Connection refused: connect

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Connection refused: connect

Postby Ekonomistas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Hello everybody,

My problem is written in the topic. I created account and joined the game today, during my lunch time, everything went fine. After I got back from work, I updated Java which I was forced to do to be able to launch this game, and now when I try to connect, it gives me this "Connection refused: connect" message. I check the password, it is correct. I am thinking that this has something to do with new java update. Also java warns me, every time I launch this app, that it has "unknown" publisher and this app will be blocked by default in the future.

Help meee:)
Ekonomistas

Re: Connection refused: connect

Postby Snowpig » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I have the same problem (with an existing account) on a standard client.

Updated Java to SP46, deleted the cache, still the same message
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 pm

This appears to be a common problem and so far the only solution that seems to be working universally is to use the Ender's client to play the game. Hopefully that will help until the problem is resolved or a someone can help you on a more technical level.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50
TeckXKnight

Postby tack » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:29 pm

sorry to be dense have the same problem after update
what is the enders client and how do i use it

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby zazverseau » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Same thing here.. just created an account, did everything I was supposed to. Now start-up window opens but connection refused.. I wonder what this is about, really...( and pop up comes up, saying its an unknown publisher bla bla) if anyone has a clue, please let us all know- thanks
zazverseau

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Most of the custom clients are fairly easy to use. Simply find the location of the mod on the forums (or the Internet in general) and use the link to download the .zip or loading package. In the case of Ender's it is a .jnlp that uses Java Web Start to load the necessary files. Simply save the file downloaded and open it. If you read through the thread (or at least the opening post or other documentation linked there), you'll see that there may be some more options and utilities for playing the game.

Ender's: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50
Latikai (a variation on the Ender mod): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7681

The mods were highly recommended prior to a few of the updates to the original client, but as of recently, the one big advantage they provide is a resizable and zoomable minimap. I've not used the Latikai mod at all, so not sure how the improvements there help.

PS I see Teck already linked Ender's :P
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby tack » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm

yep found it :D will it work with the latest java do you know and more importantly will this client problem be fixed for the vanilla clients

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm

It'll get fixed. Whether it's the client at fault or Java, I can't be sure. (From the posts I'm seeing, I'm inclined to think it is a Java problem, but loftar should be able to come up with a workaround or it is simply a settings issue.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 am

It seems Oracle has done something strange among the latest Java updates, and I haven't yet quite figured out just what. Until I manage to do, I can only suggest using an older Java version instead.
loftar

Postby tack » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am

this maybe

Area: deploy
Synopsis: Default Security Level Setting Changed to High
The default security level for Java applets and web start applications has been increased from "Medium" to "High". This affects the conditions under which unsigned (sandboxed) Java web applications can run. Previously, as long as you had the latest secure Java release installed applets and web start applications would continue to run as always. With the "High" setting the user is always warned before any unsigned application is run to prevent silent exploitation.

could this have anything to do with it from javas release notes

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities