Help Salem Grow

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Help Salem Grow

Postby belgear » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:53 am

sobriquet890 wrote:
Dallane wrote:
sobriquet890 wrote:I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting.

Actually you are 100% incorrect. This game is developed with pvp and drama as 1st priority.

I believe you are incorrect, although arguing with a 5k plus poster would most likely be futile (In regards to the drama anyway) Drama on... err post on.

Nah man, Dallane is right. This game is about economics. Economics is all about valuables, drama, and bloodshed
belgear
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 am

sobriquet890 wrote:
Dallane wrote:
sobriquet890 wrote:I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting.

Actually you are 100% incorrect. This game is developed with pvp and drama as 1st priority.

I believe you are incorrect, although arguing with a 5k plus poster would most likely be futile (In regards to the drama anyway) Drama on... err post on.

Believe what you will but you are wrong. Maybe you should ask the devs who have said the exact same thing in the past.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby jcwilk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 am

sobriquet890 wrote:<complaining>

This game is fundamentally built on strife and conflict. That strife and conflict drives a lot of really cool things which are not strife and conflict, like urgency to trade, factions developing out of desperation for safety, interesting paranoia mind games and drama, creative crafting production lines for maximum yield in hopes of getting things locked down and finished ASAP... Salem is so many things but without conflict and strife those things would all be redundant and irrelevant.

So, no, you are not allowed the things you want without strife and conflict.

It's not the chief that's preventing you from such a pursuit, it's because those things wouldn't meaningfully exist without the conflict and strife. Salem would be boring as ***** if your digital life wasn't on the line in case of failure, and -then- no one would pay a dime for ****. This is a hardcore game, run neck and neck with the best or the best will run train on you.

And if you can't do that by yourself (yes, there are people who can do that by themselves) then join a group who can or start one yourself.

In case that didn't all make sense...
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby darnokpl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 am

Dallane wrote:

Actually he is right look at http://www.salemthegame.com/about
"Salem is a fully open sandbox MMO with deep crafting elements"
"Salem lets you live as an explorer in the new world; building your settlement, learning new skills and maybe fight with your neighbours. "

I know my english is terrbile, but since when "maybe" means 1st priority?
Look at videos, in most of them there is no fighting only bashing, so it is more like PvE but instead of mobs we have structures.
And well there is a bit of drama, mostly here ¦]
darnokpl

Postby Cheena » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:25 am

sobriquet890 wrote:
Cheena wrote:
There's no reason to play a pvp game if there is no war at all.

I believe it is a crafting game with pvp not a pvp game with crafting. I agree that the pvp element adds to the game but I would like to see people let people play. If someone is enjoying the game in their own way and not committing crimes then why should that person have to comply with other players "rules"? A single person has no chance against an army , thus removing that option to enjoy the game. It's sad. It's unnecessary. It's a pissing contest.

If factions want war, let them have it. If others want peace, why deny them?

As far as I know, Paradox made it the "crafting MMO". Before that, it was only "Seatribe second sandbox MMO, Salem the Game". "Sandbox" meaning that you can do whatever you want... including hitting the other child on the head with your plastic shovel. And since the devs want us to hit each other, then it attracts a lot of people that want to hit others. That's how it becomes a sandbox axed around PVP more than crafting, even if crafting is essential to properly pvp.
I actually agree with most of what you say. Sadly*, this is not how it works. And explaining it further in english is too complicated for me, so, I wont.

*I'm not that sad because I can enjoy the game from any perspective; plus the people still willing to play the game enjoy it like this too.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:04 pm

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Actually he is right look at http://www.salemthegame.com/about
"Salem is a fully open sandbox MMO with deep crafting elements"
"Salem lets you live as an explorer in the new world; building your settlement, learning new skills and maybe fight with your neighbours. "

I know my english is terrbile, but since when "maybe" means 1st priority?
Look at videos, in most of them there is no fighting only bashing, so it is more like PvE but instead of mobs we have structures.
And well there is a bit of drama, mostly here ¦]

Your attempts to troll are pathetic.

After getting your **** wrecked nonstop you should know better.

Direct your attention to the devs homepage: http://www.seatribe.se/
Be sure and run a few translators to make this hit home.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama. :-)"

Get *****.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Dallane wrote:Your attempts to troll are pathetic.

Get *****.

Yet Salem official page, where their logo is in footer, says something different, so I've signed under statement "crafting mmo"?
I am not trying to troll it is your job here. I am only pointing that official info about Salem and what you said about game purpose contradicted itself.
After new update I hope they will rewrite that description of Salem :)
darnokpl

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:03 pm

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:Your attempts to troll are pathetic.

Get *****.

Yet Salem official page, where their logo is in footer, says something different, so I've signed under statement "crafting mmo"?
I am not trying to troll it is your job here. I am only pointing that official info about Salem and what you said about game purpose contradicted itself.
After new update I hope they will rewrite that description of Salem :)

You are getting your information from a company who no longer backs a game.

Dallane

Postby wiccan85 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:16 pm

About
Salem is a fully open sandbox MMO with deep crafting elements. The game features permadeath as one of its main gimmicks, along with an in-depth character development system without classes and set roles, where the player can chose which kind of game to play. Taking place in the time of the first Pilgrims, Salem lets you live as an explorer in the new world; building your settlement, learning new skills and maybe fight with your neighbours.

The only place in Salem not built by the players is the main city Boston, which is a safe-zone where one can meet other players, trade, converse and enjoy the social aspects of the game. Outside of Boston only wilderness awaits, and the further you come from civilization the darker and more dangerous the world around you becomes. Until you reach the deep lumberwoods and no longer have to fear Pilgrims but instead witches and hidebehinds...

This was taken from the about page on the Salem website.
wiccan85

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:43 pm

wiccan85 wrote:About
Salem is a fully open sandbox MMO with deep crafting elements. The game features permadeath as one of its main gimmicks, along with an in-depth character development system without classes and set roles, where the player can chose which kind of game to play. Taking place in the time of the first Pilgrims, Salem lets you live as an explorer in the new world; building your settlement, learning new skills and maybe fight with your neighbours.

The only place in Salem not built by the players is the main city Boston, which is a safe-zone where one can meet other players, trade, converse and enjoy the social aspects of the game. Outside of Boston only wilderness awaits, and the further you come from civilization the darker and more dangerous the world around you becomes. Until you reach the deep lumberwoods and no longer have to fear Pilgrims but instead witches and hidebehinds...

This was taken from the about page on the Salem website.

Indeed

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses