The Magna Carta

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Magna Carta

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Could have swore I saw a post by jorb a few weeks ago about working on the digging/leveling tool, but I'm not spotting it now. Maybe it was over on the Haven forums. :/

But if you're wondering what they're up to over there, it's not really more than they are here. Even when they're taking time off they seem to come back with all new stuff. When you keep yourself buried in code 24/7 (or anything else for that matter), you start to lose focus and a week or two away will get that back and you get even more done than if you hadn't taken that time.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: The Magna Carta

Postby Procne » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:Could have swore I saw a post by jorb a few weeks ago about working on the digging/leveling tool, but I'm not spotting it now. Maybe it was over on the Haven forums. :/

That was here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6667
Before the split with Paradox
Procne

Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 am

After a recent post by one of our more notorious members here, I'm going to post this general warning:

Language that wishes or threatens death or physical harm on another won't be allowed. It can be an explicit statement such as "go kill yourself" or implied with a phrase that is commonly perceived to wish or threaten death.

I just sent a message off to the other mods on this, so they may have further comments or changes. After a few days of discussion, this, in general, will not be allowed. I'm of a mind to issue a player exactly one warning on this ever. A second will be an immediate ban for at least a week, maybe longer depending on that person's history here. Frequent bans or warnings may get a month. If anyone has anything specific to say about it, we'll be glad to hear opinions and comments.

It is a PvP game and we do get excited at times, even angry. Let's keep it as friendly as possible and keep the threats to game actions, not harm to others.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby ZtyX » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:51 am

I think that's fair, Magic.
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:07 am

Claeyt wrote:Who exactly are we talking about here and can we see what they said?

Specifically, it was this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8394&start=100#p110022 that brought up the discussion. However, I'm not speaking of anyone in general. I don't recall anyone making a post like this since the whole thing shortly after this site opened and a few members got banned for some really vicious posts and threats.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses