Hi I am new and looking for other new people....

Look for a group to play with here.

Hi I am new and looking for other new people....

Postby Annamae » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi there,

I am new and I play on the Roanoke? (Hope I spelt it right) server. I started a couple days ago and have been playing since thus. I am looking for other new people who might want to play with me. I can not afford a claim stone yet but I am very much trying too. I have had some very nice people help me a bit like giving me seeds to start out with and clothing. I must say another gentlemen gave me a slingshot and a fishing pole. I am though a "Vulture'r" as some people say. I like to explore around me and look at older settlements that have been raided or abandoned and when there is no claim I take what I like. Nothing grand though, a few logs here or there and a nice axe. I carry a few things like some pots I find strolled around on a sled given to me by a good friend of mine so far. SO like I said, if you would like to be my friend and play with me so I don't go into hermitage then please do so. Thank you very much and have a great day! :D
Annamae

Re: Hi I am new and looking for other new people....

Postby Annamae » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 pm

No one?
Annamae

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

The problem you, and lost of the people looking for groups lately, are having is that you have no history. Letting someone join your group involves you trusting that person, at least a little, or at the very least knowing that they are likely not an established troll, and if you have no post history you could be some bored troll's alt. If you don't get any invites I believe The Land of the Swamp Folk accepts anyone on Roa, or you you can try to establish yourself on the forums and then more people will be willing to let you join them.
DarkNacht

Postby Annamae » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 pm

I understand what you are saying, I also understand that this game is solely based on distrust. All I am saying is I am honestly a new person trying to figure out this game and make friends.
Annamae

Postby Kandarim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 am

Annamae wrote:I understand what you are saying, I also understand that this game is solely based on distrust. All I am saying is I am honestly a new person trying to figure out this game and make friends.

Please do look at it from the prospect of the towns as well: the methods in place for mayors to control the townies are VERY small (i.e. they basically have no rights at all or immediately have all rights on the town claim). Inviting someone to your town which you do not know presents a very real risk to a town. Play a bit on the server you want to join, forage, explore, trade some with people and you'll gradually get your name out. The good thing about the small pop we are having on the servers is that it's not that hard to get noticed on a server.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Yarith » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

I wrote you a PM yesterday. Just in case you didn't notice.
Yarith

Return to Planters & Pilgrims