Serverwide Debt Relief Programs

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Serverwide Debt Relief Programs

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:58 am

ROANOKE DEBT: 65,667.87 Silver

JAMESTOWN SURPLUS: 27,670 Silver

Debts as of: 11/19/13

Greetings Filthy Squatters of Salem,
Recently I have traveled to the ghettos of both Roanoke and Jamestown and I was amazed with what I found. Players who lived frightened for the day that server transfers opened and populations who cowered in the darkest corners of their worlds out of fear that their sinful ways of irresponsible spending was a giant time bomb ready to blow up in their face. Well fear no longer players of Roanoke and Jamestown as debt Relief is on its way!

As many of you know it was just a matter of time until Server Transfers open and both servers are completely wiped off the map. Unfortunately, the Tribe has had a hard time choosing which one would end first. Jamestown is a test server and will be shutting down anyway. Claeyt is a plague that brings more pain to the people of Roanoke than we ever could. We attempted to draw straws, flip coins, shake our magic 8-ball, and play a wild game of "pin the tail on the argopelter" but each time our answer was not clear. That was when the Paymaster suggested a most excellent solution. What if the servers Debt to Plymouth and the Tribe were to be charted? What if the extermination of said servers was based on said debt? GENIOUS! A new currency is born.

How it works
*Effective immediately Roanoke and Jamestown will owe the Tribe 1 Silver per player when I click the Server Status button @ the top of the forums each day.
*Debt's are also added in the same fashion anytime somebody links an image of the server status anywhere on the forums.
*Interest on unpaid debts will be compounded @ an annual rate of 24.99% and compounded daily.
*A 10% Late Fee will be added to the unpaid balance daily.

Who can Pay the debts?
ANYBODY. That is the beauty of this program. Anybody on either server may send me a PM and pay the Tribe for the unpaid debts of their server. Heck, if you don't like your server you can pay the debts of the OTHER server and accelerate the demise of your own server. The sky is the limit here.

Can I pay more?
Yes. Your money paid in advance will not accrue interest but your account will show a credit and daily debits based on server population will be deducted from those credits.

Can I sacrifice my friends?
Yes. You may pay in blood. If your server is in debt and you would like to kill an innocent squatter of your server in exchange for said debts we will deduct from the balance 25 silver per scalp. 500 Silver if someone is killed who makes it into The Great Hunting Lodge in the sky.

Am I only screwed when Transfers open?
No. The Tribe reserves the right to show up on your server prior to transfers opening and destroying your cities with existing characters on your server.

So gather up your silver and return it to its rightful owners. You cannot put a price tag on Peace of Mind and the Tribe shall not invade your server so long as your debts are paid.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Last edited by jwhitehorn on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 am, edited 26 times in total.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Re: Serverwide Debt Relief Programs

Postby Jalpha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 am

Oh this is going places...

Fact or fallacy, you be the judge.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 am

Jalpha wrote:Oh this is going places...

Fact or fallacy, you be the judge.

People were not sure that this would go places either. But I believe the Tribe has established that we honor both our agreements and our threats.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Jalpha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am

Does it bother you that no matter how much damage you cause most people still refuse to bend their knee?
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 am

Jalpha wrote:Does it bother you that no matter how much damage you cause most people still refuse to bend their knee?

Ah, but that is where you are terribly wrong. It is a very rare day indeed where I meet somebody in Boston who does not pay the Treaty. Just as I anticipate the servers to be running a positive balance on their debts shortly.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Jalpha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 am

You're impossible :lol:

I pity you in that you can never admit when you screw up.
Jalpha

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

Jalpha wrote:You're impossible :lol:

I pity you in that you can never admit when you screw up.

Containing a doubt in your direction merely opens the door for defeat. The Tribe lives without remorse and without regret. That feeling inside your stomach is one of jealousy not pity. Only those who complete their Vision Quests could ever truly understand.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Cheena » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 am

Thank god we have a rich Darwoth on Jamestown. He'll pay for us, i'm sure. ¦]

BTW, the Tribe's lands are in Plymouth. In what rights are you extending them to the other servers ?
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby RuneNL » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 am

Chief confirmed to want a server wipe.
RuneNL

Postby Jalpha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 am

My guess is a server wipe will happen anyway, probably once the devs are reasonably happy that Gluttony works better and other foundational mechanics are implemented, like server transfers. It will be interesting times.
Jalpha

Next

Return to House of Burgesses