Hermit->Settlement->City->(?Empire?) (Plymouth)

Look for a group to play with here.

Re: Hermit->Settlement->City->(?Empire?) (Plymouth)

Postby dageir » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm

You could opt to be always on the move without settling. That way you could be truly neutral. A gang of nomads would be cool.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Nutmegger » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, wish I'd known before choosing a server. I certainly understand that this is not a game for children or those with weak stomachs. I've already had my holdings knocked down once. But I am not really prepared for fully institutionalized extortion schemes which are a flat-out bar on casual play. This is fun and all, but I'm not sure what's in it for me to just pay protection money in exchange for not much else. Even the Godfather could be relied upon to dispense favors in exchange for loyalty.
Nutmegger

Postby bibensd » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 pm

yea pretty much if you're new might as well avoid plymouth server like the plague, people there don't play well with others
bibensd

Postby n0kturnal » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

dageir wrote:You could opt to be always on the move without settling. That way you could be truly neutral. A gang of nomads would be cool.

A gang of strip miners going from lime pit to lime pit, finding a nearby mine and then setting up masses of stamp mills and smelters - when the pit is gone they move on to the next one...

Or you know, horsemen. That would be cool. :roll:
n0kturnal

Postby dageir » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Nomadic life would be possible after you have the biles you want and the profs you want, then just set out and wander. A group would be more fun, but maybe hard to coordinate unless they wander out of city hub every time.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby EdwardTeach » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Wolkodav7 wrote:Hello to every farmer and new hermit,

my name is Wolkodav7 and im looking for some guys to start a new life.

Hope to see you ingame, bye...

Greetings mate, I wish you good luck in your endeavor.
EdwardTeach

Postby Gallient » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 am

Any remaining resistance won't leave scents, especially where the Tribe can find them, pay your treaty and you won't even need walls.
Gallient

Postby Wolkodav7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:56 am

Gallient wrote:Any remaining resistance won't leave scents, especially where the Tribe can find them, pay your treaty and you won't even need walls.

yea... i once heard how tribe is "protecting" the players who pay taxes.
they sayd something about "slaughing there sheep" instead of farming the wool (if u know what i mean).
Wolkodav7

Postby Gallient » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Wolkodav7 wrote:
Gallient wrote:Any remaining resistance won't leave scents, especially where the Tribe can find them, pay your treaty and you won't even need walls.

yea... i once heard how tribe is "protecting" the players who pay taxes.
they sayd something about "slaughing there sheep" instead of farming the wool (if u know what i mean).

You are protected in that anyone who leaves scents won't be long for this world, and that braves and other treaty payers will not raid you when they eventually come upon your homestead.

There are many overly vocal individuals in the opposition(Most no longer play or have ran to another server) who will even latch onto the most obvious of falsifications so they can preach and forum warrior atop their high horses. Fact is Paymaster Paul is very serious about the treaty and the braves will jump to any scents. There are many places I've personally wanted to raid but as a treaty payer I am obligated to check with the Paymaster first, and I would be as dead as any opposition member if I raided a fellow treaty payer (Or I would just have to pay back damages and much more to the individual I raided). Go to Jamestown or Roanoke if you want, I'm just saying that I've been on Plymouth since the server began and I have been on both sides of the "Tribe fence" so to say. If you want to run your village on Plymouth and are not too prideful to hand over pocket change, that is the Salem equivalent of easy mode. If however you'd rather not pay the treaty and make a stand, you'll be as dead and buried as the rest of the opposition. If you want to be competitive without having to make up too much ground then Jamestown but anyone thinking that server isn't destined for a dramatic explosion in politics has not been around Salem long. If you want to be on the most volatile and currently interesting server then Roanoke.

Good luck with your village, sorry if I might have derailed a bit but I just thought I'd properly inform you so you can make the right choice for your playstyle.
Gallient

Postby pareod375 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 am

Hey guys, where can I find either of these sides? My friend and I are new and really want to get involved in the conflicts in the world. We are willing to be recruited. PM me.
pareod375

Previous

Return to Planters & Pilgrims