort of like Tough Love
Last edited by Champie on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Champie

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 am

Mazavalt wrote:Best ideea i ever had struck me this night. QUITTING! I teste the damn spider no info on wiki took me down and a smart ass looted my body in providence where i knew u cant be looted? Anyway tommorow will be party time formy neighbours. Gona unclaim and leave to them all i had. Was fun but after all the strugletp gather them, to find an smart ass taking my purse EQUIPED my stell axe EQUIPED, even my damn slingshoot also EQUIPED... is damn too much. Didint had time to test cart but wtf, .....i wonder how many from devs play this game... Anyway Bye Bye.

You know this is a full loot perma death game correct? Its not our fault that you were stupid enough to get KO in town and let someone loot you.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mushibag » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:56 am

Mazavalt wrote:i wonder how many from devs play this game...

There are 2 devs, so probably 2 devs play the game.
Mushibag

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations