Complete Map of Plymouth Finished

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Complete Map of Plymouth Finished

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:Such ambition! I salute you, noble savage! Boy, I'll definitely want myself a piece of that! :D
Just out of curiosity; how large is the map really? Any info on travel time or elevations?

The map is quite large. Khaz would know the exact tile counts but its in the hundreds of thousands. The map is approx 4-6X taller than it is wide. We didn't mark elevations everywhere but we did climb the tallest mountain which interestingly enough has nothing to do with the "widest" mountain.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Spazzmaticus » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 pm

I think the tallest I climbed was 5k or so. It's a pity that there nothing of particular interest in the mountains. I've never seen forests in high elevations, either. Would be pretty sweet to have a crazy hermits lodge in the forest mountains! :)
How oppressive does the darkness get these days and where is it worse? Or is it the same level everywhere?
Spazzmaticus

Postby Khaztropix » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:I think the tallest I climbed was 5k or so. It's a pity that there nothing of particular interest in the mountains. I've never seen forests in high elevations, either. Would be pretty sweet to have a crazy hermits lodge in the forest mountains! :)
How oppressive does the darkness get these days and where is it worse? Or is it the same level everywhere?

Karl, you make me so sad... Such curiosity and wonder, yet you throw it by the wayside to play with scoundrels and thieves. :cry:
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

Postby Mushibag » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Khaztropix wrote:Karl, you make me so sad... Such curiosity and wonder, yet you throw it by the wayside to play with scoundrels and thieves. :cry:

When did Karl join the tribe? ;)
Mushibag

Postby Claeyt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:I think the tallest I climbed was 5k or so. It's a pity that there nothing of particular interest in the mountains. I've never seen forests in high elevations, either. Would be pretty sweet to have a crazy hermits lodge in the forest mountains! :)

I've been over 5,500 on Roanoke and there are some very strange areas in the Roanoke mts. Ours are set out in 2 long ranges rather than in clumps like Plymouth. The Darkness grows the farther away form Boston you get. That means that's it's deepest in the far SW and NW corners. As the Chief said the maps aren't as thick EW as they are NS.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Spazzmaticus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 am

Interesting. I haven't really explored much lately. Back when I did we had the old darkness (that I actually kind of miss) and some other oddities. Did you know that even weeks after the server start the Fen didn't spawn anything? Neither animals nor herbs. Not even rocks. Freaked me out.
I take it nothing new has been inplemented in the mountains or the snow?
Spazzmaticus

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Now you just have to update for base changes. (I mean bases you raid of course.)
Ass_Kraken

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses