Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Warnings cannot be rescinded. That's just the way the forums are setup.
TeckXKnight

Postby sabinati » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Khaztropix wrote:
jorb wrote:
Further arguing will lead to strife, not to consensus. Discussion leads nowhere, but actions of conciliation and mutual forgiving and tolerance do. Full consensus that this was all a bunch of BS drama will in time emerge naturally.

Joy to the forums! (pardon the crappy recording)

Mutual forgiveness?

I can get over the past mod abuse, but if this is truly 'mutual' forgiveness, then the ***** warning should be rescinded as well.

warnings prior to the jorbian revolution won't be taken into consideration in moderation decisions. how's that?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:26 pm

jorb wrote:The truth and reconciliation commission has graciously extended a full pardon to "Yourgrandmother" for past sins. Behave in the future and whatever weight the past may hold will not be held against you.

Yay! Welcome back YGM!

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Khaztropix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm

sabinati wrote:warnings prior to the jorbian revolution won't be taken into consideration in moderation decisions. how's that?

Works for me. Hug it out, *****.
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

The Magna Carta complaints derail

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 pm

This thread was locked with absolutely no explanation?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6877

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

split from the rules thread to the complaints thread
Last edited by sabinati on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong topic
jwhitehorn

Re: The Magna Carta

Postby Ikpeip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:This thread was locked with absolutely no explanation?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6877

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

There's no winning with you. If they moderate without staying why, you demand an explanation. But if they give you an explanation, you point out the inherent flaws, bias, and lack of judgement, which is rude and hurts their feelings. Why do you have to be so mean?

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Ikpeip wrote:There's no winning with you. If they moderate without staying why, you demand an explanation. But if they give you an explanation, you point out the inherent flaws, bias, and lack of judgement, which is rude and hurts their feelings. Why do you have to be so mean?

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster

Your right. I apologize. I'm sure squelching a new player looking to join the forum community in these times when the number of players is so very fragile was an excellent moderation call.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm not sure of the exact reason for the lock but that's generally what's considered subpar as far as a thread on in-game politics goes. Threads like that, at best, flounder and are boring without adding anything.
TeckXKnight

Postby Ikpeip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:I'm not sure of the exact reason for the lock but that's generally what's considered subpar as far as a thread on in-game politics goes. Threads like that, at best, flounder and are boring without adding anything.

That seems a very odd reason to shut down the thread, and highly subjective. An aggressive criminal player was caught and put down. Before the ranger who brought the criminal to justice was able to post a more detailed story or include screenshots, the thread was locked.

Are you suggesting it would be appropriate for the ranger to create a new thread, if the post was more developed? What elements lead to a thread of acceptable quality?

Could you comment on why the following threads are not subpar, and how they "add something?"
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6713 - Waffles post vaguely asking about people on his kin list
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6529 - Bait pretending to be looking for a fight to the death, but not accepting any
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6595 - Criminal asking how he was summon-killed
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6611 - Fellow looking for a buddy
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6626 - T0ne looking for his neighbors

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Like I said, I don't know if that was the actual reasoning behind the close. I'd probably have left it alone just because threads like that tend to die off on their own shortly.

I believe the general unspoken rule has been that a politics thread has to have some sort of self-sustaining conflict. There are exceptions made there too, of course. Usually if a thread has a high quality story, screenshots to make it interesting, or just something to make it more than just troll bait it gets by. I'll admit that some figures are just so notorious that their very act of posting is enough to stir up drama and maintain a politics thread, if not invent the politics necessary to support the thread.

A post announcing a quiet victory against a silent foe tends to lead nowhere.

In some cases threads look like they can potentially go somewhere too, such as a threat to another village or a boastful claim; sometimes they just don't pan out.

Most of those threads look like they're just outright in the wrong sections. They're looking for old friends (PnP would be a better place to do this), looked like maybe something could happen (Bait's thread), or were the big exception to the rule: the last thread is a village actually trying to establish communication to perform in-game politics. That's sort of a sacred thing and you let that happen and try to keep it clean if you can.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses