Forging a Legacy from Lime

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Forging a Legacy from Lime

Postby martinuzz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Kandarim wrote:
JeffGV wrote:
You are able to do 90% purity worms by doing so? I doubt about that. So, it is still quite a relevant advantage.
But even if you were able to...you would just be spreading the unbalancing factors by doing so. And considering they did all that purity change to stop that situation...

Do you have access to 90% purity worms? I have both sets of 90+% worms and worms I fed up to ~35%. On my 13% bins, the difference exists only behind the comma for the elemental values. The difference between legacy pythons and newly fed up ones can hardly be called relevant.

This. There is no point in raising your worms beyond, say, 30% purity. 90% worms do not yield an increase that is worth mentioning.
Did Claeyt shut up yet?
WARNING: berrymash laxatives can cause your character to explode violently, after eating chymically unstable foods.
martinuzz

Postby Rydersowl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I rest my case but this guy has been finding things to QQ about regardless. Everyone is happy about this BUT YOU Jeff. If you're biased about the source that's one thing but quit looking for reasons to moan and groan about a good thing. Even Claeyt seemed to struggle finding things to criticize but your general outlook seems to be setting a new standard for complaining on these forums. Quit ruining a good thing for everyone else.
Rydersowl

Postby Glennfinnan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:24 am

Rydersowl wrote: If you're biased about the source that's one thing but quit looking for reasons to moan and groan about a good thing.

I dont think that its the source hes moaning about, rather the serious problem itself [which you seem to be completely overlooking], and while only the place he started discussing it at may be wrong, he has a good, valid points and I totally agree with him.
Glennfinnan

Postby Rydersowl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:14 am

Glennfinnan wrote:
Rydersowl wrote: If you're biased about the source that's one thing but quit looking for reasons to moan and groan about a good thing.

I dont think that its the source hes moaning about, rather the serious problem itself [which you seem to be completely overlooking], and while only the place he started discussing it at may be wrong, he has a good, valid points and I totally agree with him.

How exactly is there a point there? The worms argument has already been rendered moot because the difference between 90% worms and 30% worms in 15% board compost bins is negligible at best. And there is enough here to suggest lime has enough value that one could easily barter for the means to build their own high level production.

As for the "spreading the imbalance" argument how is that valid exactly? This looks like it gives people the opportunity to get on an even playing field if anything. The only thing that doesn't change is there's still work that needs to be invested, which if there are any qualms about that then the person harboring them is playing the wrong game. If anything the tribe is taking a risk by giving people access to potential Titan characters at which point their uncontested rule becomes more vulnerable. I see an attempt to entice more people onto Plymouth and to quiet the "you have all the legacy stuff argument", I don't see any valid points in the above. If he were getting into the fundamentals of purity that would be one thing (and like you said belong elsewhere). But the specific points I criticize have been agreed upon by most here as moot.
Rydersowl

Postby JeffGV » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 am

Regarding the 90% worms: i had them indeed at similar values, both phytons and normal ones (and i sold them when i decided to quit). That's why i said that value - because i know there are some ingame.Regarding their exact effect, we should see the formulas used. Maybe at the current purities of wood their effect is hampered. At higher purities they could work differently - but how much, we cannot say.

The problem with legacy items is that they aren't intended to exist at all with the current implementations of the mechanics and thus must not be considered when the game is balanced. But as they are still there, their consequences in the game persist. Because devs can't balance for two different set of values (as in, old and new values of purities) at the same time. We're talking about mathematical formulas after all, and there is no other difference from the old and the new ones than the purity, just a number in the whole formula. It is the same for game mechanics, items, buildings. A wall either is balanced for the humours intended with the current mechanics or with the ones you can get by using legacy items. Same for the enemies. Same with whatever they decide to introduce in the future - they can't take in account items that shouldn't exist, after all.
If those items can be replicated, even if not at that high purity - but still higher than the ones one is supposed to get at a certain point in his progression - they will still screw up all the balance when they are used. And spreading them doesn't balance the game again - it just increases the overall unbalancing, cause people will just use more items of unintended purities.
If server travel is ever introduced, they will spread even more in the different servers. And assuming new servers are ever opened they would be affected as well if there is the server travel.
JeffGV

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:23 am

Kandarim wrote:
Do you have access to 90% purity worms? I have both sets of 90+% worms and worms I fed up to ~35%. On my 13% bins, the difference exists only behind the comma for the elemental values. The difference between legacy pythons and newly fed up ones can hardly be called relevant.

JeffGV clearly doesn't understand a thing about the new system. I wouldn't waste your breath trying to explain.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Mereni » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 am

JeffGV wrote:Maybe at the current purities of wood their effect is hampered. At higher purities they could work differently - but how much, we cannot say.

You're assuming it's possible to get higher purity wood. It's not. The system is very broken and it is not possible to get much higher than the ~15% we have now.
Mereni

Postby Claeyt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

Mereni wrote:
JeffGV wrote:Maybe at the current purities of wood their effect is hampered. At higher purities they could work differently - but how much, we cannot say.

You're assuming it's possible to get higher purity wood. It's not. The system is very broken and it is not possible to get much higher than the ~15% we have now.

:roll:

We've had 2 witnesses to the tribe's trees being in the high twenties and possibly even reaching 30. You are with the Tribe still aren't you?

We've had 20+ boards for sale in Roanoke for weeks now.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:51 am

Claeyt wrote: :roll:

We've had 2 witnesses to the tribe's trees being in the high twenties and possibly even reaching 30. You are with the Tribe still aren't you?

We've had 20+ boards for sale in Roanoke for weeks now.

She is talking about the Humus produced not the boards. Once the boards splice with nails/plugs/worms your not looking at significantly higher than 15%.

Also, you have no such witness as your number is horribly inaccurate.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Dallane » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:12 pm

JeffGV wrote:Basically, i spend time argumenting the problems and the reply i get back is a "learn to play" that doesn't even address the issue.
I wonder why i'm even wasting my time.
Oh well, keep the game flawed as it is if you're so happy about it. Don't whine when it will die later on - because no one will play such an unbalanced mess.

Maybe you should learn the game mechanics before making wild ass claims? I haven't played for months and know more then you.

>implying people play salem now.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses