Too Many Players Have Been Killed, Myself Included

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Too Many Players Have Been Killed, Myself Included

Postby adiv » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm

hi players and creators of salem.

i too as other lots of players was working hard months and months, lvling in humors and proficiecies.
and in just 1 second came v high lvl player and kill us, with not good reason.

that states of game playing cant continue any more.

the alert time is very little, and most of players get chocked by the killers who come so fast to kill them, its not the kill that so important, its the time spending who go lost (sry for my english, this is not my languatch, and i do my best)

the craetors will do good if thay will expand the "alert" time for a player to be a little bit more warrned that attak of death is coming.

thank u creators of salem for a great game but as much as i love it, u need to improve this alert thing, coss i dont want to spend again so much time just for being killed so easly, thats rilly not wise or fare, for any of the players.

and player v high lvls who just kill all the players in the game what good is doing to the game, what future will be? there is none! a players like that who just v high lvl and kill every ones' need to be band for good, or some terms must me taken.

i had to players who got all skills all the 88, high humors about 30 all the first and 50 all the second, both r dead now, and all my work on them. if its just 1 week to build i can handle with that, but its monthes to do so!
if somthing will not done about the "alert more time thing" i'l not have choice but to leave.

coss its not fun anymore to play salem as it is.

meny thanks
adiv
Last edited by jorb on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Translated into better engleesh
adiv

Re: about me and other too much players been killed

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:02 pm

While it would be nice if you could see a bit farther in the game, if you are paying attention you have plenty of time to log off when you see a hostile character charging you and if you build a town you have 24h warning before they can attack it.
30 and 50 humours is still fairly low, hopefully you have learned the system after your first play through so it should not take you very long to get back up.
DarkNacht

Re: about me and other too much players been killed

Postby L33LEE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Months to only have 30 humors ? This is achievable in days on a fresh new server, let alone the existing ones.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Re: Too Many Players Have Been Killed, Myself Included

Postby colesie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Moderator Translation
hi players and creators of salem.

Myself along with many other players have worked hard for months to develop characters and in just a few seconds a high level player came and killed us for no reason.

The current state of the game cant continue any more.

There is little to no warning and most players get killed too quickly for you to respond. Being killed is not the bad part, it's the time needed to raise characters and build bases.

If the developers were to be given more warning of incoming attackers it would help a lot.

Thank you for making this game, and it is very good but as much as I love Salem, the alert system is needed. I don't want to spend all of that time again just to be killed so easily.

If high level characters are just killing everyone there is no future for Salem. High level characters either need to leave lower players alone, or some game mechanics need to be changed.

I owned two players with all skill to 88, humours at 30-50 and both are now dead; along with my work. If it were only a week to make a character I could handle that, but it takes months. If something is not done about this issue, I will have no choice but to abandon Salem.

Salem is no longer fun to play as it is.

Many thanks,
Adiv

Now with easier to read text!
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Hardy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:47 pm

I have to wonder if your deaths are related to http://forum.salemthegame.com/search.php?author_id=33377&sr=posts posted a few weeks ago where you were asking about how to destroy someone elses hard work.
Hardy

Postby Claeyt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm tired of seeing threads like this and questions like this in-game so I decided to make a guide to help new people survive. I hope it helps you for next time.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7863
Last edited by Claeyt on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby er-queent8r » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Hmmm, after reading this I have to ask, what crimes did you are your friends commit?
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby Wumpe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm

pvp on a pvp serv...oh wait i mean death on a perma death game!!! damn how is this possible

this just confirms that most ppl still have no idea what salem is
Wumpe

Postby Frakked » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:28 pm

I think part of the problem here is this 'legacy humor' thing I hearing about from others.

As I understand it...anyone who started today... will NEVER be able to level their humors up to compete with the 'original backers' or whatever. And if they want you dead... you're dead.

Logging out doesn't work unless you plan to start an alt and not come back for a very long time. I tried that myself...waited an hour... and I got KO'd and killed even while my client was loading... peep was camping the spot I logged out... on my p-claim... and no...I had barely 20 humors and hadn't committed any criminal activities...

A nice cosmetic or cheap rent would be fair compensation... but a lifetime dps advantage is not.
Frakked

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Frakked wrote:I think part of the problem here is this 'legacy humor' thing I hearing about from others.

As I understand it...anyone who started today... will NEVER be able to level their humors up to compete with the 'original backers' or whatever. And if they want you dead... you're dead.

Logging out doesn't work unless you plan to start an alt and not come back for a very long time. I tried that myself...waited an hour... and I got KO'd and killed even while my client was loading... peep was camping the spot I logged out... on my p-claim... and no...I had barely 20 humors and hadn't committed any criminal activities...

A nice cosmetic or cheap rent would be fair compensation... but a lifetime dps advantage is not.

Not all of the servers have a big problem with players running around with characters build with per-patch humus, if are worried about it just play on Jamestown. I see you have experience on Plymouth and the problem there is less one of legacy humus and more just that the Tribe has full control of the server, even without legacy humus if they wanted you dead you would be dead. And if the time you got killed that you are talking about is on Plymouth, then in the eyes of the tribe you had committed criminal activities and thats why they waited for you.
You can survive on any server without having to worry too much about being killed, but what you have to do to survive is different on every server, so just find the server that allows you to thrive with the play stile that you like and build there.
DarkNacht

Next

Return to House of Burgesses