Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:25 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:The good guys will always win. Look at Plymouth as an example. Nobody could or would commit crimes or scents at the end and justice truly prevailed.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

At what cost? How many towns were destroyed? And how many people were playing on plymouth during this "peaceful times"?
darnokpl

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm

darnokpl wrote:At what cost? How many towns were destroyed? And how many people were playing on plymouth during this "peaceful times"?

All towns that were destroyed were criminals. The fact that the "majority" of players wanted to commit crimes is not our problem nor is it a problem with the game mechanics. It was a problem with the crowd. In the last 6 months not a single town of peaceful players was destroyed.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
darnokpl wrote:At what cost? How many towns were destroyed? And how many people were playing on plymouth during this "peaceful times"?

nor is it a problem with the game mechanics
Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

It is game mechanic issue, because raiding is most fun part of the game and every succesful raid makes raiding group stronger while you can't say same thing on crafters/farmers. High level crafter or farmer can't build anything that would let him stop or slow raiders, but high biles raider can kill both of them and destroy all their work, you still can't see game mechanic problems?
darnokpl

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

darnokpl wrote: High level crafter or farmer can't build anything that would let him stop or slow raiders

What the ***** are you talking about? There are braziers. You build them. They stop raiders.

Go play the game and try to raid a base. Things have changed since you last played. Don't talk about the "old" mechanics until you test the new ones for yourself.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Greb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Problem is, when you get power in such a game... it will turn you cruel towards other players :twisted: . You are only peaceful so u dont get attention from stronger players.
Rangering and protection- killed gaming mood for most of CG players early on, if we had been more aggressive, our server would have died quicker, but atleast we would have had more fun out of dieing game.
Raiding and killing everyone = FUN FUN FUN... even what tribe does, asking silver for protection is actually boring.
Well see who used to be peaceful .. and what happens to them after wipe takes place. I am sure some will be totaly different then.
I did kill many innocent before becoming Greb/Skittles/Sugar Daddy, most probably dont even know what i was called then , i actually felt bad for killing them when i thought how many hours of work they lost. But thats what game was made for and it gave me alot of easy gained shop items/silver/Early iron bars! :/
PS. Tyrants only get taken out by other Tyrants..
Greb

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
darnokpl wrote: High level crafter or farmer can't build anything that would let him stop or slow raiders

What the ***** are you talking about? There are braziers. You build them. They stop raiders.

I've seen people screens with insane profs values 200+ does anyone of them can build braziers faster or better than my 30-40 profs and 50 biles farmer?
darnokpl

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 pm

darnokpl wrote:I've seen people screens with insane profs values 200+ does anyone of them can build braziers faster or better than my 30-40 profs and 50 biles farmer?

Yes,

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:55 pm

darnokpl wrote:
jwhitehorn wrote:

I've seen people screens with insane profs values 200+ does anyone of them can build braziers faster or better than my 30-40 profs and 50 biles farmer?

They can build tree wall faster
Procne

Postby iamah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:57 pm

proof braziers stop raiders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5xS5jiRwCc
Last edited by iamah on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamah

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Greb wrote: But thats what game was made for and it gave me alot of easy gained shop items/silver/Early iron bars! :/.

That is my point if game crafting mechanic only purpose is to create murder alt and feed him with farmer alt it is wrong?
darnokpl

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses