A story about Candy Queen & her friends (RIP Russian SadMan)

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: A story about Candy Queen & her friends (RIP Russian Sad

Postby robert » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:41 am

dropping a townbell on a Pclaim is perfectly legit style of play. while i wont dismiss its kinda cheap to abuse the waste claim system to prevent v/p claim creation under the waste band (given the range of waste claims).. as for the walls in the guide, nothing in the guide said you had to build walls in tandem (aka side by side) it just said 3+ stone walls which could mean a 1000/1000 claim with 5 tile gap per wall would work just as well as a 5/5 claim area with walls back to back. though the guide should be updated with the new wall mechanics now as i dont believe it covers waste claims or wall splash currently.

as far as i can tell from the posted screen shots, the only abuse they may have used was an off claim wall bash to generate splash. which frankly i still think shouldnt take place or very least cause crimes of waste/vandalize so should activate blazers that are in-range of it. (though its easy to limit that sort of underhanded play by just expanding pclaim out 5-10 tiles in all 4 directions and keeping walls 5 tiles from edge.)
robert

Postby L33LEE » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

robert wrote:as far as i can tell from the posted screen shots, the only abuse they may have used was an off claim wall bash to generate splash. which frankly i still think shouldnt take place or very least cause crimes of waste/vandalize so should activate blazers that are in-range of it. (though its easy to limit that sort of underhanded play by just expanding pclaim out 5-10 tiles in all 4 directions and keeping walls 5 tiles from edge.)

Explain how they can expand the p.claim, when russians used the waste claim, to stop them expanding / building a bell ?

Bug Abuze ?
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby robert » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

L33LEE wrote:
robert wrote:as far as i can tell from the posted screen shots, the only abuse they may have used was an off claim wall bash to generate splash. which frankly i still think shouldnt take place or very least cause crimes of waste/vandalize so should activate blazers that are in-range of it. (though its easy to limit that sort of underhanded play by just expanding pclaim out 5-10 tiles in all 4 directions and keeping walls 5 tiles from edge.)

Explain how they can expand the p.claim, when russians used the waste claim, to stop them expanding / building a bell ?

Bug Abuze ?

waste claim covers 1000/1000 or something tiles. as it counts as a claim you can not build v/p claims under its effect. its the same as trying to build a v/p claim ontop of an existing claim. so unless the devs messed up on it, its not a bug but intended. so unless the devs them selves state the waste should not deny the completion of v/p claim building, its not a bug :/

iv been hit by the pclaim under waste claim issue. once the waste was removed i could build pclaim normally, which is the exact same setup if you wanted to build a pclaim on a pclaim.

if you are implying im saying expand pclaim to prevent waste claim, thats wrong. that statement was directed at preventing/limiting offclaim wall splash not waste claim blockage.
robert

Postby Viktor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 pm

3muskets wrote:The RUS knew about this base for a long time and never really attempted to take it until the "wall Splatter nerf"

Аctually RUS knew about this base for a 3 hours before the raid began.
Viktor

Postby CharlesM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:54 pm

That was an interesting exercise on the updated siege mechanics. I hope to see more as this wall update pans out.
It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

I am a proud Christian, post this if you are proud to be one too.
CharlesM

Postby Claeyt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Well, at least we all know where the new Russian base is in Roanoke. For anyone that doesn't, it's across the large river about 1/2 hour west northwest. Look out Camelot, if you're still there.

At least Roanoke's getting interesting. The two largest raids in the last month were both in Roanoke, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry about the claim Candyland kids. I thought it was a beautiful setup when I ran past it a couple weeks ago, and I liked your pretty tree rings too. :D

I hope you guys build a new tasty sweet spot and stick around the game.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Yourgrandmother » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Claeyt wrote:Well, at least we all know where the new Russian base is in Roanoke. For anyone that doesn't, it's across the large river about 1/2 hour west northwest. Look out Camelot, if you're still there

Camelot is Russian owned.

COD (Russian main town) is on edge of of darkness north west part of map.

They also have a HV in deep darkness.

Knowing where they live does you no good tho.
Yourgrandmother

Postby Mushibag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Mereni wrote:
If there was no townbell in the first place, why place a waste claim?

To keep the defenders from building a bell themselves

Yeah, just sounds like a bug to me.

It wasn't a bug at all, just smart thinking on the part of the Russians. If they hadn't built the waste claim the Candyland people would have just built a town bell as soon as they were attacked, which would have been more of a bug, imo. Looking at how developed that base is, I was shocked that they were too cheap to throw up a town bell to prevent something like this. The point is, they should have had a bell long ago, and now they are suffering the consequences for not adequately defending their base.
Mushibag

Postby knuckles » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Latest update:

The Aliens might have ran out of silver :roll:

Claim-owners evacuated to one of the many better protected lands owned by ... Sugar Pops !
knuckles

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Can somebody please explain to me why the Russians dropped a Waste Claim and THEN a town bell instead of just dropping a town bell first? It looks like they ended up dropping a town bell anyway so they essentially wasted a waste claim because they don't know how mechanics work?

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses