Why I Quit Salem.

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Why I Quit Salem.

Postby Tylan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:06 am

If there was ever dishonor in this game, it's to whine and ***** about an otherwise fair death. The way you played and died by the hands of another is the game operating as designed. It's a sandbox game with open PVP. Factions pop up, rules are developed, characters grow powerful. And here you are, playing on the oldest server in game with the most established government - yet you are somehow surprised and upset that your attempt to buck the system ended in your inevitable death.

Bilgepump wrote:Keep reachin Claeyt. You'll grab hold of something soon.

I think Realak's on the track.
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby colesie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 am

Amour_Vulpes wrote:
colesie wrote:-Scissors.-

The amount of content in H&H currently easily surpasses Salem in all aspects. However constant lag makes any game not only a pain int he ass to play, but also a waste of time.

Salem might lack content, but at least you can play it with a lack of lag and fewer glitches. Still have that tanning tub glitch?

Haven currently has no lag. The lag was fixed months before w7 was started
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 am

colesie wrote:Haven currently has no lag. The lag was fixed months before w7 was started

i killed people for a week or so this past relaunch, the lag was still there even during off peak times. it just was not as bad, in fact if it were not for me LAGGING underneath of my boat, getting stuck under said boat and drowning then i probably would of wasted a good month over there killing people and encouraging them to play salem.

also the game itself is inherently laggy/choppy by default, so even when the rubberbanding from server lag is not present the game itself still runs like **** and makes you feel like your swimming through mud.
Darwoth

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 pm

colesie wrote:
Amour_Vulpes wrote:
colesie wrote:-Scissors.-

The amount of content in H&H currently easily surpasses Salem in all aspects. However constant lag makes any game not only a pain int he ass to play, but also a waste of time.

Salem might lack content, but at least you can play it with a lack of lag and fewer glitches. Still have that tanning tub glitch?

Haven currently has no lag. The lag was fixed months before w7 was started

Haven's lag is bad, way worst than anything in Salem, but its definitely playable. There are many reasons not to play Haven but lag is way down on the list, it still has the problem that many of its 'mechanics' are just bugs or exploits that everyone accepts will never be fixed, the bugs that are game breaking enough to get fixed still take months to fix, a problem with areas being nuked because of corrupt data, a significantly ***** interface(even with the custom client), even less attention from the devs than Salem, and a grind that is even more boring than Salem's. Haven has lots of good points and much more content but its still a barely functioning prototype of a game.
DarkNacht

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Darwoth wrote:
colesie wrote:Haven currently has no lag. The lag was fixed months before w7 was started

i killed people for a week or so this past relaunch, the lag was still there even during off peak times. it just was not as bad, in fact if it were not for me LAGGING underneath of my boat, getting stuck under said boat and drowning then i probably would of wasted a good month over there killing people and encouraging them to play salem.

Look Claeyt! A murderer attempting to atone for his crimes!
RonPaulFTW

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:44 pm

what are you talking about?
Darwoth

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Darwoth wrote:what are you talking about?

You are working to bring players to Salem.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 pm

well i was convincing them with killing blows not diplomacy or friendly chatter :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Darwoth wrote:well i was convincing them with killing blows not diplomacy or friendly chatter :lol:

Darwoth thinks I'm diplomatic and friendly. :oops: :D :oops: :D :oops: :D :oops:

Tylan wrote:If there was ever dishonor in this game, it's to whine and ***** about an otherwise fair death.

There are very few "fair" deaths in this game. Most deaths are either player mistakes or misunderstanding about mechanics. Many other deaths such as this one are about a top player killing a casual player for no reason. There are 0 repercussions or risks for the top player. He's protected by an impregnable fortress where the other player can't reach him. In fact the other player could probably hit him and stab him all day without the top player even KO'ing. That's a broken game mechanic of Salem and why the OP player won't be buying anything from Seatribe.

Saying that, it looks like this OP didn't follow my guide of protecting his top character and investing time in making alts to mine outside of his protected area.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses