Thief Lair Location

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Thief Lair Location

Postby Etherdrifter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:44 am

Crime Spree Criminal Wanted :

Always nice to log in and find your place robbed. Happened to a few of us in the area.

Originally the guy had a place in the darkness, now though he seems to be near the seaside.

So here are the two maps refs, feel free to rob the guy blind.

He's around [2 or 4,100] for his beach home (around there, maybe a bit north, maybe a bit south)

His darkness home (odds are for epic treasure) is around [-176,132]. This one is a little inaccurate but it's the best I could do from only 2 triangulation locations. I am certain the treasure makes up for the extra exploration work.

I'm not going to sit around screaming for his death (where is the justice in that), but if someone robs him blind I feel justice will be served. If they have to beat him to within an inch of his lift and leave him lying naked in a pool of his own blood in the woods so much the better.
..........Image
So very many skeletons...
.....Necromancers Guild
Etherdrifter

Re: Thief Lair Location

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

The actual scents and evidence of the crimes are far more important than simple house locations. For all we know you could be just aiming the "rangers" at people you dislike without any form of proof.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:04 pm

The only justice worth serving is death. You will be hard pressed to find anybody to assist you unless you give them evidence or show them where the scents are located.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Etherdrifter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 pm

I can happily provide evidence of both larceny and waste to any ranger willing to take this on. Not sure if others can use them though and, after such events, I am loath to invite people into my home.

One location was too far into the darkness for me to follow, the other is about 1-2 hours walk real time.

Still, the locations are there and, justice willing, someone will take advantage of it.
..........Image
So very many skeletons...
.....Necromancers Guild
Etherdrifter

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Etherdrifter wrote:I can happily provide evidence of both larceny and waste to any ranger willing to take this on. Not sure if others can use them though and, after such events, I am loath to invite people into my home.

One location was too far into the darkness for me to follow, the other is about 1-2 hours walk real time.

Still, the locations are there and, justice willing, someone will take advantage of it.

Evidence is usable by anyone. Guiding them to the location and giving them the evidence will allow them to summon and kill the perp if that's what they want to do.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Thief Lair Location

Postby Uronoro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Some additional information.

I was also robbed by the thief/thieves mentioned in this thread since my claim was very close to the OP's claim (we are apart of a group on salem). The thief really didn't hit me hard since I had relocated to a different place and had asked the people in my group to clean out the place of anything useful, but a lot of scents were left. Enough for me to get a triangulation of my own and start ranging.

First Triangulation.

Lucky for them the scent ran out 2/3rd of the way, but I followed the triangulation to the spot it was indicating (around -32,-96). Found 3 claims, not in the darkness, two that were heavily developed and fortified, and a third that was sitting exactly on the triangulation spot.

Nearby Area

Claim 1
Claim 2

The third one looked fresh, recently dug and unfortified. This fits with our theory that the thief recently moved to lay low:

Claim 3 (sits directly on the triangulation point)

Just as a notice, there's no evidence that the 3rd claim (the one we suspect to be thief's) is connected to the first two, but it is plausible, or plausible that the thief is an alt to someone who stays on the other two fortified claims.

I'd be willing to give up some of the scents that were left at my place, if the OP is willing to assist me since its actually a long walk from the place I am at and my first claim that was robbed. I believe they might be waste scents instead of larceny since i used the larceny ones to locate this place.

But there may be other ways of seeing to the matter if theft or murder is not the decision we reach. If the person or people responsible of robbing us is reading this thread, know that we have your scents, I've found your current hidy hole, and one of us has you specifically memorized since you decided to come back to our claims for several enterprising "visits". You were actually seen coming back on the map due to previous memorization when our scents pointed you out when you visited Boston one day. You are marked.
Uronoro

Postby Uronoro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm

PS: no, you can not use that homestead secret to find me, its no longer viable
Uronoro

Postby staxjax » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:29 pm

lol, I would hardly consider that 'heavily fortified'.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Uronoro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 pm

staxjax wrote:lol, I would hardly consider that 'heavily fortified'.

I suppose I still live in nublet land... Just assuming taking down a wall with braziers around isn't a walk it a park, but I suppose it is for some people.
Uronoro

Return to House of Burgesses