Recruiting Pilgrims! [Closed]

Look for a group to play with here.

Recruiting Pilgrims! [Closed]

Postby Gacrux » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello and salutations pilgrims!

If you are like me and want to experience Salem with a group of people then please respond to this thread showing your interest! :)

We have a Teamspeak and also Skype (you are more than welcome to pm me your skype info)

With your response to this thread please provide the following:
1.Alias or real name.
2. Your age.
3. Total hours of gameplay on salem weekly and you timezone.
4. What role you would play for the village.

Access to ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak or Skype IS REQUIRED! I am pro support to village communication.

if you are not comfortable providing information in this thread feel free to pm me! :)

[Update] 10/2:
We are currently in the process of getting villagers settled, if I have spoken with you already in regards to skype or other conversation I will be sure to notify you via PM on your current status

[Update] 10/5:
We currently have 4 members recruited including the main founders which make our group a total of 8 members! lets see if we can make it to 10 :D

[Update] 10/6:
We are in the process of getting all our new member added and settled to the village at this time we are going to place the application on hold, I do check this forum and pms frequently so please feel free to post your app here in the topic or via pm, once the village gets our newest settlers in place I will begin recruitment starting with queued applicants :D

[Update] 10/13:
Due to activity and RL constraints We'll be placing recruitment on hold for the next week or so, those who have been contacted through pm will be notified when a space has been prepared and recruitment will be reopened.

[Update] 11/4:
We are once again opening our doors to recruiting new villagers to join our community please remember in your app (via pm preferably) to provide your skype name or let me know if you have access to team-speak.

[Update] 11/5:
We are extending an invitation for all pilgrims interested in starting a village in Roanoke! If you are interested please follow the same "recruitment guidelines of here or via pm :)

[Update] 11/10:
Roanoke Expedition has settled! If I have not pm'd you or added you to skype do not fret I am still going through pms. :shock:

[Update] 11/16:
Recruitment has reopened Plymouth settlement will have stricter recruitment, roanoke will try and take as many as we can within limit so stay tuned :D

[Update] 11/20:
Due to some issues in roanoke we have decided to settle with recruitment for just the Plymouth server until further notice, (blame Russians and coonman.)

[Update] 11/20:
Recruitment is now being moved to colonial charter for more in depth recruitment.
Last edited by Gacrux on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Gacrux

Re: Recruiting Pilgrims to start a village

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:18 am

Gacrux wrote:After forum stalking for a week I've noticed a trend in players looking for villages and coming up empty handed, left to the solitude and loneliness of hermiting.

I have a couple of thoughts on this:

1. They completely new to the game and haven't offered up much information that established towns are looking for or created some sort of reputation on the forums or IRC.

2. These are alts and are just spies looking to sneak into a village.

I'm sure there's other possibilities, too. Established villages often won't take on completely new players or only take one or two at a time. Good luck with the organization!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Gacrux » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Regarding the ALTs

I agree but I figured that creating a villagefrom the ground up would be a deterrent for people to cause trouble I come from haven and I can tell from reading the forum that deceitful players have already caused their fair share of paranoia.

I hope I get some people interested
Gacrux

Postby Slapacookie » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm

.Alias or real name. Slapacookie is my name but my ingame name is Davy Crocket I believe
2. Your age.18
3. Total hours of gameplay on salem weekly and you timezone. Well I used to play with friends but we dont play anymore so i got like 50 skills done so probably like 40-50 hours weekly if not college day.
4. What role you would play for the village. I am a farmer and a constructor. I got cotton,cabbage, and agriculture and I got carpentry,sewing,working on weaving and simple fences. Send me a message on the forus if you want me but since im so high in level Id hope you guys are to.
Slapacookie
Customer

Postby Gacrux » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Slapacookie wrote:.Alias or real name. Slapacookie is my name but my ingame name is Davy Crocket I believe
2. Your age.18
3. Total hours of gameplay on salem weekly and you timezone. Well I used to play with friends but we dont play anymore so i got like 50 skills done so probably like 40-50 hours weekly if not college day.
4. What role you would play for the village. I am a farmer and a constructor. I got cotton,cabbage, and agriculture and I got carpentry,sewing,working on weaving and simple fences. Send me a message on the forus if you want me but since im so high in level Id hope you guys are to.

For safety reasons we are recruiting only alts or new characters, if you are still interested let me know via this topic or pm.
Gacrux

Postby Misscupcake » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 pm

1. Miss Cupcake
2. 19
3. I play when I have time so after class or work every night (EST) with the exception of Tuesdays and Fridays because I have a 3 hour history lecture and on Friday I play pathfinders with my nerdy friends.
4. I've only been playing for 3 days but mostly I hoard food and store it and I do a decent amount of bunny slaying for money from the hides. I figure a town would need a pseudo-doctor so I would treat poisons from rattle snakes and probably feed people who are close to death/ just got KOed. Other then that I'm kinda useless and watch netflix while I play. I could help gather stuff though I'm pretty good at that.

I have ventrillo but I'm kinda really shy so I probably wont talk till I get to know you guys.

Edit: I played in Haven for all of world 3-5 and some of world 6 so I sort of know how to run and hide pretty well. Oh and fishing, I can fish
Woof Imma cat
jwhitehorn wrote:P/s: mother nature thinks your fat.
Misscupcake

Postby Gacrux » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:25 am

Misscupcake wrote: 4. I've only been playing for 3 days but mostly I hoard food and store it and I do a decent amount of bunny slaying for money from the hides. I figure a town would need a pseudo-doctor so I would treat poisons from rattle snakes and probably feed people who are close to death/ just got KOed. Other then that I'm kinda useless and watch netflix while I play. I could help gather stuff though I'm pretty good at that.

I have ventrillo but I'm kinda really shy so I probably wont talk till I get to know you guys.
Edit: I played in Haven for all of world 3-5 and some of world 6 so I sort of know how to run and hide pretty well. Oh and fishing, I can fish

I'm going to have decline your application For two main reasons;

1. your goal does not fit in well with a beginning village.
Though a doctor is a fairly decent Role-play style of game-play that I commend you on, in this style of game it is not useful in any way for development.

2. You have played Haven and hearth from world 3 - 6 and yet you watch netflix while playing Salem...
I don't want to be mean or come off mean spirited because I'm not kind of guy but that will get you killed.

We need people who are starting out or know the game that can forage, hunt, and help the village progress in a timely manner, not saying that you style of play is wrong its just not what we need at the moment.

Sorry and best of luck in your search (:
Gacrux

Postby Misscupcake » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm

I don't get you, you want new players for a village yet you decline everyone who asks. First of all hnh is no Salem while they are both crafting mmos, Salem is much more in-depth and basic things like chopping down trees require a long chain of skills. Also I watch Netflix while doing anything and its not so much watch as listen to drown out the noises. Combat was also more prevalent in hearth, in Salem I can gather my way to victory without having to really put myself in danger, but that might just be the lack of players right now. But still if you wake up in a village and you have no food you want to go back out and risk getting eaten by bears and snakes? Also running away isn't cowardly, its a very good survival skill and I have yet to be KOed in the game and I've killed over 10 snakes getting teeth to sell. Good luck finding the "perfect newb" for your village, you should probably lower your standards.
Woof Imma cat
jwhitehorn wrote:P/s: mother nature thinks your fat.
Misscupcake

Postby Gacrux » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Misscupcake wrote:I don't get you, you want new players for a village yet you decline everyone who asks. First of all hnh is no Salem while they are both crafting mmos, Salem is much more in-depth and basic things like chopping down trees require a long chain of skills. Also I watch Netflix while doing anything and its not so much watch as listen to drown out the noises. Combat was also more prevalent in hearth, in Salem I can gather my way to victory without having to really put myself in danger, but that might just be the lack of players right now. But still if you wake up in a village and you have no food you want to go back out and risk getting eaten by bears and snakes? Also running away isn't cowardly, its a very good survival skill and I have yet to be KOed in the game and I've killed over 10 snakes getting teeth to sell. Good luck finding the "perfect newb" for your village, you should probably lower your standards.

you are the only person I've declined so far we've accepted three others.

[Edit:] We have accepted 4 members so far and ms. Cupcake is still the only decline.
Last edited by Gacrux on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gacrux

Postby Jpwinks001 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 pm

1.Graham
2. 24
3.12-20 Hours - live in the UK so 0:00 Timezone.
4. I am just starting out as huntsmen and forager. I will be bring home game, berries, collecting items for tanning and leather making clothing for Pilgrims.
I will also be working towards defensive skills to protect the village from raiders and develop fencing and Firearm skills
Jpwinks001

Next

Return to Planters & Pilgrims