The Battle of Brest Fortress

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Battle of Brest Fortress

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 am

markost wrote:what is this vision quest thing?

I commitment few can achieve. Do you have what it takes to follow the path of wisdom?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mereni » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 am

markost wrote:Also, since I'm on a different server, I have to ask, but what is this vision quest thing?

A vision quest is something that people who want to join the tribe have to do to prove they are serious about joining. Dallane is attempting to be a troll by pretending that his posts are vision quests, I think.
Mereni

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

Mereni wrote:
markost wrote:Also, since I'm on a different server, I have to ask, but what is this vision quest thing?

A vision quest is something that people who want to join the tribe have to do to prove they are serious about joining. Dallane is attempting to be a troll by pretending that his posts are vision quests, I think.

There is no trolling when one wants to fly with the eagles

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Dshaded » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 am

Dallane wrote:
Dshaded wrote:whos dallane?

The guy you try so hard to be

What do you mean "try so hard"?? its so easy to be like you.

Mushibag wrote:Image
What was that?

HAHAHA im flattered, but you know me im nothing if not humble even if i am singlehandedly responsible for killing of all 4 of your characters in game...
-Spirit with the Hatchet- aka JTG ~MM Tribe~
Dshaded

Postby colesie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:38 am

Dallane wrote:

I commitment few can achieve. Do you have what it takes to follow the path of wisdom?

I was on a vision quest once, but then I took an update to the knee
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby staxjax » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 am

colesie wrote:I was on a vision quest once, but then I took an update arrow to the knee

Get it right the first time.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Claeyt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 am

colesie wrote:
Dallane wrote:

I was on a vision quest once, but then I took an update to the knee

LOL, that joke never gets old. Skyrim!!! :lol:

I was reading this thread once, but then I took an obscure meme to the brain.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 am

Pablo. When you return from vacation. Come get your hat.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Cawalox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

Mereni wrote:Nice try at downplaying the situation. From what I've seen of the Russian's rule of Roanoke, I do not want you to get a toehold here. I doubt anyone does if they really think about it. Both Russians and Tribe raid, and both ask for a tax to not be raided. The tribe, though, adds the benefit of rangering as well, which I haven't heard anyone say the Russians will do. I can't say who charges a higher tax, but the tribe loves trading with treaty payers to the great benefit of both. I haven't heard anyone mention that for the Russians. There's also a much easier communication with the tribe and they actually encourage people to pay the treaty before raiding them.

Rofl, ahmm, sorry. You mean tribe wants monopoly and they kill anyone that trades with non tribe members or owns a stall. Tribe first kills and raids that ask for the tribute (look trough Chiefs posts, were few exceptions though). With Russians you can always move on and start again elsewere. Tribe hunts you down and kills you cause they have you kinned once you pay the tax. Rangering? I dont pay the tribute and never will pay to anyone so no benefits there.

Mereni wrote:I don't think you really understand tyranny. Any established government will defend itself against another government trying to invade. Doubly so for the tribe because, though they have a very strong presence on the server, not everyone is a treaty payer. Not everyone is a member of the Indian Nation, so to speak and they are still working and fighting every day to establish themselves. Rival groups are going to be very harshly treated and rightly so.

You call the Chief a tyrant based on things he might do in the future? Maybe he'll decide a treaty payer is too big and decide to kill him? You think the rest of the tribe can't tell him 'no'? You think tribe members are ordered to do tasks and severely punished if they don't hop to? I haven't heard news of any of these things. No tribe member who posts here has complained of such things. And if being in the tribe was horrible, wouldn't at least one recruit have gotten in and then changed their minds about it and spilled the beans all over the forum?

You totally misunderstood me. Chief calls himself a tyrant:
jwhitehorn wrote: But it was what I found at this town that astounded me the most. For those who do not know there was a tyrant on Plymouth who enslaved the Russian people. Forcing them into slave labor to fund his misguided criminal activities on both Plymouth and Roanoke.

I do agree though. Only its not the Russian people but all the treaty payers. You have to work to pay the treaty, dont you? You have to sell your products to tribe, dont you? You and all your alts have to be kinned, dont they?
Thats what makes tyrants tyrants. They whant to be in control no metter what and act harshly because someone might do something they dont like, or God forbid someone did something they dont like. Would Russians do something against the tribe, we dont know, all they did last time was kill one Chief and left the infrastructure and the tribe alone, noting to be afraid of. Travel betwean servers isnt posible so they arent invading thats for sure. As far as you see its ok for tribe to act on something that might happen and its not ok for anyone else to even mention it.
Sure nobody cried yet, but as I see it its more than likely to happen in future.

Mereni wrote:Tyrannys are known for making their subjects unhappy. I am not unhappy. The tribe has provided easy and reliable access to trade, helped me get started in the game, answered questions about gameplay, sold me good seeds when I finally decided I didn't want to purity them myself, offers ranger service I haven't needed, and offered good food for humoring in trade (though I still stubbornly want to do that myself with my own farming), not to mention offering to run out and bash the walls I built wrong which I also refused in favor of doing myself. I have no doubt they offer the same to all treaty payers.

If I had to fit the tribe into a government category, I'd call them an Aristocracy of the type originally envisioned by the Greeks before it became a hereditary thing, or maybe a Meritocracy, but that's too off topic to go into here. My main point is, I see their destruction of the Russian base as very much a public service and I'm glad they're on their toes. Much better for me if they destroy potential threats before it gets to the point where I have to call on their ranger services.

I know what you mean when you say you dont want them on your claim.
Please bash this wall for me, I am too weak. Sure kind sir, just let me first bash your head.
Tribe claim to rule whole server of Plymuth so hypothetical we are all subjects and I am certainly not happy about it. Tyrants cant rule alone, so thats why strong suporters get better end of their "goverment". Dont be silly they are far from any kind of goverment and even further away from Greeks. They are just a chiefs idea of a goverment that needs to go a long way here in Salem.
Cawalox

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

Cawalox please stop spamming lies about MM the majestic peaceful warriors of plymouth

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses