Is there any nice people around? :)

Look for a group to play with here.

Is there any nice people around? :)

Postby Aquolabean » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi everyone!

I started to play no so long ago. I checked general game mechanics, learned few skills, but soon i got bored to play alone and began to search for a group to play with. And then i came to forums...

So that's how i found out that every server is almost totally under control of some faction :) And all these factions are not n00b-friendly. Looks like some of them are really addicted to player-killing and n00b-inslaving :P It's not something i was looking for - to be honest.

So i came here to ask - is there any group of players, who are more focused on crafting and building, instead of killing n00bs like me, LOL? And may they accept me to some village or town to learn more about game and play with them?

Currently i got a character on Jamestown (it was one in the middle, so i chosed it, huh), but it's pretty green, so i can create a new one on any other server.
Aquolabean

Re: Is there any nice people around? :)

Postby Dallane » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Aquolabean wrote:Currently i got a character on Jamestown (it was one in the middle, so i chosed it, huh), but it's pretty green, so i can create a new one on any other server.

Staying on jamestown is your best bet.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DarkSeed » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Dallane wrote:Staying on jamestown is your best bet.

+1 to this.

Moderate population and a chance to not get yourself killed in first few days.
DarkSeed

Postby yoyman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah I'm on James Town. Another guy and I started over with a about a month ago. He was brand new to the game and I slightly less so. We haven't gotten very far along but I'll talk to him about letting in a new person. I'm considered a carebear and so is he but I think that's what you are looking for anyways. I'll be on for a good portion of this evening. Send me a Personal Message and we can talk in game to see if you will be happy with what we have to offer and vice versa.

-Archi
yoyman

Postby MadeofMeat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 pm

I am also both new to playing Salem and more interested in farming/building/carebear stuff than in raiding or PVP. I've started characters on all three servers but I have been concentrating on Jamestown. The reason is, it seems like it has the best potential of the three servers for a player who isn't already allied with a dominant faction.

If it were possible, I would like to join with other players instead of hermiting. However, I wouldn't expect any established players to trust a stranger like me to join their town; also, until I can afford a town bell I'm not really in a position to invite anyone to join me either. So my plan for now is to work on developing a good reputation with other players on Jamestown by trading with them: I've been selling things like hay, lime, charcoal, raw rabbit hides, and bluets.

(BTW, if anyone is interested in trading with me on Jamestown you can kin me with my secret, "madeofmeat".)
MadeofMeat

Postby cannibalkirby » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 am

My friend is going to start playing again so I will have a small group going on Roanoke if you maybe wanna join, got room for 2 more anyways
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Return to Planters & Pilgrims