Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Moderation Complaints Megathread v.2.0

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:21 pm

sabinati wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I don't know if it's a heavy hand so much as just highly personal moderation of certain unnamed individuals. I'm hoping they realize not to be political in moderation, but it's getting reeeeaaaal hard to defend them when they're starting threads to celebrate the bans of certain people even if they were harassing the mods. Please leave the politics in the game folks both mods and players.

link?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you asked for it. Here's a few of the completely unnecessary political postings from the mods, breaking Jorbs new rule of mod impartiality. I could have also thrown in plenty of bans from mods that were, in my mind, a little too personal and were thrown out by the admins. Most importantly if you want to be a mod then leave the quips and jokes alone. They build up until eventually we have what we have now: A complete breakdown between the forum mods and the most active players of the game. If you want to be a mod, you don't get to say anything you want.

On the reverse side of that, to the top players, if you want to post on this forum you need to follow the rules. The purpose of the forum is not "You against the Mods".

Colesie:
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6838/
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6760&p=82573#p82573

Sabanati:
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6291&p=75583#p75583
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6174&p=74251#p74251

Potjeh:
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6838&p=83525#p83525
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6529&p=79004#p79004

TechXKnight:
http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4620&p=54054#p54054

For the others, I'm not going to dig back that far, but they've been more impartial in my opinion.

All I'm asking for is less drama from the mods. You don't get to be part of the muck if you're a mod. If you want to be in the drama then drop the green.
Last edited by Claeyt on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Aw, that counts against me, really?
TeckXKnight

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:39 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:

Aw, that counts against me, really?

Honestly you're not that bad about staying out of the politics if it wasn't for the gigantic ban hammer you wield. How man bans have you had overturned now? Maybe you're dropping the hammer a little too early and a little too hard. Patience and Impartiality. ;)

....but you did say this, so you are forgiven. Be a surgeon, it's not a game of whack-a-mole.

TeckXKnight wrote:Ideally there will not be a devolution of rules and attitudes to constitute a situation of 'no rules.' Merely a bit of breathing you for you guys to express yourselves and for all of us to learn how to communicate without bashing each other open. =)
Last edited by Claeyt on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby jorb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Good. Now all of that has been vented and looked over, for the last time. I support both mods and players engaging in playful banter and light trolling, and I see no problem in that, quite on the contrary.

Stop picking the scabs off of these old wounds and let them heal out for a bit. I'll be insisting on a very forgiving/laissez faire attitude for and toward everyone -- mods, players, whatever -- over the next couple of weeks/months.

Moving. On.
jorb

Postby Procne » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Claeyt, check if you linked correct posts. I see nothing wrong with TechXKnight's post. Maybe you meant something else?
When I open your link, I get redirected to the post
Mods aren't officially sanctioned. Please play nice guys. =)
Procne

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Procne wrote:Claeyt, check if you linked correct posts. I see nothing wrong with TechXKnight's post. Maybe you meant something else?
When I open your link, I get redirected to the post
Mods aren't officially sanctioned. Please play nice guys. =)

The post works for me......but,

In keeping with Enigmorb's new decree I will not continue with digging out that scab between L33L33 and TechXKnight. I forgive all the mods all their sins and all the players all their warnings. Jorb's right, lets just move on and get the game moving forward and have fun and be nice to each other.

Claeyt

Postby jorb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:01 pm

The truth and reconciliation commission has graciously extended a full pardon to "Yourgrandmother" for past sins. Behave in the future and whatever weight the past may hold will not be held against you.
jorb

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 pm

jorb wrote:The truth and reconciliation commission has graciously extended a full pardon to "Yourgrandmother" for past sins. Behave in the future and whatever weight the past may hold will not be held against you.

Further Pras

Claeyt

Postby Khaztropix » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 pm

jorb wrote:
Further arguing will lead to strife, not to consensus. Discussion leads nowhere, but actions of conciliation and mutual forgiving and tolerance do. Full consensus that this was all a bunch of BS drama will in time emerge naturally.

Joy to the forums! (pardon the crappy recording)

Mutual forgiveness?

I can get over the past mod abuse, but if this is truly 'mutual' forgiveness, then the ***** warning should be rescinded as well.
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Khaztropix wrote:I can get over the past mod abuse, but if this is truly 'mutual' forgiveness, then the possibly overzealous warning should be rescinded as well.

Fixed that for you, remember we're playing nice on the forums now.

Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses