feuer scammer

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

feuer scammer

Postby Rololas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 pm

do not trade with feuer. he took a snakeskin coat of me without paying and was talking **** about no one will find him until he is bored and stops playing so try to avoid him :)
Rololas

Re: feuer scammer

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm

The Trade-Wind forum is for buying and selling of merchandise. If all you have is a beef with another player about scams, it should go to the House of Burgess. Thread moved.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Vigilance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Actually I think we should have a Con-Artist Complications thread in the Tradewind, it makes a bit more sense than having a bunch of individual threads in what should be strictly for wars and assaults.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby Superiodity » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

If it's the guy with the metal hat, that claims "I've only been on 3 times, think my accounts hacked" when multiple people call him a scammer then something should be done about him.

I've seen that guy steal 200-300s from both newish players and experienced players before anyone can warn them.
Superiodity

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Vigilance wrote:Actually I think we should have a Con-Artist Complications thread in the Tradewind, it makes a bit more sense than having a bunch of individual threads in what should be strictly for wars and assaults.

Well, it does say "matters of justice" in the sub-heading for this forum. It might be argued that there should just be a "justice" forum and save the HoB for matters relating to inter-town diplomacy.

The fact of the matter is: if you don't recognize a person from a trade thread, be cautious when dealing with them. Just kinning in game isn't enough. You should know them from their HS (and tag their name with their forum name) so you can know one Bob from another. (Character names are only unique to the account, not to the whole game.) For all we know, there could be five guys named MagicMan running around Massachusetts. (If there are, none of them are me. I don't use my account name in game.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Magic and I were debating the concept of a "scammers" thread. We decided it's just too easy to abuse by slandering people. As mods there's no way we can prove/disprove a claim of being ripped off. As such, we can't support any thread because we'd be essentially certifying that person X and Z are scammers.

HoB threads about each scammer... well most of these threads are only 1/4 truth, the rest is just bluster. Scam claims do seem at home here :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby painhertz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 am

Eh. no need for a separate forum. if haven is any indicator of games like this eventually there will be 10-20 solid traders who gain good rep and you won't have to "deal" with random assbags who scam. Also? if you are a part of any kind of decent town you "should" be able to produce anything you need with trade only being needed to maybe speed processes like gathering of base materials.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 am

what we could have is some yellow journalism in this forum!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Return to House of Burgesses