Salem - the game

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Salem - the game

Postby babychief » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Salem, ahhhh.... the land of madness we call Salem.

I just spent the last hour with a very good morning coffee reading these forums, and some very entertaining reading to be sure.
From those complaining the the playing field should be evened out, to the control of servers, to the game going nowhere, to
the endless noob killings of spite... oh the insanity of it all. One thing i'm certain of, is I don't think that the state of the game
at this moment is what Jorb and Loftar envisioned.

The game has one fatal flaw, that is attracting and keeping new players. This obstacle was able to be overcome at first, but
a year later... No ... I'm not bashing perma-death, after all its what gives the game its flair, but what the game lacks is
keeping new players.

In reality the concept of this game is genius. I can see this game being huge in the mmo world... so .. Closing all servers, a game
rework (some new content, maybe some graphic enhancements and game play modifications to make things more mmo main
stream) then a re-release with proper backing and advertisement and this game could flourish. Lets face it, looking at the server
polulation numbers, after costs, this game wouldn't feed my dogs. I say merge the servers by the first quater of 2014 and close
the game by summer of 2014. Then the proper time can be taken to make this game what it was meant to be. It is long past hope
that some of the veteran players try to steer the game to saftey.

I will do my best to help others contribute to these goals by attempting to reduce all server population numbers by half in the coming
months. And a message to any thinking of joining the game or those not playing much, JUST GO AWAY!

good day all
babychief

Re: Salem - the game

Postby Amour_Vulpes » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Isolationism solves nothing. This game is in an open-beta, which you would have known if you actually did thoroughly read the forums. Though for a reference please see Haven and Hearth; as it defies everything you just said. Don't expect your ideas to be taken seriously.
Amour_Vulpes

Postby Shill » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:08 pm

babychief wrote:-Pizza Cutter-

Pras! The Shill supports this. It is time for the obvious dead carcass called Salem to be put to rest. TCP unlocked! The hex values cannot hold!

With Regards,

Shill the Thief
Shill

Postby Brego » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:19 pm

This game has balance and i think some of your words not good.i can't undarstand why you posted this?If you have a wish to continue playing it is very good!But a lot of new players hard to begin new game.This game not so easy like another MMORPG's.I can't undarstand why so much people stop playing ,i can't find any reason .
Game is balanced and have own world .I think you need more work here and more harder using new design or something like that! .I never met other crafting MMORPG that looks like Salem.Salem - it is the most impressive world .I like it.Salem has A BIG FUTURE.Choose your way here! :P :P :P
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby alprice » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:39 pm

I talked with a returning player today that stated he left haven because all the older groups go around killing the new ones. That said, why would anyone want to go there. There are several towns here on different servers that would love to help new players. I agree with Brego! Play Salem!!
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm sure jorb will get a kick out of this when he sees it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jwhitehorn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:32 pm

I like his username.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Return to House of Burgesses