Help Salem Grow

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Help Salem Grow

Postby sobriquet890 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:12 am

It has been talked about before but I see even before the reset that factions are already forming. It concerns me that without joining or aligning with a faction you are a target to get raided, also if you do join a faction then you are a target to other factions. It seems the average player is merely "Canon Fodder" to these factions and cannot stand alone. So I ask why would a player spend money at the shop knowing this imbalance that is forced into Salem by these factions?

It's fine to play the game as you see fit but why not allow others to do the same? Let Salem enjoy a "Gold Age" , leave hermits that have done no wrong be , allow villages with no ill intent strive for greatness. I fear once again a shrinking population and possibly the death of a game that I believe could be much more.

I realize I will get hate for posting this but if Salem is a ghost town who will you raid? If no one lives on this land then who shall sign a treaty?

If no one spends money on this game then why would it survive?
sobriquet890

Re: Help Salem Grow

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:16 am

Just sign the Treaty and you wont' have a problem. Those who are too stupid to do so wouldn't have lasted long anyway.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby TheodorWolfe » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:18 am

While I see your point, this game is meant to reflect the experience of the original American colonists, and in those days hermits would not have fared well. People will always be stronger in groups, in RL and Salem. It's one of those bitter pills to swallow, but it gives a great high when you do. ;)
"Every flight begins with a fall." (George R.R. Martin)
TheodorWolfe

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 am

sobriquet890 wrote:It has been talked about before but I see even before the reset that factions are already forming. It concerns me that without joining or aligning with a faction you are a target to get raided, also if you do join a faction then you are a target to other factions. It seems the average player is merely "Canon Fodder" to these factions and cannot stand alone. So I ask why would a player spend money at the shop knowing this imbalance that is forced into Salem by these factions?

It's fine to play the game as you see fit but why not allow others to do the same? Let Salem enjoy a "Gold Age" , leave hermits that have done no wrong be , allow villages with no ill intent strive for greatness. I fear once again a shrinking population and possibly the death of a game that I believe could be much more.

I realize I will get hate for posting this but if Salem is a ghost town who will you raid? If no one lives on this land then who shall sign a treaty?

If no one spends money on this game then why would it survive?

lol good jokes
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby sobriquet890 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:29 am

You assume too much , you cannot assume signing your treaty protects anyone.
1. Who knows if you will achieve what you believe you will?
2. After signing they have aligned with you and against others.
3. You can not stop them from being raided and loosing what they have , merely respond to it. Too late for those who spent cash to try to enjoy the game/ rage quit.
4. Treating the mass of Salem as "Cannon Fodder" to only boast "Your" accomplishments gives nothing to Salem. It only takes , much like a parasite.

Pro's of signing? The tribe will not attack you. Sound like a threat to anyone else? Irony of which, it is called a "Treaty".
sobriquet890

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:31 am

sobriquet890 wrote:You assume too much , you cannot assume signing your treaty protects anyone.
1. Who knows if you will achieve what you believe you will?
2. After signing they have aligned with you and against others.
3. You can not stop them from being raided and loosing what they have , merely respond to it. Too late for those who spent cash to try to enjoy the game/ rage quit.
4. Treating the mass of Salem as "Cannon Fodder" to only boast "Your" accomplishments gives nothing to Salem. It only takes , much like a parasite.

Pro's of signing? The tribe will not attack you. Sound like a threat to anyone else? Irony of which, it is called a "Treaty".

1. I have done it before I will do it again. You cannot be assured that the Developers will not wipe the world either. There is a greater chance that hte Developers destroy your **** by a wipe than there is a raider does if you join the Treaty.
2. Yes, aligning with others is a death sentence. Always has been, always will be.
3. Just build a town as a treaty member and then you cannot be raided. Just notify the Tribe and we will come break it for you.
4. I don't know what your trying to say here. The only cannon fodder are the idiots who don't sign.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby sobriquet890 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 am

So , if I'm following you correctly....

Those who do not sign your treaty will be kos and you will destroy their claim. All in the interest of simply controlling Salem?
What I fail to realize is why does Salem need a big brother with an appetite for power?
sobriquet890

Postby Shill » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am

Everyone needs to sign the treaty. Afterwards we can all play Farmville for awhile, then quit. And find something else to play, as Salem will at that point have no point whatsoever to be played.
Shill

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 am

sobriquet890 wrote:So , if I'm following you correctly....

Those who do not sign your treaty will be kos and you will destroy their claim. All in the interest of simply controlling Salem?
What I fail to realize is why does Salem need a big brother with an appetite for power?

Because people saw what happened before I took Salem under my wing. Chaotic factions of rebels ran around committing crimes, raiding each other, and killing each other. Meanwhile, on Plymouth, not a single scent was left for 6 months. Without the Tribe there can be no balance, and without balance, there can be no peace.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:44 am

jwhitehorn wrote:on Plymouth, not a single scent was left for 6 months.

Scents typically are not left when no one is playing on that server other then yourself.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to House of Burgesses