Christmass on Jamestown

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Christmass on Jamestown

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Amour_Vulpes wrote:Winter celebration, derived from close to all cultures of European origin, tend to have differing dates.

I understand and respect that other cultures choose different dates. I'm just trying to help them to understand and respect that they chose the wrong one.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Amour_Vulpes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:-Scissors.-

None the less we've no right to judge harmless cultures.
Amour_Vulpes

Postby Thor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:15 pm

joshnpk wrote:I agree with darwoth's suggestion of new years eve, seems like the more universally celebrated event.

+ everyone will be hammered and it multiplies the fun.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Amour_Vulpes wrote:None the less we've no right to judge harmless cultures.

And we have a right to judge Harmful cultures? The Right to Judge does not seem isolated to "intent" of another culture. Passing Judgement is something we either can or cannot do. In this case, I retain my authority as keeper of Right and Wrong and the aspect of Justice to declare their days.... Wrong.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Amour_Vulpes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Harmful cultures tend to bleed out their ill natures due to globalism. We've seen that on a massive scale especially during the 20th century. It is simply a day of celebration so no harm is exactly done; nor does it give us merit to say we are more righteous in our standings of if their time-line is correct. Besides. A single person passing judgement is really nothing. It wouldn't make any difference if you or I said they were wrong.
Amour_Vulpes

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Amour_Vulpes wrote:. It wouldn't make any difference if you or I said they were wrong.

As long as we both agree that they are then I'm satisfied.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Claeyt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:09 am

So you're both supporting globalism as a tool to "bleed out" harmful cultures the day after Xmas?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Amour_Vulpes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:19 am

Tis true. Onward to more globalism for a better future.

Claeyt wrote:-Scissors.-

There is nothing wrong with globalism. Without it you probably would not have fresh apples, bananas, fresh milk and cereal for breakfast on a daily basis for a cheap price close to under $2.50 U.S. dollar. Or would you prefer those exporting bananas up their below U.S. dollar price per banana above a dollar? Its not like we instilled genocidal regimens to stop that in the past and continue to do so today.

I honestly could care less who is used as a stepping stone. Don't like living under dictatorships, corrupt politicians, and so on and so foth? Then get out of the country.
Amour_Vulpes

Postby Syndarn » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:34 am

Well globalisation does take away the jobs from your fellow american. Thus increasing unemployment. That means less tax income for your goverment. Only one that truly benefits would be the big companies who make alot of revenue. You will probably get your bananas cheaper or whatever product it is as long as you have a job. But if your fellow american does not have a job, he might be hard pressed to even buy the cheap banana in the first place.
Darkness is unknowing, Light is knowing. Shed light to the Darkness to transform it into knowing. Thus it becomes Light.
Darkness is the absence of thought.
Syndarn

Postby Jaques » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:26 am

"Harmfull culture" lol , History ,Today or Tomorrow is always written by the winners ı gues , if you are content with your life also have a banana then we don't need to question anything right ¦]
"Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ." Voltaire
Jaques

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses