Offical Gallows Hill is dead thread

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Offical Gallows Hill is dead thread

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
I don't see how it is not bug abuse, unless jorb or loftar have stated somewhere that it is intended mechanics for people to be able to destroy an authed town bell while not the mayor.

Because letting people make items that cannot be destroyed is working as intended? I think not. Gallows Hill attempted to plug their walls with authority objects etc. etc. Luckily. All their bots, bugs, and hax couldn't save them from their own ignorance of refusing to use p-claims.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:58 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:Eager to see how they did it. It would be more than silly if it was a bug abuse though.

I don't see how it is not bug abuse, unless jorb or loftar have stated somewhere that it is intended mechanics for people to be able to destroy an authed town bell while not the mayor.

Oh, I was under the impression that with the right privileges you did not have to be mayor to take over a townbell by pclaim or something similar. Wasn't there a discussion about this the other day?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:

Because letting people make items that cannot be destroyed is working as intended? I think not. Gallows Hill attempted to plug their walls with authority objects etc. etc. Luckily. All their bots, bugs, and hax couldn't save them from their own ignorance of refusing to use p-claims.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

This game isn't just about raiding though, its about social interaction, and destroying a vclaim should take time rather than being merely a matter of getting to the bell.Without a statement from one of the devs I refuse to believe this is intended game mechanics.

But I don't want to ruin this thread any further, post some pictures soon please..
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby gregl26 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey Chief... you remember that day we stole Gallows Hill and re-named it BTK Lives? Good day...
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:04 pm

gregl26 wrote:Hey Chief... you remember that day we stole Gallows Hill and re-named it BTK Lives? Good day...

Definitely one of my favorite days. Ranks right up there with that time that Jordan Coles built us a giant mountain with a Church on it.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Chiprel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Loftar already confirmed it few days ago that breaking auth objects on claim is not intended.
As for chiefs raid it was partly legit. Just planted spy which opened outer gates and put claim with privilages for chief so he won't get debuffs/brazier fire. Then he bashed middle/hub gates and broke fighter alts leantos and summon killed em somewhere.
Then by making new claim on bell or resizing his spy claim he bashed bell which made all auth objects destroyable + nullified all braziers and whole village protection. Then simply he could take/destroy anything without any crime debuff. the end :roll:
As what I understand it should be impossible to bash auth objects when village have silver in bell. Only people with correct permissions/mayor should be able to destroy vclaim extensions. While bell should be only destroyable while empty.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Kaol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Not sure what to make of this really. I guess it highlights why vclaims need fixing. If the suggestions i made in the ideas thread were implemented then this would not have happened.

I couldn't care less about either side really, they are both zergs and nothing happened here but player vs building.
Kaol

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Chiprel wrote:Loftar already confirmed it few days ago that breaking auth objects on claim is not intended.
As for chiefs raid it was partly legit. Just planted spy which opened outer gates and put claim with privilages for chief so he won't get debuffs/brazier fire. Then he bashed middle/hub gates and broke fighter alts leantos and summon killed em somewhere.
Then by making new claim on bell or resizing his spy claim he bashed bell which made all auth objects destroyable + nullified all braziers and whole village protection. Then simply he could take/destroy anything without any crime debuff. the end :roll:
As what I understand it should be impossible to bash auth objects when village have silver in bell. Only people with correct permissions/mayor should be able to destroy vclaim extensions. While bell should be only destroyable while empty.

Yeah, I would never say spying was not legit. But like you say the bell-bashing is a bug, pure and simple, which is what allows the chief to utterly destroy GH with a spy, something that should not be possible in a few hours work.
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby alloin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:28 pm

OW YEAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ

I see dem crying, BUGABUSE?! HAX!? INFILTRATORS !!!???

As legit as you guys are trying/have tried, but you fail, chief SUCCEEDED !

edit: where's bait & stax on that RIP list ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:44 pm

alloin wrote:edit: where's bait & stax on that RIP list ?

bait is on there. no idea where he is tho. i think his computer finally died.

stax is still alive i think. at least the combat character is. farmstax doesn't have scents
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses