[Jamestown] Poor Farmers Market Stall

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

[Jamestown] Poor Farmers Market Stall

Postby Rantul » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 am

As some have noticed, there is a market stall where prices are extremely cheap, that would be mine heh. This however, does create massive shortage as demand is well beyond my ability to meet. My production is limited and I am working towards increasing production considerably. I operate out of a small personal claim, in a terrible location, partial of someone's town, and my own town, which is still under construction, no bloody defenses yet lol. It is in a good location and will be able to produce much more product.

Rather than increase prices to ensure that some items are always available, I prefer not to increase prices, it would counter my poor farmer role, I will be considering increasing some 3s items to 4s. My goal isn't to max out making as much silver as possible, but to mass produce items and then to offer cheap and inexpensive items to our salem hunters and explorers to the point its not worth it for you to bother doing it yourself. Many prefer not to concentrate so much on farming as I do, as i don't like to explore or hunt and generally despise that part of the game.

Current items entering the stall are of no concern and not part of my objective. Some garden items will not appear anymore on the stall, but instead they will be made into various gluttony foods to max their effectiveness by using my own purity flour and water, which currently is 4-5% pure or 1.40x. Prices will not reflect any current purity as it is still extremely low and not worth my time. For example a wheat sugar cap pie would start at 14s and if I ever get good purity gluttony foods on the stall, they will be cheap as well.

Until then, I am sorry if it is nearly or empty most of the time. It is all work in progress, as with many things, time consuming. If your wondering, I closely manage about 150 farm fields, 40 bins, 30 pots, 18 timber piles, and a turkey coop...Which i seem to starve all the turkeys to death frequently. I do have plans to get into iron bars, but not anytime soon. That's prob a good 2 weeks away, before i can start production, then there's town defenses...So, yeah, not anytime soon.
Rantul

Re: [Jamestown] Poor Farmers Market Stall

Postby ZtyX » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi.

I've shopped a few times at your stall and I admire your decision about not raising prices. I have considering doing the same thing as you, but I'm far too interested in other aspects of the game. I wish you good luck with creating a good production city, though, and I will support you by buying your products as I have been.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Rantul » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:29 am

at some point I'll be able to take large orders if anyone is interested and put stock aside, but I find myself still very limited on space. So it's going to the stall instead heh. As far putting gluttony foods on the stall, one must realize some foods are more expensive to make than others even though they don't give much on points which i hope they adjust someday.

Like I cooked a couple wortbaked warbites, but because it takes 5 components, it's expensive and...sulfur purity is horrible for those, not very happy about making those, but they can be used once in a yellow bile combo at least...Like the last one cause you only need a couple points more. If i had lead purity on it, would be 3 times better. I post it for 20s, and doubt i will post anymore cause of the cost, or untill i get lead purity. I'll be happier if i can make them with lead purity and then post them, lead is best for those.
Rantul

Postby ZtyX » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Just for your infotmation, I was disappointed to find foods on the stall. They're not that useful, I must admit. It would be best if you focused on raw materials that anyone can do with what they want.
ZtyX

Postby RonPaulFTW » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:21 pm

ZtyX wrote:Just for your infotmation, I was disappointed to find foods on the stall. They're not that useful, I must admit. It would be best if you focused on raw materials that anyone can do with what they want.

Food is hard to price.
RonPaulFTW

Postby ZtyX » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
ZtyX wrote:Just for your infotmation, I was disappointed to find foods on the stall. They're not that useful, I must admit. It would be best if you focused on raw materials that anyone can do with what they want.

Food is hard to price.

Well, I was not disappointed with the price. Just that Rantul is spending time on making/selling food when he could be expanding his production facility and provide Jamestown with truly useful raw materials and components.

Cool. My post #500!
ZtyX

Postby RonPaulFTW » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:30 pm

True. I'm a frequent buyer from his (and other stalls).
RonPaulFTW

Postby goblin_babe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 am

hey seller to the poor I will but any sugar caps or lavenda blewits u have :p contact me if you will sell these basic items
goblin_babe

Postby Rantul » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:16 am

I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving, I was busy and haven't been on lately.

i don't spend a lot of time with farming as much as you would think, couple hours at most, unless i miss a few days like during the holidays, i don't bother to fertilize except the t3 fields with humus. just to maintain them above 80 on everything. As far expanding production, i'm guessing it'll require me about 1800 iron bars so...it takes a long time considering you must build the walls, flatten the land, etc etc. Keeps me busy, and I have fun doing it. I can't make my little pc farm produce anymore, already have fields outside the claim area for anyone to destroy if they wanted to. and the design...I can't fix stupid, but at least the main area has decent defenses and will abandon it when the town is done so not putting anymore work into developing it and making it better.

Primary products on the stall is cereal seeds, hay, and wild oats. The other stuff is random overflow, soon i'll also be adding regen pies and gluttony foods every so often, cheap as possible. I also won't be directly selling sugar caps on the stall as I'll make those into sulfur wheat sugar cap pies of 3-4%, which is the worst element for them...but they will be cheap. offhand something like 12s per so not a major issue at that price eh. still good starter sugar cap pies. if i do ever get what i need for mercury grinding those pies will definitely replace sulfur pies. That's the plan anyways...

oh and um sorry to whomever got 460 seeds instead of 500, that was an accident. I assume the market stall doesn't make sure the 100 seed stacks are 100. but for 15s not really a big deal.
Rantul

Return to The Trade-Wind