Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby er-queent8r » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Let me ask all of you loud mouths a question. At work, if in fact you do work, would you show your boss a description of a job you would like better than your current job? I think not. You would be lucky to have a job after that.
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby Nimmeth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:07 pm

er-queent8r wrote:Let me ask all of you loud mouths a question. At work, if in fact you do work, would you show your boss a description of a job you would like better than your current job? I think not. You would be lucky to have a job after that.

what a stupid comparison, i read it as troll first, but it's just plain stupidity.

but i do however have the opinion that what the devs said was fair and good judgement, how ever i wish that they'll soon stop the hard delete of post. it's sending the wrong picture to the forum.
and lastly also hope that it also goes for all the HnH recruitment spam.
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Cheena wrote:I don't know and I don't agree either with that tolerance zero, despite the fact Meow and Carver explained it already.

When I was a moderator on [raiseyouralienonline] we had no problem with people talking about [adoptyourblondgirlonline] or [raiseyoursheeponline] because we perfectly knew that our game had its great points that kept people in WHILE playing others for their own stuff.
BUT.

I can explain it again if it helps. Like many new business ventures, right now Salem is not profitable and until the game is finished enough that we can advertise, it's likely to continue to cost us much more than it returns. We're not even doing this for future profit, but for love of Salem and desire to see it become a unique and fun game that WE want to play. Right now we have a very small player base of beta testers that we can't afford to try to expand, not while the game is so incomplete. We need all of you to stick around and keep playing Salem. Some of you will leave because you don't like where the game is going and that can't be helped. Might we run low on good beta testers before the game is released? I hope not, but who can say?

What can be helped is to not allow people to come in and advertise other games and tell people to come play those games instead of Salem. Of course, we've agreed to go so far as to let you discuss other games here as long as you don't try to solicit each other to go play said other games, and of course we can't stop you from doing so in PMs, but PMs are a lot less influential to the readership in general than seeing someone like Dallane say "Oh yeah, I love that new game, I'm going to go play it right now, who wants to come with me?". Moving such a thing to Hinnom still leaves it out there to be read, so I tend to delete, much as I hate doing so.

If Salem were a well-established, reasonably complete game that was actually turning a profit, it wouldn't be such an issue. We could afford to be lenient and allow the occasional solicitation of another game here. We wouldn't care so much if people hare off to some new fad game because we would know that they will probably come back and if they don't, we can afford to lose a few. But right now, we can't afford to lose you. And I wouldn't rely on 'nostalgia' right now in a game that is changing every month so that anyone who leaves and comes back will find things so changed they might just leave again before they even try to play and find out if they like the new systems.

Will preventing advertisement of other games really prevent you from playing those other games if you want to? Of course not. But it's a psychological thing. The more you see something, the more you think about it. And the more you think about it, the more likely you are to try it. So, we just don't want you to see people saying "play this other game" all the time on OUR forums. Of course, by that logic, we shouldn't allow any discussion about other games at all, but we're trying to be reasonable and nice about the subject.

Cheena wrote:
Dallane wrote:Are we allowed to talk about traditional games? Such as magic the gathering or warmachine?

No. Orcling got banned for talking about MarioKart64.

Like I've said a few times, you can talk about any games you want, just day say things like "Let's go play that game instead!". Saying Orcling got banned for talking about MarioKart64 isn't quite accurate. When this topic was discussed here last time, I tried to make it clear that advertising simply isn't allowed, so he posted an advertisement for that game just to be a snot and got banned.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Trenial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Right and against the Custom and Usage of my Thread since its inception has been one thing, then using the same Law that has always been there, you delete the thread. As I said, if someone comes a long as a ******** and ***** in it, you ought to simply pick up the dog ****, and not demolish the entire lawn. I am not leaving because I don't like where Salem is going. You both should know that to not be true. I got to help participate in where its going. But all that aside, you attacked one post in the 1200 or so I have between this and the Shill acount, that I gave a **** about. The .1%. You made a personal attack on me, and that is how I have taken it. You can Jew about and rummage through the legalities all day. Ugly is ugly, and people will catch it. The Law cannot justify anyone.

Here are some Maxims of Law about Custom and Usage(I highlighted the important ones):

Long time and long use, beyond the memory of man, suffices for right.
Custom is the best expounder of the law.
Custom is another law.
A prescriptive and legitimate custom overcomes the law.
Custom leads the willing, law compels or draws the unwilling.
Usage is the best interpreter of things.
Custom is the best interpreter of laws.
What is done contrary to the custom of our ancestors, neither pleases nor appears right.
Where two rights concur, the more ancient shall be preferred.

Here is what really went down:

LiF launches on Steam
Salem players who have Steam see it
Salem players remember Shills post about this LiF game
Salem players find it, and see lots of detailed information
They start to ask questions of anyone with experience
That one person happened to be me sadly
You react, oh no, moved to mod forum
I raise the issue
You retort by offering to restore it
You later change your position and do not restore it, instead delete it
we argue how im wrong/you're right and the point of the Mod Thread is a silly circus
You lose 2 players

By throwing mud at others Meow, you've only dirtied your hands further and lost a lot of ground.

This post as all the others will be snap shotted, because there is a 99.9% chance Chief will delete it like all my others.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 pm

*You posted your goodbyes long before any of this transpired. Thus making your 'quitting' based on Moderation largely fabricated for those with a timeline.

*Your in-game character has yet to achieve even a single 'profession' skill since we took over despite having a large foundation to advance on. Showing you clearly had one foot out the door for quite awhile.

*Despite making a public announcement that you were leaving. Here you are. While that doesn't show anything for the appeal of Salem game-play it certainly says all one needs to know about the lack of appeal for another. Actions speak louder than words, so I guess whatever game you are advertising and parading this week must not be all that good if a forum on a game you no longer play is commanding your attention.

*It seems you enjoy making failed legalese arguments against an audience that largely could care-less. I have no desire to take that from you. Just keep your arguments at silly copy and pastes of inapplicable non-sense like your previous post and we should be fine. The minute you try to sneak advertisement in again, I'm sure Meow and I will be more than happy to delete it, giving you even more rage, and thus making the circle of Trenial Tears complete.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Trenial wrote: with dreams of AAA status.

Nope. But keep going. The tears are delicious.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kaios » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:40 pm

er-queent8r wrote:Let me ask all of you loud mouths a question. At work, if in fact you do work, would you show your boss a description of a job you would like better than your current job? I think not. You would be lucky to have a job after that.

Nimmeth wrote:what a stupid comparison, i read it as troll first, but it's just plain stupidity.

Just for kicks though, yes, I'd have no problem doing that with my boss if I were actually looking for a new job.

Anyways, terrible moderators lead to terrible moderation. This is good evidence as to why Jorb and Loftar pick their moderation team rather than doing it themselves because not only is it a complete waste of time for a developer to spend time moderating or responding to moderation issues but further to that they can't get blamed for making poor moderation decisions beyond the people they picked.

Not only is this a poor use of your time but you are really blowing things out of proportion in regards to the advertising *****. Nobody (as far as I know) is attempting to advertise any game with the sole intent of pulling players away from Salem simply to spite the game or its developing team. That is what you should actually be worried about, not some random comment in the middle of a thread where one or more people may or may not agree to try out a different game.

Being so terribly worried about "advertising" when there isn't any advertising going on only makes you guys look bad as developers. Your fear that players will get pulled away by the promise of something newer and better is essentially admitting that this game can't survive on its own merits, or that is the impression I get at least.
Kaios

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:12 pm

John and I are currently discussing moderation of the forums. I am sure there will be a change incoming.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby mentalyll » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*You posted your goodbyes long before any of this transpired. Thus making your 'quitting' based on Moderation largely fabricated for those with a timeline.

*Your in-game character has yet to achieve even a single 'profession' skill since we took over despite having a large foundation to advance on. Showing you clearly had one foot out the door for quite awhile.

*Despite making a public announcement that you were leaving. Here you are. While that doesn't show anything for the appeal of Salem game-play it certainly says all one needs to know about the lack of appeal for another. Actions speak louder than words, so I guess whatever game you are advertising and parading this week must not be all that good if a forum on a game you no longer play is commanding your attention.

*It seems you enjoy making failed legalese arguments against an audience that largely could care-less. I have no desire to take that from you. Just keep your arguments at silly copy and pastes of inapplicable non-sense like your previous post and we should be fine. The minute you try to sneak advertisement in again, I'm sure Meow and I will be more than happy to delete it, giving you even more rage, and thus making the circle of Trenial Tears complete.

Trenial gets banned for personal attacks, and you respond to him with personal attacks.
Pro team
mentalyll

Postby Kaios » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Even though JohnCarver is a homosexual he doesn't like to take it up the butt because he can't handle what he dishes out.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses