Looking for town to join in Roanoke

Look for a group to play with here.

Looking for town to join in Roanoke

Postby lloyd316 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Was starting a guy in jamestown but was informed its a test server and noticed its pretty dead so started a new guy in roanoke. Any towns have room for a newbie. Looking to learn and have fun. I Dont expect any handouts just people to hang with.
lloyd316

Re: Looking for town to join in Roanoke

Postby Cheena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Jamestown is not pretty dead, it's not a test server and it's not gonna be shut down. But do whatever you want to, we have enough drama to deal with since Biddas is getting mad over our pirates :D
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby alprice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:11 pm

You might be able to find a good town. We got burnt by taking in someone that stole from every member and it was hard but he died a grusome death. So, my advice is don't bite the hand that feeds you!! You will die!! Thanks to Good friends.. We got back stuff that was precious to us. On a happy note.. We are a friendly group :D
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby lloyd316 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 am

Was just going by what i was emailed. Ive only been playing a few days. I am glad to hear jamestown is not a test server since i didnt want to abandon my character there.
lloyd316

Postby Cheena » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:05 am

First rule : do not believe everything people can tell you, trust is definitly not something you can offer to anyone in Salem. I'm glad to hear you're staying on Jamestown, we might cross each-other's path there, and if we do so, you'll then learn what is Jamestown and why it's so cool :D

Cheena

Postby Frotted » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am

Unfortunately... trust issues being what they are... you have a better chance of joining a town when you have a clue... vs joining a town to get a clue. The only exception to this is if you are joining RL friends who invite you in up front.

Trust is everything though. Don't be a criminal, don't give anyone a reason to mistrust you and do your best to stay out of politics and be the a dead head when talking in town.... that's not to say you can't be intelligent, just don't talk about who is who and what you heard they did. (I got wasted on Tribe by ignoring local politics...and then I almost got wasted again by being too inquisitive on another server... when the safe spot was to know and not admit that you know...just use what you know to dance through the hoops to where you want to be... hope that makes sense.)

You could be talking to someone's alt... And they will peg you as 'with' one faction or another.

Ultimately, it's best to know a lot and admit you know nothing. Ever. Not even to those you trust totally. They could turn on you or in candid chat say you know more than you might be willing to defend, etc.

If you can manage that and not betray those that take you in... you'll find a happy home somewhere in Salem...
Frotted

Postby Cheena » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 am

Fact is there is no "political faction" on Jamestown. Darwoth as a single man cannot be counted as a faction, and Pirates, well, they are pirates. They don't fight for politics. That said, as long as you don't insult people, being curious is important to know what's going on, and asking people in game is not that dangerous.

Cheena

Postby lloyd316 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 am

Thank you for the info.. Well im gonna get in there and make some more froghetti. Try and keep to my own little area for a while.
lloyd316

Postby jcwilk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 am

Cheena wrote:Fact is there is no "political faction" on Jamestown. Darwoth as a single man cannot be counted as a faction, and Pirates, well, they are pirates. They don't fight for politics. That said, as long as you don't insult people, being curious is important to know what's going on, and asking people in game is not that dangerous.

Mostly true, they aren't so much "factions" but there are certainly relevant groups that start drama sometimes, and if you are identified as with them then you're going to have problems *cough*newpirates*cough*
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Return to Planters & Pilgrims