Thread outdated

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

Re: WTB: Iron Bars (40-50 silver per) [JT]

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 pm

ZtyX wrote:
Thor wrote:You can easilly make 50 bars per hour.

Did you ever try doing it or is this theoretics?

Since smelters take 40 minutes this means you run your smelters 3 times over 2 hours for 100 bars.

100/1.8 ~ 56 smelts, which implies 18-19 smelters. This also implies 10 stamp mills for the ore - and who knows if you are lucky enough to have the lime next to the mine so you can use the same stamp mills or not.

To set this up you used 120 bars which is not an insignificant cost. You likely spent another 58 bars on 10 stamp mills next to your lime pit.

This actually isn't that bad. You just need to be fortunate enough to have a large "infinite" lime pit near a mine.

Dragging this amount of lime would stink.

I'd also assume you'd set up your own renewable forest for coal.

And with all this set up - you can make the same amount of money as agropelter hunting.
RonPaulFTW

Postby ZtyX » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:26 pm

You cannot run smelters 3 times per 2 hours because it takes quite some time to put ore, lime and coal in them. The constant walking between stamp mills, teleporting lime and coal clamps takes time. I'd say you should be satisfied if you run a large amount of smelters once an hour.

There is also a lot of work to be done with creating coal clamps and mining/dragging ore boulders as well as chipping lime boulders.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Thor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:54 pm

ZtyX wrote:
Thor wrote:You can easilly make 50 bars per hour.

Did you ever try doing it or is this theoretics?

No need to be a genious for this.
5 mins to prep stuff and 40 mins to smelt.
Smelting for 3 hours (4 smelts) will result ~7-8 bars per smelter with 10 lime and 15 ore.
With 20 smelters (and 12 stamp mills) you get very near to 50 bars per hour (21 smelters would be precise, but I like even numbers..)

aljuspt wrote:11 limes-22s 1= 2s
15 coals-22,5s

Total=44,5s

Only noobs sell iron for 40s POINT.

Are you ***** kidding me? Throwing few silver to get a finished product is way wiser. :lol:
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby ZtyX » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Thor wrote:No need to be a genious for this.
Smelting for 3 hours (4 smelts) will result ~7-8 bars per smelter with 10 lime and 15 ore.
With 20 smelters (and 12 stamp mills) you get very near to 50 bars per hour (21 smelters would be precise, but I like even numbers..)

0-5 minutes to prepare and light smelter #1
5-10
10-15
15-20
20-25
25-30
30-35
35-40
40-45
45-50
55-55
55-60 to prepare and light smelter #12

That's 12 smelters. That's 21.84 iron bars in total for 1 hour of constant production. That's less than half of what you said you could make.

That's 1092 silver per hour at 50s per bar, which is nowhere near 2500.
ZtyX

Postby Thor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 pm

ZtyX wrote:
Thor wrote:No need to be a genious for this.

5-10
10-15
15-20
20-25
25-30
30-35
35-40
40-45
45-50
55-55

That's 12 smelters. That's 21.84 iron bars in total for 1 hour of constant production. That's less than half of what you said you could make.

That's 1092 silver per hour at 50s per bar, which is nowhere near 2500.

You don't need 5 minutes to prep ONE smelter. While your smelt is going on you can get the lime and other things.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby ZtyX » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm

So how long does it take to do the following things?

1: Dig 2 lime boulders and chip them or have them processed in 2 stamp mills or two times in 1 stamp mill
2: Teleport the lime through Boston
3: Put the lime into your smelter
4: Burn a mine wall, mine a boulder, drag it to the stamp mill and have the stamp mill crush it. Take the ore and put it into the smelter.
5: Chop 7 woodblocks, make a coal clamp, light it, collect 15 coal pieces and walk to the smelter to put them in. And sometimes chop a tree and drag it where you need it. Or plant it.
6: Light the smelter and double check that it's all correct, Sometimes light your torch and add wood chippings to it.
7: Drop the dross and store the iron bars.

Everything takes time and, more than anything, it takes time to walk and deposit/withdraw stuff in various containers due to a limited inventory.
ZtyX

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 pm

ZtyX wrote:So how long does it take to do the following things?

1: Dig 2 lime boulders and chip them or have them processed in 2 stamp mills or two times in 1 stamp mill
2: Teleport the lime through Boston
3: Put the lime into your smelter
4: Burn a mine wall, mine a boulder, drag it to the stamp mill and have the stamp mill crush it. Take the ore and put it into the smelter.
5: Chop 7 woodblocks, make a coal clamp, light it, collect 15 coal pieces and walk to the smelter to put them in. And sometimes chop a tree and drag it where you need it. Or plant it.
6: Light the smelter and double check that it's all correct, Sometimes light your torch and add wood chippings to it.
7: Drop the dross and store the iron bars.

Everything takes time and, more than anything, it takes time to walk and deposit/withdraw stuff in various containers due to a limited inventory.

Have a local iron mine. If you do the work to refill smelters while they are running - you can have everything ready for a quick turnaround.
RonPaulFTW

Postby ZtyX » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:25 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Have a local iron mine. If you do the work to refill smelters while they are running - you can have everything ready for a quick turnaround.

Read this time schedule:

5-10
10-15
15-20
20-25
25-30
30-35
35-40
40-45
45-50
55-55

What turn around? There is no turnaround. You're always doing something no matter what. The turn around only exists with a few smelters. There is no turnaround once you have enough smelters. You will just be working constantly on stuff. The more concentrated work you do for your iron production the more money per hour because of your efficient work.

The turn around is also an illusion because you often do coal clamps, lime and other things at other times than when you're actually putting the stuff into the ore smelter. That's why it seems like you have more time than you actually do. But even if you don't produce any of that stuff, it still takes a lot of time just to fill up the smelters.

But this is all theoretical. You and Thor can go ahead and try it for yourself and tell me the results. I would be very interested in buying your iron bars ¦]
ZtyX

Postby Thor » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:56 am

ZtyX wrote:So how long does it take to do the following things?

1. Light pre filled ore smelters
2. Put ore boulders into stamp mills
3. Chip / port lime
4. Light fires in mine or dig up new boulders
When smelters are ready
1. Take bars to containers near smelters and drop dross to ground
2. Take lime from containers near smelters
3. Take ore from stamp mills
4. Take coal from clamps near smelters
5. Light smelters

REPEAT

When done smelting fill smelters for next day.

You sound like a person who is not really efficient.
I already gave you clues on how to do it faster and you still didn't get it.
I fixed your post.

ZtyX wrote:You and Thor can go ahead and try it for yourself and tell me the results. I would be very interested in buying your iron bars

It crossed my mind, but chipping lime is still a pain in the ass compared to Argo hunting.
I'm running 8 smelters and 5 stamp mils and I do get around 20 bars per hour.
Thor

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am

if someone wants to give me 50% of the bars they produce (and i will know since it is a simple matter of counting mined tiles) i will allow you to use your choice of high end mines.

69% mercury
60% mercury copper
58% sulphur

minimum contract would be 200 bars, that means 200 for me and 200 for you.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to The Trade-Wind