Forging a Legacy from Lime

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Forging a Legacy from Lime

Postby Glennfinnan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Mushibag wrote:Obviously, when big changes are made, and there is no server wipe, there will be lingering elements of the old system. Derp.

The problem is, the devs plan to make the high purity items almost impossible to get and currently, if you own, lets say 90%+ seeds, you have an 'unlimited' source of 70-90% seeds [excluding cabbage; exact purity depending on the drop rate, the amount of starting seeds and luck factor] and byproducts, that most likely will be considered almost impossible to get after the game mechanics are settled too. Accepting a problem is not a way of solving it.

Besides, the amount or argumentum ad personam in this thread is just astounding.
Glennfinnan

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:11 pm

I've read this thread twice already and I don't see what the problem is.

Are Jeff and Glenn arguing that given our two choices, the tribe keep all the legacy items or give some of it out, the tibe should keep it all because that's what the devs would have wanted in their heart of hearts, and of course math?
pistolshrimp

Postby Claeyt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:I've read this thread twice already and I don't see what the problem is.

Are Jeff and Glenn arguing that given our two choices, the tribe keep all the legacy items or give some of it out, the tibe should keep it all because that's what the devs would have wanted in their heart of hearts, and of course math?

No, what they're saying is that the Tribe is going to get gigantic piles of lime for sharing they're food made from legacy hummus, and if people don't want to do that then they can't make anything like it themselves.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:04 am

Claeyt wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:I've read this thread twice already and I don't see what the problem is.

No, what they're saying is that the Tribe is going to get gigantic piles of lime for sharing they're food made from legacy hummus, and if people don't want to do that then they can't make anything like it themselves.

Ack. I'm still confused. Legacy items are in the game already, the tribe is not going to dump it in the river so nothing changed from this week from the last except now players who can't make anything like it now have some access.

I probably wouldn't buy the items but it seems like a solid trade. I mean the items have been in stalls for months now, I haven't seen any arguments complaining that trading silver for legacy items is wrong. Why is lime different.
pistolshrimp

Postby Claeyt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:15 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:
Claeyt wrote:

Ack. I'm still confused. Legacy items are in the game already, the tribe is not going to dump it in the river so nothing changed from this week from the last except now players who can't make anything like it now have some access.

I probably wouldn't buy the items but it seems like a solid trade. I mean the items have been in stalls for months now, I haven't seen any arguments complaining that trading silver for legacy items is wrong. Why is lime different.

If they were trading legacy hummus or seeds for lime it would be a more fair trade, but they're only giving out legacy foods. I don't know if they're giving out legacy pumpkins with seeds in them. Either way it's an easy way for them to get lime, but Iit at leasts give people a path to legacy foods.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:19 am

Redemption wrote:Once you get to around 100, you will not be leveling up the biles on 0% purity food unless you want to cook 8 chests full and have to eat 4 chests per point lvl.

4 chests per level? I suggest you stop talking while eating, helps chewing.

Ass_Kraken

Postby jwhitehorn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Approx 3,200 lime cashed in just today. Continue to take advantage of this great program people :).

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Thor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 am

Ass_Kraken wrote:
Redemption wrote:Once you get to around 100, you will not be leveling up the biles on 0% purity food unless you want to cook 8 chests full and have to eat 4 chests per point lvl.

4 chests per level? I suggest you stop talking while eating, helps chewing.

Unfortunately for Redemption, this falls in to category L2P. 0% food gets you much further than 100.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Over 1,000 Legacy items handed out from this program. Keep up the good work.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Mushibag » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:55 pm

I may need to start playing again, and fire up the lime bots! Although I still can't bite the bullet and pay that stupid treaty, so that won't work... QQ
Mushibag

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses