There is one critical part of the game missing...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

There is one critical part of the game missing...

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I have no idea how this was missed for so long, after all it's arguably the most critical resource that the pilgrims had to aid in their survival to and on the new world. The fact that we overlooked this glorious aspect in Salem is disrespectful beyond belief. I am of course talking about the one... The only... BOOZE! We need bottles of rum, kegs of beer, barrels of mead, crappy glasses of fancy-ass wine, and spirits of all varieties! After all, how I am supposed to sedate all the peasants I've been suppressing without it?
kabuto202

Re: There is one critical part of the game missing...

Postby Alxe » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:45 pm

I think agriculture should have some kind of overhaul before this is implemented, I'd like to see the "quality" of the grounds that existed in HnH here.
Alxe

Postby staxjax » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Isinglass can be used to make beer, so it is only a matter of time before we have some kind of beverage.

Alxe, there is no quality...only purity, and you can increase the purity of your crops.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Alxe » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:02 pm

staxjax wrote:Alxe, there is no quality...only purity, and you can increase the purity of your crops.

That's why I quoted it. In HnH, as far as I remember, you dug dirt from anywhere, and it had certain purity. The more purity, the more purity the crops yilded had.
As of now, iirc, it doesn't matter where you till the fields as long as you can add humus, and later, fertilizers.
Alxe

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Alxe wrote:
staxjax wrote:Alxe, there is no quality...only purity, and you can increase the purity of your crops.

That's why I quoted it. In HnH, as far as I remember, you dug dirt from anywhere, and it had certain purity. The more purity, the more purity the crops yilded had.
As of now, iirc, it doesn't matter where you till the fields as long as you can add humus, and later, fertilizers.

Quality nodes have been completely removed from the game for some good reasons. We will never see any form of node based quality or purity in Salem. Confirmed by loftar.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 am

If I were a gambling man (well, I am actually, just not good enough to make a living doing it...), I'd put money on it leaving HnH when the server is redeveloped.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Drinks

Postby aragaer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:40 pm

We've got a lot of foods and cooking in game. Next step should be brewing. Beers, berry wines and various liquors.
aragaer

Re: Drinks

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Like the idea, but what, exactly, should they be used for? Just to get drunk isn't very fun in a game. (Not very fun period, in my opinion.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Bonuses to proficiencies aren't very helpful in my opinion because the whole point of the proficiency system is to give helpful but non-critical buffs. It's nice, but it probably isn't worth actively making an item to give a temp buff to them.

Now if we had something in the game along the lines of "Farmer's Mead", +10% * Purity multiplier flat plenty bonus (no RNG!) added to crops planted for the next 30 minutes. That I could see being valuable. The guarenteed plenty benefit would probably make it worth the time to craft some for farmers when they go to replant fields.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Isinglass was used for many things, and making beer is one of them. It is only a matter of time.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations