Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Postby iamah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Seems good people don't organize themselves to live a fair life, a kind of peaceful resistance organization who won't threaten others for lunch money.

Meanwhile greedy tyrants who want to profit with "taxes" have the strongest motivation to organize themselves and make an effort.

To make things worse, there's the common folk who thinks "I better join these bad guys cause they're bad", which only makes them stronger.

Does this happen in all Salem servers?
iamah

Re: Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Postby mentalyll » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Do tyrants always win in salem?

Yes, yes they do.
mentalyll

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:38 pm

iamah wrote:Seems good people don't organize themselves to live a fair life, a kind of peaceful resistance organization who won't threaten others for lunch money.

Meanwhile greedy tyrants who want to profit with "taxes" have the strongest motivation to organize themselves and make an effort.

To make things worse, there's the common folk who thinks "I better join these bad guys cause they're bad", which only makes them stronger.

Hope fully with everyone on the same server the outcome won't be different. There were alot of hidden titans on all servers.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kandarim » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:40 pm

It wasn't all that bad on roanoke, especially not with the CG active. They focussed on the bad apples so the rest of us could live in peace, and there were plenty rotten ones to go around. There have been groups of peaceful players that have managed just fine.

It depends on what you mean by "win" of course
Last edited by Kandarim on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:44 pm

As in life, the answer is "Yes." Without the drive to dominate others, one will never rise up to the top of anything.

There are rare exceptions, but they are just that, and man, are they rare. It's like finding life-sustaining water in the deep desert just before you pass out from dehydration.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:46 pm

iamah wrote:Seems good people don't organize themselves to live a fair life, a kind of peaceful resistance organization who won't threaten others for lunch money.

Maybe not tyrants, but military groups wins, this is not crafting mmo, it is bash, kill and destroy mmo right now.
darnokpl

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Lust for power and personal gain is always stronger and more common than will to maintain peace
Procne

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Procne wrote:Lust for power and personal gain is always stronger and more common than will to maintain peace

Not realy, just in salem we have no mechanic that would allow resolve defences with diplomacy/crafting/silver there is only one way destroy or be destroyed :/

As for larger towns it won't happen just because any citizen can open gates or destroy braziers without single scent, not to mention he can steal high quality seeds, destroy all fields in few minutes or steal any item with value like crafted armor.
Spying should be limited only for getting information, but nothing more, when I was playing people were more afraid of sabotages and spies than raids.
darnokpl

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:17 pm

The good guys will always win. Look at Plymouth as an example. Nobody could or would commit crimes or scents at the end and justice truly prevailed.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Droj » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Racketeering, no?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Next

Return to House of Burgesses