Salem - The Second Age

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Salem - The Second Age

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Greetings Filthy Squatters of Salem,

At this very moment a great cloud is forming. A remarkable sign as The Great Spirit was too lazy to form a skybox for such a cloud to even exist. An omen of the times to come, a whisper that it is time for the prophesies to be fulfilled. For it is the end of the world.

But such an event is not without a silver lining. For the words of the Greater Spirit have always been with me, and thus, the words that I spoke to you and the truths some failed to realize are now upon us. Let us take a moment to study a few of these prophesies and understand them to their full effect.

ChiefPeePooKaka wrote: The Tribe will still be here long after all squatters have quit and are gone

For months this was understood metaphorically. That the Tribe would still be playing the Salem you knew and loved long after a squatter had quit. However, in the context of our new revelations we now see that this was the foreshadowing of the eventuality that ALL Squatters will be purged. However, it is the glimmer of hope and truth that even in the Second Age to come The Tribe will still be there. Watching over you, protecting you, and standing for the Justice you have come to expect.

ChiefPeePooKaKa wrote: Jamestown is a test server and will be shut down

Mocked for months, and dismissed by heathens, truer words were never spoken. For Jamestown was indeed a test server, and it will indeed be shut down. Only now can those who argued this statement see the blasphemy of their denial for in the rebirth ahead there shall be no Jamestown.

While the teachings of 4,000+ posts could be studied for ages, our time is short, and I can feel you have questions just as I'm sure you can feel I have answers. So let us begin with what you must take with you after the giant hole swallows us all.

What is the Tribe?
The Tribe is the most powerful organization on Salem. They have been the formal government and system of Justice since December 2012. They are what keep balance in nature, and ensure that the entire world itself does not fall into chaos.

Will the Tribe be there in the Second Age?
Yes, The Tribe will be here in both the Second Age, and the multiple Ages to come. Long after you have quit the Tribe will still be here.

Will there be a Treaty?
Yes, the Treaty will be in effect. The document is below:

Does the Treaty cost money/silver?
No, The Treaty of this age will not cost any Money or Silver.

How do I join the Treaty?
It will require that you contact The Paymaster by clicking this link:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1468
There will be several small steps to ensure you understand what you may and may not do as a Treaty member and will detail ways to identify yourself as such so there will be no accidents.

Can I settle anywhere?
No, You may not settle in an area known as "Tribal Lands". You may not settle in an area known as "The Tribal Burial Grounds". In the Second Age the bodies of the Chief, Paymaster, Khaz, (From the First Age) and other braves were all buried in sacred lands. Unfortunately, Khaz spilled his alcohol all over our documents of this location and as such we do not know "EXACTLY" where the bodies are buried. However, shortly after the server starts and the Matrix is re-established we will publish a general map of the locations not to settle in. Keep in mind that Tribal Lands & Burial Grounds will be less than 25% of the map. This means over 75% of the map will still be available to you.

Who will build Tribal Lands?
Tribal Lands has been under the care of Archetect Brego ("Biddas") for some time now. In the new world he will be offered to continue his work. In the words of the Brego:
"You Tribe Now
Good building done
Much like Tribe has"

What is a Tribal Horde?
The Tribal Horde shall be known as the loose coalition of factions who obey the general rules of the Tribe, and have chosen to affiliate closer to our way of life. As such, towns who wish to be members of the Tribal Horde may apply now. Once towns are accepted the rules of affiliating with them will be made public and linked in this post. Several towns have been identified for their previous works and accomplishments and will be receiving PM's shortly with details of this elite qualification. In order to qualify you MUST be a small GROUP of players (Exception: Darwoth who qualifies as a sole person). Members of the Tribal Horde will not be subject to standard rules of the Treaty, However, will not be allowed to do harm to Treaty Members.

Can I join the Tribal Horde?
If you have not received a PM you may apply. Please send me a PM here to do so:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1470

Can I get a new Treaty-Member Map?
Yes, new Treaty-Member maps will be given out within the first month of server creation. All Treaty members will be given instructions on how they can assist with the mapping process and are encouraged to assist.

HELP WANTED: Setting up the Tribal Mapping Matrix requires hundreds of alts and quite a bit of effort to initialize. We are looking for a few players who are interested in doing so, and as such, will be given a higher res copy of the map once we initialize the Matrix. Please send a PM if this is something you are interested in.

What if I want the constant fear of death? This is a permadeath game ya'know
Then don't sign the Treaty and you will get what you seek.

What if I want to make lots of like-minded friends?
The Tribe will be opening up, paying for, and expanding our ventrilo servers so that all good citizens of the new world may communicate with one another and form new bonds. We will also be hosting a chat-room as well.

. Remember. All that you have made, all that you can make, and all material things in this world and other worlds can and will be taken from you by those less respectful and less enlightened. However, they can never take your knowledge and never break your spirit. May the wisdom showered upon you all not sting when it enters your eye and may your future be bright

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Last edited by jwhitehorn on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Re: Salem - The Second Age

Postby Brona » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:29 pm

First
Brona

Postby alprice » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 pm

I am in.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:42 pm

alprice wrote:I am in.

Glad to have you :).

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Judaism » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:47 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
Who will build Tribal Lands?
Tribal Lands has been under the care of Archetect Brego ("Biddas") for some time now. In the new world he will be offered to continue his work.

Welcome to the Tribal Lands:

JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:48 pm

The great spirit clouded my mind; but with this wipe I see truly. Jwhitehorn you are not to be trusted.

Tribe is known and proven to exploit folks wherever it can... search for mousetrap among forums.

They do not know honor or heritage... they are vagabonds of the moment.

New server also means new names... and we are all screwed when we can't link old phantasms with new ghosts...

Stick with who you know... and if you know nobody.. better to go it alone than be linked with Tribe- known for it's deceit and ambivalence to others. (See mouse trap- essentially giving permission to cross claimed lands then revoking inside such...can't leave without leaving scents with give Tribe cause to kill tespassors... a major bug that's unlikely to get fixed. DON'T TRUST TRIBE PERIOD. ... and you won't suffer this.)
DeepSixed

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:50 pm

DeepSixed wrote:The great spirit clouded my mind; but with this wipe I see truly. Jwhitehorn you are not to be trusted.

Tribe is known and proven to exploit folks wherever it can... search for mousetrap among forums.

They do not know honor or heritage... they are vagabonds of the moment.

New server also means new names... and we are all screwed when we can't link old phantasms with new ghosts...

Stick with who you know... and if you know nobody.. better to go it alone than be linked with Tribe- known for it's deceit and ambivalence to others. (See mouse trap- essentially giving permission to cross claimed lands then revoking inside such...can't leave without leaving scents with give Tribe cause to kill tespassors... a major bug that's unlikely to get fixed. DON'T TRUST TRIBE PERIOD. ... and you won't suffer this.)

I'm going to enjoy "mouse-trapping" you again.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Glennfinnan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:53 pm

What's "Vandilsim"...
Glennfinnan

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:53 pm

Good luck - I'm going to enjoy doing the same to you or better... killing you on open, neutral ground. There will be no legacy material to hide behind for either of us... none that I purchased... none that you owned outright...

and when you are dead... when I am wearing your gear and you are a corpse... I expect... nothing at all; you will be absent from the game...forever... you will run away with your tail between your legs for all time.

Prove me wrong?! Stick around... and we'll see. Bail...and all will know the truth.
DeepSixed

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:55 pm

DeepSixed wrote:Good luck - I'm going to enjoy doing the same to you or better... killing you on open, neutral ground. There will be no legacy material to hide behind for either of us... none that I purchased... none that you owned outright...

and when you are dead... when I am wearing your gear and you are a corpse... I expect... nothing at all; you will be absent from the game...forever... you will run away with your tail between your legs for all time.

Prove me wrong?! Stick around... and we'll see. Bail...and all will know the truth.

Man I was totally going to quit. But now that you said this I have no choice but to see if I can beat you.

Glennfinnan wrote:What's "Vandilsim"...

Go check your stall.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Next

Return to House of Burgesses