Wanted

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: Wanted

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Alot of people have contacted me and given diffrent names by now. I will have to rewoke the reward until I acctually finds out who this guy is. Until I do so i cant garantee any reward. When I find a real name I will post it in a new real wanted thread.
lalllall

Postby naosnule » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:00 pm

lalllall wrote:Alot of people have contacted me and given diffrent names by now. I will have to rewoke the reward until I acctually finds out who this guy is. Until I do so i cant garantee any reward. When I find a real name I will post it in a new real wanted thread.

Although i didn't contact you and wont ranger this case, I will inform you that there are ways to check if the real criminal is dead and ways to verify his name. Revoking the reward is a bad idea, since it takes very little for people to put you on their "Kill-on-Sight" list.
naosnule

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Yeah i can see how this gets people angry, maybee I have been fooled by people with other intentions than helping me but when you get 10 messages al pointing out diffrent names its hard to tell who speaks the truth.
Since the evidence i collected is to old to be working I do no longer see any way of confirming that someone have kiled the correct person. If anyone have any good way of determening that my murderer has actually been killed I will gladly pay 2000 silver for his murder
lalllall

Postby naosnule » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:24 pm

lalllall wrote:Yeah i can see how this gets people angry, maybee I have been fooled by people with other intentions than helping me but when you get 10 messages al pointing out diffrent names its hard to tell who speaks the truth.
Since the evidence i collected is to old to be working I do no longer see any way of confirming that someone have kiled the correct person. If anyone have any good way of determening that my murderer has actually been killed I will gladly pay 2000 silver for his murder

Evidence doesn't get "too old" unless it is gone. As long as you have it, you can use it to summon perpetrator assuming you use it as his homestead.

Furthermore, the murder scent node stays for 9 days. If he is dead, it will say "perpetrator is dead" when you click "perpetrator" in the box that appears when you get scents from a scent node.

Edit: I was wrong. You have to "lift" the evidence our of your inventory, then rightclick anywhere and it will say "The perepetrator is dead".
Last edited by naosnule on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naosnule

Postby lalllall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 am

Im sorry for going about all this in such a bad way, when I started this thread I did not know at all how this stuff worked and when I lots of diffrent suggestions all pointing out diffrent people as the guilty one saying that they would kill him in the next few days or so I thought that it would save everyone alot of work and wrongfull killing if I just withdrew the reward. After that I have learned that the sent is still there and since I now hace collected lots of it its really easy for me to tell when the killer is really dead and therefor the reward is back on again. But in order to avoid two claims of the killing place note the time of death as well as a screenshot.
lalllall

Postby lalllall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Can also confirm that the killer is still alive.
lalllall

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

if you can actually find a trusting killer like this, its good for you and i applaud.
but there are certain things money just cant buy. yeah yeah, its wornout and hackneyed as the song gets.
i understand youre upset and wanting revenge, but sometimes trying to solve the situation by actually talking could give you a better reputation and solution than showing off your $. money does often talk, but its not almighty.

what i mean to say here is, if you cant trust any of those who have arlready offered you, neither can they trust you, nor those of us couch taters.

good luck to the both sides. *puts popcorns back in the cupboard*
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Onionfighter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Sure, money might not be able buy love, but that isn't what she is asking for. She wants a bounty hunter. If she can accurately tell if the perp is dead or not, the only thing she has to determine is who actually completed the task.
Onionfighter

Postby lalllall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I see this as a contribution to Seatribe and Paradox. They get rid of someone just standing outside Boston killing noobs as well as they get money. Its a win-win for everyone besides my wallet.
lalllall

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:45 pm

lalllall wrote:I see this as a contribution to Seatribe and Paradox. They get rid of someone just standing outside Boston killing noobs as well as they get money. Its a win-win for everyone besides my wallet.

But does it get rid of them or just slow them down a few paces? Who's to say they aren't working on a dozen murder alts to replace each other as they get caught?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses