Dissolution of MM Tribe

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Dissolution of MM Tribe

Postby lachlaan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Not a big fan of the tribe, what with them being one of the major threats in the game, but I do rather hope devs didn't intervene themselves to balance the game out. If you want to push for a certain PvP dynamic, do so via carefully balanced mechanics, not magic powers. If it was indeed a case of a dev's totally separate in-game character pulling this off without magic powaz, then that's as legit as it could ever get.

Don't really expect much to change about the situation based on either people's protests or approval of the events, but I'm just saying what my stance is. Said it right from the start, don't care who the new devs were/are as long as they don't favour any one faction.

All that being said, I've no clue what actually happened, so I can only hope legit stuff went down, because if that's not the case then that sets a pretty bad precedent for the future lol.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby summertime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:20 pm

many games exist where devs affect the world in various degrees....

for instance the food event were heavily unfavorable for eu players due to the schedule

i dont see any issues with devs participating in the game with god powers... just different consequences compared no such involvement....
summertime

Postby Slapacookie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Salem is now a Safe Haven, All shall prevail in peace.
Slapacookie
Customer

Postby Ukhata » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 pm

can i say im sad to see the tribe leave? no im not
but if it is true dev powers then im sad for the dev powers in and off themselves.

do think it is dev powers?
i dont know, but i think not.
although, me thinking not might be based in pure hope :)
Ukhata

Postby Nictos » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Very interesting read. Good drama.

Tribe has been a cornerstone of Salem for some time and it will be a sad loss to the community to see them go. I see no reason to Hinnom this as Tribe clearly has some things they want aired out, and while there are certainly a fair amount of inaccuracies in the document, I don't see that the 'majority' of it was made in any attempt at ill-will or malicious action. More-so a description of events from a party to some in-game actions that certainly seemed questionable on the surface.

I will clarify two things, and then probably only moderate this thread if wild accusations, conspiracy theories, or general shenanigans exceed beyond the scope of reasonable speculations.

#1: My investigate yielded that while players who have contributed to the development may have been involved, those players were not in possession of Developer Tools, nor did I find any evidence that the character was not built legitimately. For the record, there are a handful of community members who have been a bit 'loose' that they donate, help, and generally assist in the development of Salem. In no way will I, or do I, anticipate to tell these players what they can and cannot do on their free time when enjoying the game they try to help.

#2: Mikus requested a refund, a full refund was granted, and per company policy accounts that receive full refunds while retaining in-game items and store equipment are banned. I believe this policy is pretty simple. One cannot buy 10,000 worth of silver, spend it, distribute it, demand a refund, and then continue to play the game as if nothing has happened. As an example.

I hope that clarifies things as best as they can. I will now let this thread take it's course, until I believe it reaches a point where all that can be said, or needs to be said has been done.

I happen to be one of the handful of people who donate time into works of the development. :geek:

This by no means mean that John would interfere with what I do ingame.
Last edited by Nictos on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

John Carver wrote:Franklin 8:25
Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Postby Heffernan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:25 pm

so let me get this right... Tribes kill new players all day admitting there "the top 10 players" and noone should be able to kill them, making up **** rules about collecting cash from top10 towns or killin players as "justics" but when someone strong finally comes up and kills them its abuse of dev tools as noone should be able to kill them, so they quit and open a butthurt thread?

let me ask what Mr Norris has to say about this...

Heffernan

Postby Nimmeth » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Well. it's quite unfair to use dev tools if that was the case, just as unfair as waiting all day outside boston to kill newbies.
but then again that is what the devs used to do that back in the days when they were mortals,
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Thor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:34 pm

I guess for most it'll be fun as long as that dev tool hits enemies.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby ericbomb » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:36 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Very interesting read. Good drama.

Tribe has been a cornerstone of Salem for some time and it will be a sad loss to the community to see them go. I see no reason to Hinnom this as Tribe clearly has some things they want aired out, and while there are certainly a fair amount of inaccuracies in the document, I don't see that the 'majority' of it was made in any attempt at ill-will or malicious action. More-so a description of events from a party to some in-game actions that certainly seemed questionable on the surface.

I will clarify two things, and then probably only moderate this thread if wild accusations, conspiracy theories, or general shenanigans exceed beyond the scope of reasonable speculations.

#1: My investigate yielded that while players who have contributed to the development may have been involved, those players were not in possession of Developer Tools, nor did I find any evidence that the character was not built legitimately. For the record, there are a handful of community members who have been a bit 'loose' that they donate, help, and generally assist in the development of Salem. In no way will I, or do I, anticipate to tell these players what they can and cannot do on their free time when enjoying the game they try to help.

#2: Mikus requested a refund, a full refund was granted, and per company policy accounts that receive full refunds while retaining in-game items and store equipment are banned. I believe this policy is pretty simple. One cannot buy 10,000 worth of silver, spend it, distribute it, demand a refund, and then continue to play the game as if nothing has happened. As an example.

I hope that clarifies things as best as they can. I will now let this thread take it's course, until I believe it reaches a point where all that can be said, or needs to be said has been done.

I am a little confused, if "player 1" was killed in a legit manner without any abuse why did he get restored? I mean if Marp just went on a bloody revenge fueled rampage then there would be no reason for player 1 to have been restored.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby Ikpeip » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Good evening,

Some clarification for the reading impaired. None of these actions resulted in direct damage to the Tribe. No Tribe members were killed, and recent deaths were suicides by Braves leaving the game. Our decision to leave is due to the precedent these actions set, and the developer's lack of transparency/unwillingness to swear off further use of developer commands in their attempts to reshuffle the political landscape.

As for John Carver's response, I recommend readers compare his technique of giving misleading answers in the Skype logs to his post. The document clearly outlines what they have already admitted to doing, and that the character they killed had his character restored. That the character they killed has been restored should be telling even to the skeptical. If there was no developer abuse in the character's death, then it must be developer abuse in the character's resurrection.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses