Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby Orcling » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 am

TotalyMeow wrote:All this after I went to the trouble to PM you your thread so you can do God knows what with it? :cry: Not even a 'thanks'.

You went through the trouble to delete it, too. Should he also thank you for that?
Orcling

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:37 am

Orcling wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:All this after I went to the trouble to PM you your thread so you can do God knows what with it? :cry: Not even a 'thanks'.

You went through the trouble to delete it, too. Should he also thank you for that?

No, he should thank John. It's his decision on whether any thread is deleted.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Orcling » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:40 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Orcling wrote:

No, he should thank John. It's his decision on whether any thread is deleted.

Don't try to push the guilt onto john. That's like blaming the judge when the executioner chops off someones head. Its obviously the executioner who does the chopping.
Orcling

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:49 am

It does the public no good to blame the executioner by ignoring that it took a fair amount of law-breaking for the beheaded to find themselves on the chopping block to begin with.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kaios » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Equivalent real life situation:

Friend #1: "Hey man, I heard about this cool new game called <insert game name here>! Want to check it out?"

Friend #2: "NO WAY AND YOUR SOLICITATION IS CLEARLY IN BREACH OF THE IMAGINARY RULES I JUST MADE UP NOW IN MY HEAD. FURTHER SOLICITATION OF THIS PRODUCT WILL IMMEDIATELY RESULT IN A SEVERE TALK-TO-THE-HAND PUNISHMENT."
Kaios

Postby Gacrux » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm

What is the justification behind the deleting discussions of other games and if someone says "you should try it"

I'm sure there's a difference that can be discerned between someone with a 300+ forum post count mentioning a game and a 3 post count random saying people should try something.
Gacrux

Postby Cheena » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Gacrux wrote:What is the justification behind the deleting discussions of other games and if someone says "you should try it"

I'm sure there's a difference that can be discerned between someone with a 300+ forum post count mentioning a game and a 3 post count random saying people should try something.

It's considered as advertising and obviously there will be 0 tolerance towards that henceforth.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Procne » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:26 pm

But gacrux' point was that it's not always advertisement. I never understood how zealous moderation can be on some game forums (speaking in general, not pointing at salem team). It's a bit silly when people can freely talk about their hobbies, what music, movies and food they like, but the moment they mention some other game they get a warning/ban. It's like devs / moderators were afraid that other players learn about other games! Like they thought pure ignorance is what still keeps players in.

I'm not saying we have it here, haven't been really following the closed threads. Just saying there is a need for common sense.
Procne

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Are we allowed to talk about traditional games? Such as magic the gathering or warmachine?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Cheena » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Well actually I'd say that it is the case here. I don't know and I don't agree either with that tolerance zero, despite the fact Meow and Carver explained it already.

When I was a moderator on [raiseyouralienonline] we had no problem with people talking about [adoptyourblondgirlonline] or [raiseyoursheeponline] because we perfectly knew that our game had its great points that kept people in WHILE playing others for their own stuff.
BUT.
Topics like "hey I have a sheep there and I don't have friends would you like to play there with me ?" were deleted. The topics, I mean. Not the posts as long as they were inside the game thread. Who the hell would ask for friends on another game if they don't have any on that game already to PM ^^"

Basically, the developper just decided to let us moderators do what we thought was fair. There are numerous factors that'd lead a group of players to leave a game, and actually the lack of social interaction is one of them. Leaving players do what they want on other games while using your forum as a "base" is a good thing because that means this forum is their root (and even further, kinda the root of their friendship to start with). Which means they'll always come back, even if they are mega bored of your damn game, just because of nostalgy.

One other point in this particular forum, is that if players build their friendship on a game they will trust each other. Here people may just not know each-other and so couldn't build bases together and ****. Let them go and they'll come back as a faction.

And all of this, has to get started with a single thing : "Hey, I checked this game out, it was like this" "oh really ? Care to play it with me ?" boom PM.

Dallane wrote:Are we allowed to talk about traditional games? Such as magic the gathering or warmachine?

No. Orcling got banned for talking about MarioKart64.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses