Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Magna Carta

Postby Ikpeip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:00 pm

You must admit not being able to identify the exact reasoning for the lock is troublesome, especially given the moderation team's past indisrections and antagonistic attitude towards the Tribe and its supporters.

I'd also like to repeat my question - If the thread was locked because it wasn't quality enough, would it be appropriate to recreate it, so long as the
TeckXKnight wrote:thread has a high quality story, screenshots to make it interesting, or just something to make it more than just troll bait

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Ya, things that raise the quality of the thread make it politics worthy.

I just don't like to assume the reasoning of other mods. Everyone has a mind of their own and I don't get to put words in their mouth.
TeckXKnight

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Ya, things that raise the quality of the thread make it politics worthy.

I just don't like to assume the reasoning of other mods. Everyone has a mind of their own and I don't get to put words in their mouth.

I would like to break this discussion momentarily to thank you for providing feedback and insight into at least one moderator perspective on the situation. I will await for the Moderator who cowardly made the action without identifying himself to come forward and then, hopefully, contact the player in-game and ask him to give the forums a second chance with a bit of direction from the moderator who felt this new player did not supply a worthy thread. It would be even better if the mod himself PM'd the player apologizing for his hasty action (which did not allow the parties involved to respond and post their screenshots) and encouraged this player to take some screens of the base and loot he received, that does seem like wishful thinking though.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby staxjax » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

I thought this thread was for serious business only. Neither of you were wronged in anyway, so I don't see the reason you have to come here to troll the moderators. Just ignore them.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:59 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:I would like to break this discussion momentarily to thank you for providing feedback and insight into at least one moderator perspective on the situation. I will await for the Moderator who cowardly made the action without identifying himself to come forward and then, hopefully, contact the player in-game and ask him to give the forums a second chance with a bit of direction from the moderator who felt this new player did not supply a worthy thread. It would be even better if the mod himself PM'd the player apologizing for his hasty action (which did not allow the parties involved to respond and post their screenshots) and encouraged this player to take some screens of the base and loot he received, that does seem like wishful thinking though.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Give him a break, it wasn't very long ago when there were rather vocal complaints about moderators having the last message when locking threads. When we're damned both ways sometimes you just have to follow your heart a bit.
TeckXKnight

Postby KitKat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
jwhitehorn wrote:I would like to break this discussion momentarily to thank you for providing feedback and insight into at least one moderator perspective on the situation. I will await for the Moderator who cowardly made the action without identifying himself to come forward and then, hopefully, contact the player in-game and ask him to give the forums a second chance with a bit of direction from the moderator who felt this new player did not supply a worthy thread. It would be even better if the mod himself PM'd the player apologizing for his hasty action (which did not allow the parties involved to respond and post their screenshots) and encouraged this player to take some screens of the base and loot he received, that does seem like wishful thinking though.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Give him a break, it wasn't very long ago when there were rather vocal complaints about moderators having the last message when locking threads. When we're damned both ways sometimes you just have to follow your heart a bit.

Give the new player a break and unlock his thread. I think it was quality and better than most of the garbage that's posted in the HoB. Especially if the other parties involved could of posted screen shots that they have. New players don't realize that they should be taking screens everything they do when making a thread.
KitKat

Postby Ikpeip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Give him a break, it wasn't very long ago when there were rather vocal complaints about moderators having the last message when locking threads. When we're damned both ways sometimes you just have to follow your heart a bit.

It is both possible and desirable to state the reason for a moderation action without editorializing.

staxjax wrote:I thought this thread was for serious business only. Neither of you were wronged in anyway, so I don't see the reason you have to come here to troll the moderators. Just ignore them.

I'm not trolling moderators here. These forums (especially the posters who have been driven from Salem the game) have an unhealthy hostility to new players/posters. It is detrimental to the community to try and shut down voices just because they support an in-game faction you don't like. If there are indeed genuine, objective reasons a thread is locked, it would be in everyone's best interest if they were made clear.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Mostly out of curiosity but why did you bold the letters T, e, and d?
TeckXKnight

Postby Ikpeip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 pm

I was Bad and opted to poke Staxjax rather than return his hostility.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Give him a break, it wasn't very long ago when there were rather vocal complaints about moderators having the last message when locking threads. When we're damned both ways sometimes you just have to follow your heart a bit.

I am not sure who I am suppose to "Give a break" to as they did not identify themselves. I have never complained with moderators green-texting when they do moderator things (unless that text itself is unprofessional). In my opinion, transparency during moderation is one of the most important things.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Last edited by jwhitehorn on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses