Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby Trenial » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:02 pm

I had nothing to do with comparison. My entire dialogue was on the material itself. People who have no interest in the subject matter of the thread itself, did nothing but **** post and derail about how its some wanna be Salem or something. I don't think it right or common to simply poof it on the basis two well known ***** **** in the thread and therefor the thread is ****.

I was willing to agree on my Realm Zero post, I went slightly too far. This time I made sure I did not post a single link. As to the OP content creation of the thread, it was never touched by the mods and the reigning gods had no qualms, and it died a peacefull death in the backlogs of the forums. So I don't hope I sound over reacting but at a beyond glance it simply looked like pure arbitrary deletion either on either basis.

It was to inform and arouse, nothing more. Nothing more than what I have done for Salem itself as a title these past years. No one who has a solid foundation in Salem is going to uproot from Salem either. However when the gods seem fit to make rules and ignore those rules, people will ultimately end up leaving.

The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth as if CoaH was nothing more than an informal extention of HoB, where upon all content must first be approved by the Ministry of Culture. 90% of the CoaH content is 1 time posts, a look, no reply or it ends in a ban(s) if its a hot topic.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby mentalyll » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:15 pm

What? An entire day has gone by and no response?

doubt
mentalyll

Postby Orcling » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:24 am

[Censorship Intensifies]
Orcling

Postby Trenial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:10 am

you guys really had the nerve to offer up restoring the thread, and dont, then you go off and delete my goodbye posts merely because LiF was mentioned? you know how ***** this whole thing looks?

Peace

TENT WIDTH

Trenial

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:17 am

Okay, sorry it took so long, but John and I have both been busy and haven't had much time to talk. The official ruling on threads that talk about other games is this:

"Fan threads are allowed until a single player solicits another player to contact/ meetup, or play said game. It is fine to discuss other games, it is not ok to use the Salem forum as a public lobby for recruiting others to come with you."

For this reason the LiF thread will be deleted. It was made before Mortal Moments took over and has quite a bit of solicitation in it from beginning to end. You may wonder why I did nothing about it before; as long as the thread was in the back pages, there was no reason for me to go try to do backdated moderation on it.

I have also deleted a few posts in Mentallyill's goodbye thread because it somehow derailed immediately into people asking other people to meet in the other game.

Seriously guys, this forum is for Salem the Game. We'll try to let you discuss other games in a theoretical manner, but be prepared to have such threads deleted when someone ruins it for you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Trenial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:31 am

Your rule is ex post facto and 100% *****.

Retro active hoccus poccus. A great deal went into putting that thread together. At least provide me a copy via email of the source bb code of the OP by my account Shill. I didn't spend time writing it up so you could one day toss it in a trashcan.

In the mean time amend the rules so every sorry sap can be warned ahead of time. I'm done sitting around circle jerking with worthless excuses from you any further.

I don't know who is more high on peyote, you or the badger and his Hiawatha persona.

TENT WIDTH

Trenial

Postby Orcling » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:32 am

I doubt that John was TOO busy to read the complaints thread, as he spent much time on the forum trolling people left and right.
Orcling

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:02 am

Trenial wrote:Your rule is ex post facto and 100% *****.

Retro active hoccus poccus. A great deal went into putting that thread together. At least provide me a copy via email of the source bb code of the OP by my account Shill. I didn't spend time writing it up so you could one day toss it in a trashcan.

In the mean time amend the rules so every sorry sap can be warned ahead of time.

The rules do warn you ahead of time:

10. No advertisements of any kind. Users may, however, start a thread for fan discussion of a game in the City upon a Hill sub-forum. Such threads may be locked or moved to Valley of Hinnom at the moderation team's discretion.

It seems pretty clear to me, but for those few of you who have a hard time understanding the rules and have to have every single thing spelled out for you, I'll amend this one to make it more wordy.

As for the rest of your complaint, I don't think you know what ex post facto means as this rule was made quite some time ago, before Mortal Moments even took over this game actually, though said rules were not always enforced as was the case with that thread. Furthermore, I do leave old threads alone unless they are brought back into the light as this one was.

Since you asked so very nicely, and you're always a paragon of politeness and reasonable speech, I can PM you the OP of that thread as it has not yet been deleted. Count yourself lucky and save copies of important documents in the future.

Trenial wrote:I'm done sitting around circle jerking with worthless excuses from you any further.

I pray that this is true.

Orcling wrote:I doubt that John was TOO busy to read the complaints thread, as he spent much time on the forum trolling people left and right.

He does take a break every once in awhile to read and post. But those are breaks, not quite the same as us having a meeting to discuss something like forum rules.

TotalyMeow

Postby Trenial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:55 am

I'm not going to argue this any further. My opponent is incapable. I'll walk away knowing at least a few of the smart folks around here will identify the the following:

2 formal fallacies
3 informal fallacies

And barrowing a positive defense from an opponent for a negative counter to the same opponent's positive argument. As Mouser would say: Lost in the loo.

You're very far off the Square Meow.

TENT WIDTH

Trenial

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:19 am

All this after I went to the trouble to PM you your thread so you can do God knows what with it? :cry: Not even a 'thanks'.

TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses