The end of the trail for TT

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

The end of the trail for TT

Postby Claeyt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am

Today I closed the town of 'Timbertrails' also known as "The 'Land of the Swamp Folk'.

Timber Trails.jpg
Timber Trails.jpg (222.64 KiB) Viewed 5693 times

'Timbertrails' which this summer became 'The Land of the Swamp Folk' was to my knowledge the longest continuously inhabited active town on Roanoke. I believe the bell was dropped soon after the server opened with large scale recruitment happening in early January and again this summer. The town survived a Russian CoD attack, the Chief camping it and killing noobs with his alt, and several major raids by the Vikings and other raiders last winter. The end came because of the death of Martinuzz, who's alt was the acting mayor. Unfortunately he didn't give up the mayoralship of the town when he left the game. Kiia also had the ability to give citizenship but he quit the day after Martinuzz did. This left the last of us active players Windwalker, myself and Patience with no way to let new players into the town and no way to even key up new players. To her everlasting credit, Windwalker kept the town going for almost 3 months with these extreme limitations. She fought through losing her main to the Chief's alt on Roanoke. Binks's gave her help both monetarily and with inspirationals to get her back up where she had been, but without the ability for her to become mayor or give citizenship the town slowly stalled and fell. She and I had hoped Martinuzz would come back someday but this month we finally gave up the ghost. She's moved on to other games and I have my own towns to pay for, so Timbertrails has reached it's end.

At the end we had 32 members on the Town citizen list with only me, Kyro, Peygus, William, V and Ronin still active at various other towns with our other characters. Here's an incomplete list of citizens of this town at the end.

I'd like to thank these people for keeping the town alive at some point along the trail.

Martinuzz (Merry Maid Marion)
Toorimakun (Kiia)
Windwalker (TSK)
Pathfinder of the Swamp Folk (myself)
Climber (Lupin, Keimal and Little John)
Dragon Syth
Max (MaxPower007)
Bait
Patience
Kyrolite (Kyro)
Peygus
Ronin
Jakesmall
Reborne
Lime Walker
BattleXNation
COOmander COOkie
Carl
Aluce
Dennis Richards
Kaching
Krone
Oinky
Scrawl Scribble
Shinto
Snake Bait
V
William
Rinvor
and to all the other older members I never got to kin but who's lean to's are still standing there :D

Leaving Timbertrails.jpg
Leaving Timbertrails.jpg (177.25 KiB) Viewed 5693 times

Someday I'll probably make a little detour and visit the ruins of this town on my way to somewhere else, like I've run by the ruins of so many other great towns. I'll get a little nostalgic, remember the good times we had there and then move on. This is the saddest part of Salem in my opinion. All that work and all those great plans of so many people slowly crumbling back into the Swamp.

...but that's another day.

Leaving Timbertrails 2.jpg
Leaving Timbertrails 2.jpg (86.05 KiB) Viewed 5693 times

If anybody would like a map to the town's location so as to claim it along with a full set of your own master keys, PM me here.
Last edited by Claeyt on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 12 times in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Re: The end of the trail for TT

Postby alloin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:35 am

RIP, just like everything & everyone else is dying in salem ! :cry:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby L33LEE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:38 am

Sad times indeed.

Not much longer until nothing is left.

RIP TT.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Darwoth » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:07 pm

so your town died because you were to ***** stupid to let the bell drop and place another one?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Darwoth wrote:so your town died because you were to ***** stupid to let the bell drop and place another one?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could have easily built another one but Windwalker and I kept hoping Martinuzz would come back and declaim the bell.

I mostly left the town after Chief killed Windwalker and tried to kill Ronin to protect all the noobs I'd just recruited. Chief did it even though Martinuzz was still alive and in full control there. Because of the death of Windwalker, Kyro, BattleX, Peygus and William moved out because they thought the town was going to be targeted, even though Martinuzz and I said nobody would waste claim it. I was only ever really the recruiter and acting trainer when I started a new character out there. After Dreth wanted me dead and the Chief's trolling of me by killing all the noobs he could on the server, I decided to just be the contact recruiter for the town and the official question answerer for anybody there but to not actually play there anymore so that Martinuzz and I could say I had nothing to do with the town. Martinuzz changed it so that only he and Kiia could give citizenship after I left. Martinuzz died soon after.

I told Windwalker to save up for a new bell and that I'd pay for half of it, but she had just started playing in June and was still learning the game. After Martinuzz died only she and Patience had more than a month of experience in the town. I started playing there every once in awhile again to get my guy up to locksmithing and constitutions. The only other people out there were 5 brand new casual noobs who were less than a couple of weeks old. My noob alt there had master keys but no skills and after Kiia quit we had no way of giving citizenship.

Windwalker kept paying the bell by herself which made it harder to save. Patience and the other brand new noobs either quit or moved and they had no money. Windwalker kept paying the bell with some small loans from me. I topped off the bell sometimes to help her out. I offered to let Windwalker into one of my other noob towns but she refused saying she'd just keep paying the bell and she kept the town going by herself like that for 2 months.

All the while she kept thinking and hoping Martinuzz would come back and let her claim the mayoralship. That's the main reason we didn't drop another bell. We both PM'd him. I tried to track him down on some of the other MMo's he played but we never got a hold of him. Windwalker started playing less and less until finally last week she finally said goodbye and told me the last noob married couple had also left, so I began cleaning out all the stuff and told her she had an open invitation to any town I was mayor of. I've got 5 other towns to pay for now and I certainly didn't need to pay to drop a 6th bell for an empty town.

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby alprice » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm

So many leaving. I won't give up! I hate to hear that the town died. I can't imagine that happening to " my town" as I have always called it. I have been thru so much on his game . Made great friends and enemies. I have laughed, cried, got in trouble, ko'ed but never killed. I hope the players of TT had fun and Will come back one day.
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Ass_Kraken » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Claeyt wrote:Steven Vai

That's just an alt I spawned a while back when I guessed a HS (Think it was "The Land of the Swamp Folk") and ported in, but I was blackscreening and left it. I don't think he has moved off his lean-to. I highly doubt anyone chose the same name as the name of the person that was taken from is "Steve Vai"
Ass_Kraken

Postby Droj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 pm

broken any ways,

feel yo pain. it's hard keeping a town alive.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Kandarim » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

for better or for worse, this is a piece of roanoke history going :(
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Steven Vai

That's just an alt I spawned a while back when I guessed a HS (Think it was "The Land of the Swamp Folk") and ported in, but I was blackscreening and left it. I don't think he has moved off his lean-to. I highly doubt anyone chose the same name as the name of the person that was taken from is "Steve Vai"

Edited

There were a couple of one's like that, that I wasn't sure were noob members or not. Thought I got them all. A lot of the really old members, I didn't have kinned and didn't have the names too. We had a strict no cleaning out the lean to's policy in the town so we ended up with like 40 or 50 lean to's there. Martinuzz kept telling me "one of these days I'll claim over these lean to's and clean them up" as he weaved his way through them, but he never did. :lol: After he died I cleaned up some of the noob lean to's but there's still way to many.

Kandarim wrote:for better or for worse, this is a piece of roanoke history going :(

Yep, it's one of the old one's going here. :cry:

Droj wrote:feel yo pain. it's hard keeping a town alive.

It is, but not that hard. You need a small dedicated group of players to lead it if you have a mass town like this. I've got several others going with more limited goals of 10-20 players. This was a big one though and it had an amazing 4 biomed location (5 if you include a little patch of beach) with woodlands and coniferous dominating. It was of course poorly designed and everything was half finished. It reminded me of a huge old mansion that needed a lot of work but if it had ever gotten done, it would have been beautiful. :lol:

Claeyt

Next

Return to House of Burgesses