Notice of intent for upcoming world

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Notice of intent for upcoming world

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am

good day fellow salemites, as we witness the end of days on all three servers and look to a brighter tomorrow we must learn from history lest we repeat it, we must grow and improve from our mistakes lest we fall victim to them again. most importantly we must guard the legacy of the future from the sins of the past.

i am speaking of course about the one known as claeyt.

claeyt is a pox upon salem and the world in general. he has single handedly gotten more newbies killed than any other person in the game, has spread lies, gossip and fear among the populace of all three colonies, stolen from his friends and annoyed all. left unchecked he eventually drove off the entire playerbase resulting in the death of our worlds and a gnawing sickness that has tormented these forums for over a year.

he is a plague to us all, the only way to guard against a plague is to eradicate it and all traces of the infection.

as i spent a moment of silence to think about old friends lost and new enemies to be made i wondered aloud, is this it? is there not a higher calling i may ascend to?

seeing my dismay the violinist decided to play a tune to lift my spirits, as luck would have it he played the dirge of the snake king written by the bard cheena. a lost soul long since consumed by the claegue, before she lost her freedom of speech she sang the legendary tale of the snake king to all whom would listen.

Cheena wrote:
Sir the Snake and the Noobs

Once upon a time, there was a Snake King. He was all alone all day long and didn't trust anyone, biting the people who would cross his path. But one day, he felt really alone and decided that he wouldn't bite anymore, at least not for a while, and so he decided to build a peacefull, great and friendly realm.
The realm was beautiful and attractive, and soon people asked him shyly if they could come to the wonderfull place and live there.
The Snake King was happy to see the success of his Realm. People were friendly to each other, and the life was going nice, peacefull and slowly in the little kingdom.
But one day...
One day, the Snake King realised that people wasn't that nice to each other. They were stealing things from the Kingdom, from each other. They were raiding the near other kingdoms without being carefull, and they didn't take care of their houses. And above all, above all... he was still all alone. No one was caring about him, nobody thought of thanking him, and all he had in return of his work was the moanings of his inhabitants. Only a really few princesses were trying to keep the Realm beautiful and nice to live on.

So the sad Snake King became furious, turned against his people, and bit them all. Almost everyone died. Princesses, thiefs, honest mans... Only a few managed to escape, and some who escaped even were the cause of the disaster.

The Snake King has never promised people that he would be a man of justice, only that he would be a Snake King.

it was then that i looked across the city square and saw perched on high a sign, indeed fate had chosen my calling for me.

TO THAT END, in the new world i shall be taking up the banner of "the surgeon general" of salem and putting together a small team of elite medical staff to assist me in my task of aggressively pursuing all traces of the claegue, seeking a cure for this horrible disease and ensuring the overall health and vitality of the salem populace.

SYMPTOMS of the claegue include but are certainly not limited to the following:

blight of the land itself.

odd facial growths.

jaundiced pale skin, particularly around the face.

excessive mucus discharge along with severe retina damage.

Image Image

delirium, often resulting in the speaking of nonsensical tongues.

any settlers exhibiting these symptoms in the new world will be subject to examination of person or property and medical treatment as deemed appropriate. at some point a hospital will be constructed on the outskirts of the capital where infected patients can be quarantined for a period of time to receive treatment until they have been cured.

it is essential to understand how you can avoid contracting the claegue, common causes of infection include.

1> kinning claeyt or any friends of claeyt, the claegue is an airborne pathogen and as such unprotected contact with patient zero no matter how brief has a high rate of infection.

2> trading with claeyt. trading with claeyt is a terrible mistake, accepting items from him does not simply infect you but makes you a highly contagious vector of the disease. there is no cure for the infection at this advanced stage.

3> traveling in infected regions without a doctors mask, i have already received reports that approximately 75% of the new world is showing early signs of the claegue already. a doctors mask is cheap, do not be without protection.

4> being in a zerg, towns of more than 5 people are common hubs of infection due to increased population density. if your town is within an infected region this is very dangerous. these locations are at a heightened risk and as soon as a cure for the claegue is developed should contact their closest medical professional for immunization or else risk infection.

i look forward to eradicating the claegue thus ensuring the longevity of the new colony.
Darwoth

Re: Notice of intent for upcoming world

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:32 am

Be careful Darwoth,
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you
Procne

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:35 am

i fear not procne, for ridding the realm of the claegue and staving off a second cataclysm is my sole concern.
Darwoth

Postby Binks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:37 am

Claegue is the worst thing to happen to Salem. I will help in anyway I can to fight this.
Binks

Postby Brona » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

Loftar's speed Surgeon General!

An excerpt from The Pilgrim's Bible 2nd Age Edition:

Behold, I will bring to Salem health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.

You are truly doing Loftar's work.
Brona

Postby Claeyt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

Why do I have the feeling that all of this Claeyt Haete will end up dissolving into nothing because I don't leave scents. All of you guys are going to end up attacking each other anyways at some point like always. Eventually the Tribe will find Darwoth and all hell will break loose. :lol:

...and does anybody really believe that Chief and Binks won't be looking for Colesie, Mushi and Dallane?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Darwoth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 am

Claeyt wrote:Image

secure your cyst laden tongue plaguebearer, the new lands shall be lush and in good health with the farthest reaches free from the trappings of claegue even if it means sending you and thousands of your victims to the underworld of jorb in the process.
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:52 am

Dear god, now Darwoth is going to RP the next world. I think Jorb broke his mind.
Last edited by Claeyt on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Binks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

Claeyt wrote:Image

It's just RP. LARP means live action role play. Meaning it's something you do in person.
Binks

Postby Tamasin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

I am merely a student with a knife and a shovel and not an elite medical staff, but I promise I will continue my efforts to aid the cause of ridding Salem of the menace that is Claeyt in the new world.
Tamasin
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses