Offical Gallows Hill is dead thread

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Offical Gallows Hill is dead thread

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm

link google searches of what?
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

darkfall 2 will be terrible as they have made half the game a safe zone, dumbed down combat drastically and made the game a zerg based FPS. none of the redeeming qualities of the original darkfall made it into the second one yet all of the ****** things did.

my guild had 90% of the playerbase on war status which allowed us to kill/be killed anywhere without joining a big zerg alliance full of morons, now since they turned all NPC cities into safe zones, nerfed guild war duration and so on there does not seem to be a fun playstyle available for small guilds anymore.

i and most of us will probably download the game and play it for a few weeks before quitting in disgust, happily i can play multiple clients of darkfall and salem at the same time now.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Darwoth wrote:darkfall 2 will be terrible as they have made half the game a safe zone, dumbed down combat drastically and made the game a zerg based FPS. none of the redeeming qualities of the original darkfall made it into the second one yet all of the ****** things did.

my guild had 90% of the playerbase on war status which allowed us to kill/be killed anywhere without joining a big zerg alliance full of morons, now since they turned all NPC cities into safe zones, nerfed guild war duration and so on there does not seem to be a fun playstyle available for small guilds anymore.

i and most of us will probably download the game and play it for a few weeks before quitting in disgust, happily i can play multiple clients of darkfall and salem at the same time now.

ew dear lord why did they do that.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby alloin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Don't ragequit, you haven't murdered me yet ! I'm still very alive on Plymouth & Roanoke ! ( maybe jamestown also ? )
Last edited by alloin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Kaol » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 pm

offtopic: Nobody knows what darkfall is going to be like because it hasn't released. Yes they made npc cities safe zones + their goblin spawns in an attempt to give fresh noobs a chance to learn the game without being farmed. Salem has a safe zone too it dosn't make the game care bear.

We don't know how the new class system will work but hopefully it means an end to macro2win. At worst it will favour zergs due to too many auto aim abilities. I'll give it a try assuming the beta is free.

ontopic: Despite all the gloating etc the fact remains that the Gallows was only brought down by bug abuse. I think they deserve some kudos for having a place that people knew the location of which wasn't brought down but for bugs.
Kaol

Postby Ornery » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Darwoth wrote:other than mushibag and bait the entire town were largely carebears

Does running from a fight after you aggro the person count as carebear? If so, I think this was you running after i handed you a plate of your ass with all the trimmings after you aggro'd me south of GH a little bit before the new servers opened: http://i.imgur.com/d5MvE.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/30NX2.jpg

If it is, maybe stop carebearing around killing n00bs and learn dem kambertz a bit better. And be careful who you aggro in the wild :)
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby staxjax » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:23 pm

lol @ darwoth. Why would anybody quit because of the chief's obviously desperate actions to 'destroy us'. Building is what we do, and we are fully aware of the concept of permanent death. Who would really be here if it wasn't permanent death anyways? As of right now, I'm counting 16 people in our IRC channel. That sure is some heavy ragequitting right there.

gtfo, and go harvest more noob scalps on Jamestown. Might as well just call you Chief 2.0, savior of Jamestown.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby staxjax » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:24 pm

PS. Both you and the chief can go ***** some more earthworms while you're at it.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:35 pm

staxjax wrote:lol @ darwoth. Why would anybody quit because of the chief's obviously desperate actions to 'destroy us'. Building is what we do, and we are fully aware of the concept of permanent death. Who would really be here if it wasn't permanent death anyways? As of right now, I'm counting 16 people in our IRC channel. That sure is some heavy ragequitting right there.

gtfo, and go harvest more noob scalps on Jamestown. Might as well just call you Chief 2.0, savior of Jamestown.

Thats funny because I just popped my head in through a proxy and I counted 7 :). But then I forgot to use the StaxHax claim formula.

(StaxHax Factual Claim - 2) / 2 = Real Number

So when I just double checked it with the formula I guess it is 16 people.

But lets get back to our next round of our game. So far Jordan Coles is winning in participation only (seems to be a trend for him) and everybody else, well, honestly just sucks at this game. But the show must go on!

WHOSE CLAIM IS IT ANYWAY? (Round 3)

This round you are in for a treat as I actually know who owned this one.

Hint #1: His character died in the claim to the east of this one.

Hint #2: His previous Hermitage was torn down by the Tribe as well.

Hint #3: His name rhymes with the body part StaxHax can take 3 of at one time.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby colesie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:thats funny because I just popped my head in through a proxy and I counted 7 :). But then I forgot to use the StaxHax claim formula.

Interesting because the irc password was changed :roll:
Also, you didn't use a proxy last time Mr Paul
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses