Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Do tyrants always win in Salem?

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

iamah wrote:proof braziers stop raiders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5xS5jiRwCc

2 guys being able to destroy so much work is why people won't commit to this game... it's just insanely unbalanced

As always here come the idiots. That video is time-lapsed and an incredible amount of time waiting off crimes is not shown.

I guarantee you I could build that base faster than it took them to destroy it.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:59 pm

darnokpl wrote:
That is my point if game crafting mechanic only purpose is to create murder alt and feed him with farmer alt it is wrong?

Crafting Mechanic is to build whatever is in your imagination. If YOU only use it to murder people then you are a just a filthy criminal. There is nothing wrong with the mechanic itself.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
darnokpl wrote:I've seen people screens with insane profs values 200+ does anyone of them can build braziers faster or better than my 30-40 profs and 50 biles farmer?

Yes,

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Nope. They can't result is brazier with same stats, you need 4 iron bars to get one and you build it same amount of time as I do.

Procne wrote:They can build tree wall faster

True, but tree walls are more bug or unfinished mechanic than final solution.
I think that this new patch will change that and trees without few tiles span won't grow up.
darnokpl

Postby aprevite » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Iamah,
I am not sure I agree with you. Every elected government taxes it people for the good of the people. Singular humans, especially the current generation, are too self-centered, narcissistic, and imbued with a sense of entitlement to actually contribute to society. In this age, few individuals are willing to make sacrifices for the benefit of the many. There has to be a system of taxes. In real life there are laws created for the common good. Isn’t the Treaty a role-played version of a code of law? In fact, other than the “not worshipping Jorb” it appears to be excerpts from the US legal system, sans any tax provisions. There’s one government under god, no felonies, etc.

I would suggest what people hate is a small group of dedicated individuals can achieve what large groups of unfocused, undedicated people cannot. Salem is a form of entertainment. If you don’t enjoy it, you should play something else. At least here when people ruin your “fun” you can go play another game. In real-life there is no escape…
aprevite

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Actually, this is derail, OP was about why tyrant people "win".

And the answer is simple - because they want to win more than other people want to play peacefully. They are willing to invest more time, more effort and make bigger sacrifices.

The only thing mechanics have to do with here is allowing anyone to win.
Procne

Postby naosnule » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:18 pm

I am starting to think that most people here are using the "any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically." definition of tyrant, in which case the police are tyrants in theirs managing of criminals.
naosnule

Postby iamah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:27 pm

aprevite wrote:If you don’t enjoy it, you should play something else.

That's exactly why the servers were reaching single digits population: everyone was playing something else. It doesn't mean we hate all aspects of the game. The game is still changing, and not everyone will enjoy or hate 100% of the game. Enjoy or leave it? That sounds quite fanatic. The game is changing and it could go unknown directions before it becomes 100% enjoyable for everyone.
iamah

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:52 pm

naosnule wrote:I am starting to think that most people here are using the "any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically." definition of tyrant, in which case the police are tyrants in theirs managing of criminals.

In the short run they can be.
In the long run they are just public workers hired to enforce the law created by politicians who are in turn chosen by society. At least in theory.

The word itself originates from ancient Greece and simply meant a person who become a ruler in the city.
Procne

Postby naosnule » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Procne wrote:
naosnule wrote:I am starting to think that most people here are using the "any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically." definition of tyrant, in which case the police are tyrants in theirs managing of criminals.

In the short run they can be.
In the long run they are just public workers hired to enforce the law created by politicians who are in turn chosen by society. At least in theory.

The word itself originates from ancient Greece and simply meant a person who become a ruler in the city.

In the long run they are tyrants as well, since they use their position of authority to oppress criminals, that's their job though. I.e. being a tyrant vs criminals is part of their job description.
naosnule

Postby darnokpl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Procne wrote:Actually, this is derail, OP was about why tyrant people "win".

You are right, I created thread where we can talk about things I like most... new ideas viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8498 :)
darnokpl

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses