Someone kill these raiders please... (Jamestown)

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Someone kill these raiders please... (Jamestown)

Postby Thor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 pm

There are scentless towns, then there are hostile towns.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Zytx pretends like what you are witnessing is a way of life and unavoidable. When in reality the Tribe has shown that there is an entire server that can live crime-free. Raiding may be a part of the game but it should ONLY be focus'd on the criminals of the server. If your players wanted to "blow off steam" why not have some code of ethics on who they can hit? Other criminals for example. Instead you allow your citizens to run around and commit chaos and crimes against the noobs of your server which is something FAR below any action the Tribe would ever do. These players were given zero opportunity to sign a treaty, make a forum post, or any other form of consideration for their lives and bases. Instead, your raiders had determined the fate of the players and their base before the interaction even started. This is the lowest form of person and the weakest kind of raider. Thank you for highlighting what a ***** Jamestown really is.

Pure Plymouth 2014.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Ikpeip » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Good afternoon,

Violence without purpose is barbarism. The criminals of Utopia have dealt their town a great blow with this mindless bullying. Ztyx has only piled onto this by trying to justify these actions.

It is most unfortunate Jamestown has no peacekeepers to protect its civilians.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby DarkSeed » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:Thank you for highlighting what a ***** Jamestown really is.

Agreed. For the first time.
DarkSeed

Postby oubliette » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 pm

DarkSeed wrote:
jwhitehorn wrote:Thank you for highlighting what a ***** Jamestown really is.

Agreed. For the first time.

I'm going to show some allegory here, the likes of which will surprise nobody, but... Ztyxdk, you have become an apologist for Darkseed and his nonsense and have firmly encamped with him, defending his actions.

If I can put this situation in a real world context, here's what you might have said: "Yeah, it's a real pity that woman was raped, but, some people, y'know, they just get bored and get an itch they need to scratch, so, they have to blow off steam. Men have their needs right? Oh yeah, she was killed? It's a dangerous world. People die all the time and that's going to happen. I'm just trying to have fun and run a city, I can't help it if they live here but I'm also not going to tell them not to rape and murder. By all means, come by the city for trade and fun, we need those tourism dollars."

Okay, I hear the cries now, 'This is the frontier, with no laws'. Bullcrap, (or should I say ponycrap?) Even in a wild land, there is a natural law that *****'s who did this would be tracked down and hung from the neck until dead. Humans don't tolerate this sort of behavior for long because a wild dog might bite one lone settlement but, it never stops there. One crime begets another crime and the WORST criminals are the ones that do it for a thrill, and as ztyxdk pointed out, they DID. You want to know who attacks and kills another for a thrill? Here's a list.

1) Rapists - They do so love to feel the helplessness of their victims. It's a sport for them and they never attack the strong.
2) Serial Killers - Again, they get off on the power they believe they have in ending the life of someone weaker than them.
3) Child Molesters - Again, they focus on the weak. It's no offhanded comment I made intimating that the raider might have had some past experience with molestation. Friendship is magic, indeed...
4) Sociopaths - They lack a concept of right and wrong. Internet sociopath, disguised as "this is a game, deal with it" has become a rather interesting epidemic in the last decade I have noticed but I still find it no less dull and tiresome, despite it's banal nature. It's certainly a creche for real life sociopatht but I find internet sociopaths to shrivel up and cry in the real world when faced with strong opposition.

I will say this. Salem, has always struck me as an amazing social experiment. It's the reason I played it in the first place, that and it allowed me to dabble when I had free time. The systems for being able to use town bells to take over someone's settlement seems very very broken but, then, what games don't have any flaws? This situation is fascinating to me and I'm rally enjoying it play out. It is a microcosm, matching the expansionist period in America in many respects, including the reactions some have had.

In the end, I suspect, "goodly folk" can not abide a town that makes safe harbor for robbers and marauders and the raider who attacked and killed my friend and my character, robbing us, will die. Others may at that and I have more free time now to work on other things, for now. It may have actually galvanized many of Jametown's citizens together and if I do play again, I'll likely do so with such people, who realize that we stand or fall together and under some common vision of clear right and wrong.

Cause and effect; It is a real thing and it's beautiful.
oubliette

Postby jcwilk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 pm

oubliette wrote:Yeah, it's a real pity that woman was raped, but, some people, y'know, they just get bored and get an itch they need to scratch, so, they have to blow off steam.

JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby cannibalkirby » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 pm

well this could be fun, send me a pm and maybe I'll lend a hand

-Greed
Ikpeip wrote:How can I be derailing my own thread?
cannibalkirby

Postby oubliette » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 pm

cannibalkirby wrote:well this could be fun, send me a pm and maybe I'll lend a hand

-Greed

Sure will and it is fun. Gallows humor; Best kind.

jcwilk wrote:
oubliette wrote:Yeah, it's a real pity that woman was raped, but, some people, y'know, they just get bored and get an itch they need to scratch, so, they have to blow off steam.

Just making parallels. Where did you get a trident?
oubliette

Postby DarkSeed » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:31 pm

oubliette wrote:Ztyxdk, you have become an apologist for Darkseed and his nonsense and have firmly encamped with him, defending his actions.

I already told ya, that i got nothing with those ***** who killed ya. ZtyX confirmed, that it was his "security" chief, named Methuselah (Methuzelah23 on forum), and two other suckers. But you're hopeless.

Some retards killed other retards. Nothing's really happened.
Last edited by DarkSeed on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSeed

Postby oubliette » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:32 pm

DarkSeed wrote:
oubliette wrote:Ztyxdk, you have become an apologist for Darkseed and his nonsense and have firmly encamped with him, defending his actions.

I already told ya, that i got nothing with those ***** who killed ya. ZtyX confirmed, that it was his "security" chief, named Methuzelah (Methuselah23 on forum), and two other suckers. But you're hopeless.

Some retards killed other retards. Nothing's really happened.

You say it in such a believable way... but, nah...
oubliette

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses