MM Tribe Treaty

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: MM Tribe Treaty

Postby GeneralButthurt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 pm

KingdomOfOne wrote:Your name is so amazing for yourself.

good come back....
GeneralButthurt

Postby GeneralButthurt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 pm

KingdomOfOne wrote:Your name is so amazing for yourself, Butthurt.

It's also blasphemous to even THINK the chief came from Squatterland, he simply coalesced into being from earthworms when Mother Nature had need of him. When your first filthy squatter axe struck a tree to topple it and mother nature cried out in pain, you sealed your doom.

see it's posts like these that now has jim thinking of silencing you.
GeneralButthurt

Re: [Plymouth] Free Merchants of Plymouth Raider Insurance

Postby Ikpeip » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 pm

ameba wrote:Would this mean that one could buy insurance policy without agreeing to the terms of The Salem Treaty With MM Tribe (specifically, articles II, III, IV and V) which would also mean recognizing the authority claim of Chief PeePooKaKa as our rightful sovereign (and thus also committing high treason against the Crown of England)?

Thank you for your interest, Ameba. My apologies for the delayed response, but negotiations were required to come to what I believe is an acceptable compromise. I believe the results should meet your desire to avoid high treason.

Taking an insurance policy:
-Grants the insured an exception to Articles I, II, and III unconditionally (dealing with perpetual friendship with the tribe, submission to MM Tribe, and not holding earthworms, respectively)
-Grants the insured an exception to Articles IV (regulation of trade) with one condition - Article IV regulating trade is still enforceable if and only if the trade can be reasonably construed as impinging on Article VII (not conspiring against MM Tribe). For example, trading exclusively with a group actively at war with MM Tribe would be viewed as cause to revoke an insurance policy.
-Grants the insured an exception to Article V (not hunting animals) so long as the hunting is done for utility and not sport, and no part of the animal is wasted.
-Still requires compliance with articles VI, VII, and VIII (not committing crimes against your fellow pilgrims, not conspiring against MM Tribe, and the insurance payment under consideration, respectively)

If you have other questions, or wish further detail on any aspect, please do not hesitate to ask.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby Bluefenix514 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:41 pm

i added the coughs to lighten my words.
but if you dislike them then i will simply remove them

CHIEF IS A *****
Bluefenix514

Postby Sealatis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 am

What is your opinion on worms being trapped in mother nature stumps ?
Sealatis

Re: [Plymouth] Free Merchants of Plymouth Raider Insurance

Postby ameba » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 am

Ikpeip wrote:Thank you for your interest, Ameba. My apologies for the delayed response, but negotiations were required to come to what I believe is an acceptable compromise. I believe the results should meet your desire to avoid high treason.

Taking an insurance policy:
-Grants the insured an exception to Articles I, II, and III unconditionally (dealing with perpetual friendship with the tribe, submission to MM Tribe, and not holding earthworms, respectively)
-Grants the insured an exception to Articles IV (regulation of trade) with one condition - Article IV regulating trade is still enforceable if and only if the trade can be reasonably construed as impinging on Article VII (not conspiring against MM Tribe). For example, trading exclusively with a group actively at war with MM Tribe would be viewed as cause to revoke an insurance policy.
-Grants the insured an exception to Article V (not hunting animals) so long as the hunting is done for utility and not sport, and no part of the animal is wasted.
-Still requires compliance with articles VI, VII, and VIII (not committing crimes against your fellow pilgrims, not conspiring against MM Tribe, and the insurance payment under consideration, respectively)

If you have other questions, or wish further detail on any aspect, please do not hesitate to ask.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster

Aye! After consulting with our wise and just ruler Prince Ameba I., we have come to the conclusion that those sound like reasonable terms and a reasonable price for the services provided now mostly rid of any political ambiguity. Shall the time ever come that those services are needed by our great nation of Ermitland, you will be contacted by our Minister of Agriculture and Treasury, Lord John Barleycorn.

Tim Bear,
Count of Lean-on-and-not-to-on-River-Blue,
Foreign Relations Advisor of the Principality of 'Ermitland
I used to be a pilgrim like you. Then I took an Indian arrow in the head...
ameba

Postby Sevenless » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Agreed that this is the same topic. Protection as a "service" belongs more in HoB anyway, since this is also where rangers are hired. Feel free to move the "insurance" post to the top if you wish.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Mojo114 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 am

I just read through this thread and a couple of others and I gotta thank god that I decided not to make my first character on the same server as these guys.
Mojo114

Postby iambobthepirate » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 am

Mojo114 wrote:I just read through this thread and a couple of others and I gotta thank god that I decided not to make my first character on the same server as these guys.

lol
its really not that bad.
i just paid the treaty, really no big deal. We'll see how it goes. might actually be safer than other servers but haven't lived anywhere else. just too bad it's such a small community, oh well game hasn't really started yet, still closed beta
iambobthepirate

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 am

iambobthepirate wrote:
lol
its really not that bad.
i just paid the treaty, really no big deal. We'll see how it goes. might actually be safer than other servers but haven't lived anywhere else. just too bad it's such a small community, oh well game hasn't really started yet, still closed beta

Another satisfied customer.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses