The Battle of Brest Fortress

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Battle of Brest Fortress

Postby Dshaded » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

colesie wrote:
jwhitehorn wrote:The Chief then traveled North and saw the alt-abuse first hand. The Russians had made dozens if not 100+ leanto's prior to the siege so that the latest Claimstone mechanic would not be in effect. The Chief tightened the grip on his Tomahawk as the bug-abuse only fueled his desire for justice.

-----------------------

A constant reminder that alt spamming and bug abuse is never the answer.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

[spoiler]Image

Only thing that was abused here was making us laugh too much, vision quest completed successfully and hilariusly...
-Spirit with the Hatchet- aka JTG ~MM Tribe~
Dshaded

Postby logan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm

logan asks
logan wrote:
but who's the retarded lookin one on the right?

Dshaded wrote:Only thing that was abused here was making us laugh too much, vision quest completed successfully and hilariusly...

:lol:
logan

Postby Dshaded » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm

logan wrote:logan asks
logan wrote:
but who's the retarted lookin one on the right?

Dshaded wrote:Only thing that was abused here was making us laugh too much, vision quest completed successfully and hilariusly...

:lol:

Hey logan mr.sockpuppet rank1 himself hows the life of the forum rat going for ya?
-Spirit with the Hatchet- aka JTG ~MM Tribe~
Dshaded

Postby logan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Dshaded wrote:
Hey logan mr.sockpuppet rank1 himself hows the life of the forum rat going for ya?

ah, good i guess....
i reached 100 posts today

how you been? haven't seen you around lately
logan

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:47 pm

So I take it that this is an admission of sockpuppeting then? :)

(It's ok ur still my favourite)
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby logan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 pm

colesie wrote:

:D

colsie #1 modabouser
stax = promodder
logan

Postby colesie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am

logan wrote:
colesie wrote:

:D

colsie #1 modabouser
stax = promodder

Well if you've got to be something, you should be #1 8-)
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Mereni » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 am

Odekva wrote:So you are good at telling stories. Nothing changed since the very beginning, you do not attack anything worthy, only this Big City with only 12 braziers in it and surrounded by 1 stone wall and habituated with beginners not even close to 100 bile’s. :(

Nice try at downplaying the situation. From what I've seen of the Russian's rule of Roanoke, I do not want you to get a toehold here. I doubt anyone does if they really think about it. Both Russians and Tribe raid, and both ask for a tax to not be raided. The tribe, though, adds the benefit of rangering as well, which I haven't heard anyone say the Russians will do. I can't say who charges a higher tax, but the tribe loves trading with treaty payers to the great benefit of both. I haven't heard anyone mention that for the Russians. There's also a much easier communication with the tribe and they actually encourage people to pay the treaty before raiding them.

I look at the screenshots and I see a dig site that has only just been dug. It shows none of the signs of regrowth you see, so this base is very new and already that big? Already multiple walls and braziers going in? It looks to me like if they'd found you just a week later it would have been braziers and plank walls all over the place. And these 'low humor new characters', your farmers meant to eventually support a huge raiding force? IMHO, there's a lot more merit in killing someones 'weak' farmer than in killing a raider as it's the farmer that allows the raiders to exist. Don't try to pretend the tribe didn't accomplish something really big here, because it looks to me like they eliminated a huge threat before it could take effect.

Blood wrote:The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny, and it is useless for the innocent to try by reasoning to get justice, when the oppressor intends to be unjust.

Cawalox wrote:Exactly that. But you cant turn a blind eye to the other tyrant like you did in your previous post.
Tyrants crave power, this one got scared he might lose some in future and acted on it straight away. But what happens when he decides a treaty payer grown too large? Or when a tribe member forgets do do his task? Fear of loss of power is what makes tyrants do horrible things.
We all have our preferences when it comes to tyrants and I belive that Id be better off with Russians.

I don't think you really understand tyranny. Any established government will defend itself against another government trying to invade. Doubly so for the tribe because, though they have a very strong presence on the server, not everyone is a treaty payer. Not everyone is a member of the Indian Nation, so to speak and they are still working and fighting every day to establish themselves. Rival groups are going to be very harshly treated and rightly so.

You call the Chief a tyrant based on things he might do in the future? Maybe he'll decide a treaty payer is too big and decide to kill him? You think the rest of the tribe can't tell him 'no'? You think tribe members are ordered to do tasks and severely punished if they don't hop to? I haven't heard news of any of these things. No tribe member who posts here has complained of such things. And if being in the tribe was horrible, wouldn't at least one recruit have gotten in and then changed their minds about it and spilled the beans all over the forum?

Tyrannys are known for making their subjects unhappy. I am not unhappy. The tribe has provided easy and reliable access to trade, helped me get started in the game, answered questions about gameplay, sold me good seeds when I finally decided I didn't want to purity them myself, offers ranger service I haven't needed, and offered good food for humoring in trade (though I still stubbornly want to do that myself with my own farming), not to mention offering to run out and bash the walls I built wrong which I also refused in favor of doing myself. I have no doubt they offer the same to all treaty payers.

If I had to fit the tribe into a government category, I'd call them an Aristocracy of the type originally envisioned by the Greeks before it became a hereditary thing, or maybe a Meritocracy, but that's too off topic to go into here. My main point is, I see their destruction of the Russian base as very much a public service and I'm glad they're on their toes. Much better for me if they destroy potential threats before it gets to the point where I have to call on their ranger services.

Edit: Forgot a quote close bracket.
Mereni

Postby Claeyt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 am

tweenprinc3ss wrote:
Miss_Kalear wrote:User was banned for breaking the following rules:
- Ban Evasion (Realak)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

didn't mean to derail, just trying to find out about it. What Server was Brest Fortress on?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:18 am

Mereni wrote:
Odekva wrote:So you are good at telling stories. Nothing changed since the very beginning, you do not attack anything worthy, only this Big City with only 12 braziers in it and surrounded by 1 stone wall and habituated with beginners not even close to 100 bile’s. :(

Nice try at downplaying the situation. From what I've seen of the Russian's rule of Roanoke, I do not want you to get a toehold here. I doubt anyone does if they really think about it. Both Russians and Tribe raid, and both ask for a tax to not be raided. The tribe, though, adds the benefit of rangering as well, which I haven't heard anyone say the Russians will do. I can't say who charges a higher tax, but the tribe loves trading with treaty payers to the great benefit of both. I haven't heard anyone mention that for the Russians. There's also a much easier communication with the tribe and they actually encourage people to pay the treaty before raiding them.

I look at the screenshots and I see a dig site that has only just been dug. It shows none of the signs of regrowth you see, so this base is very new and already that big? Already multiple walls and braziers going in? It looks to me like if they'd found you just a week later it would have been braziers and plank walls all over the place. And these 'low humor new characters', your farmers meant to eventually support a huge raiding force? IMHO, there's a lot more merit in killing someones 'weak' farmer than in killing a raider as it's the farmer that allows the raiders to exist. Don't try to pretend the tribe didn't accomplish something really big here, because it looks to me like they eliminated a huge threat before it could take effect.

Blood wrote:The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny, and it is useless for the innocent to try by reasoning to get justice, when the oppressor intends to be unjust.

Cawalox wrote:Exactly that. But you cant turn a blind eye to the other tyrant like you did in your previous post.
Tyrants crave power, this one got scared he might lose some in future and acted on it straight away. But what happens when he decides a treaty payer grown too large? Or when a tribe member forgets do do his task? Fear of loss of power is what makes tyrants do horrible things.
We all have our preferences when it comes to tyrants and I belive that Id be better off with Russians.

I don't think you really understand tyranny. Any established government will defend itself against another government trying to invade. Doubly so for the tribe because, though they have a very strong presence on the server, not everyone is a treaty payer. Not everyone is a member of the Indian Nation, so to speak and they are still working and fighting every day to establish themselves. Rival groups are going to be very harshly treated and rightly so.

You call the Chief a tyrant based on things he might do in the future? Maybe he'll decide a treaty payer is too big and decide to kill him? You think the rest of the tribe can't tell him 'no'? You think tribe members are ordered to do tasks and severely punished if they don't hop to? I haven't heard news of any of these things. No tribe member who posts here has complained of such things. And if being in the tribe was horrible, wouldn't at least one recruit have gotten in and then changed their minds about it and spilled the beans all over the forum?

Tyrannys are known for making their subjects unhappy. I am not unhappy. The tribe has provided easy and reliable access to trade, helped me get started in the game, answered questions about gameplay, sold me good seeds when I finally decided I didn't want to purity them myself, offers ranger service I haven't needed, and offered good food for humoring in trade (though I still stubbornly want to do that myself with my own farming), not to mention offering to run out and bash the walls I built wrong which I also refused in favor of doing myself. I have no doubt they offer the same to all treaty payers.

If I had to fit the tribe into a government category, I'd call them an Aristocracy of the type originally envisioned by the Greeks before it became a hereditary thing, or maybe a Meritocracy, but that's too off topic to go into here. My main point is, I see their destruction of the Russian base as very much a public service and I'm glad they're on their toes. Much better for me if they destroy potential threats before it gets to the point where I have to call on their ranger services.

Edit: Forgot a quote close bracket.

Truer words have never been spoken
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses