Help Salem Grow

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Help Salem Grow

Postby iamah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:42 am

Building Towns is where it's at. Just take a look at Arcadia (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8474)

With some time maybe the game will make cooperation a bit easier and intuitive than it is now.
iamah

Postby mentalyll » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

jwhitehorn wrote:
sobriquet890 wrote:So , if I'm following you correctly....

Those who do not sign your treaty will be kos and you will destroy their claim. All in the interest of simply controlling Salem?
What I fail to realize is why does Salem need a big brother with an appetite for power?

Because people saw what happened before I took Salem under my wing. Chaotic factions of rebels ran around committing crimes, raiding each other, and killing each other. Meanwhile, on Plymouth, not a single scent was left for 6 months. Without the Tribe there can be no balance, and without balance, there can be no peace.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Before chief: People made factions and warred with eachother
After chief : People made factions and warred with eachother

If what you were saying were true, then nobody would be playing. Let's face it, this game is fun because of factions, politics, accomplishment and risk.
mentalyll

Postby cannibalkirby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 am

we all knew a treaty was coming, just play like before, if you choose to not sign then accept the consequences like a man and do something about it
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 pm

mentalyll wrote:
Before chief: People made factions and warred with eachother
After chief : People made factions and warred with eachother

This might be true on the savage slum servers of roanoke and Jamestown. But on Plymouth there were no wars after we established peace and Justice.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm

jwhitehorn wrote: But on Plymouth there were no wars after we established peace and Justice.

That happens when you are the only people playing on a server.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Cheena » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:22 pm

There's no reason to play a pvp game if there is no war at all.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby sobriquet890 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:10 am

Cheena

There's no reason to play a pvp game if there is no war at all.

I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting. I agree that the pvp element adds to the game but I would like to see people let people play. If someone is enjoying the game in their own way and not committing crimes then why should that person have to comply with other players "rules"? A single person has no chance against an army , thus removing that option to enjoy the game. It's sad. It's unnecessary. It's a pissing contest.

If factions want war, let them have it. If others want peace, why deny them?
sobriquet890

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 am

sobriquet890 wrote:I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting.

Actually you are 100% incorrect. This game is developed with pvp and drama as 1st priority.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Shill » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:38 am

Dallane wrote:
sobriquet890 wrote:I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting.

Actually you are 100% incorrect. This game is developed with pvp and drama as 1st priority.

+1 Pras.

With Regards,

Shill the Thief
Shill

Postby sobriquet890 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:42 am

Dallane wrote:

I believe you are incorrect, although arguing with a 5k plus poster would most likely be futile (In regards to the drama anyway) Drama on... err post on.
sobriquet890

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses