What is a griefer? raider?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: What is a griefer? raider?

Postby Arillious » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Uronoro wrote:
Darwoth wrote:your suggestions would ruin the entire fabric of the game, people like you have eventually ruined every game i liked with ideas like this, your days are numbered infidel swine.

Yes, how dare there be people in this world who have differing opinions.

Why stop at placing a bounty on just one guy and attempting to make him feel inferior? Maybe you should just toss us all who think like him in some form of work camp together to get us out of the way.

Its not like that has ever ended badly.

Did you read his initial post? He was basically suggesting re-working the core design of the game to take away a good portion of what makes the game good. This game NEEDS griefers, anti-griefers, AND bluebies in order to be successful. Otherwise, we are playing farmville.
Arillious

Postby MrEllu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Arillious wrote:
Uronoro wrote:
Darwoth wrote:your suggestions would ruin the entire fabric of the game, people like you have eventually ruined every game i liked with ideas like this, your days are numbered infidel swine.

Yes, how dare there be people in this world who have differing opinions.

Why stop at placing a bounty on just one guy and attempting to make him feel inferior? Maybe you should just toss us all who think like him in some form of work camp together to get us out of the way.

Its not like that has ever ended badly.

Did you read his initial post? He was basically suggesting re-working the core design of the game to take away a good portion of what makes the game good. This game NEEDS griefers, anti-griefers, AND bluebies in order to be successful. Otherwise, we are playing farmville.

Agreed, As a Haven and Hearth player I think it is heresy >: ) Maybe he is a witch, ready the fire!!!
MrEllu

Postby Elcohen » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 am

L33LEE wrote:...just trying to protect the new players who start and quit the same day because they are murdered, you know wanting the game to be a success with more than just the handfull of pros like you Darworth.

This just strikes me as an utter ignorance about MMO financial models. Successful game is the one which is profitable to developers/publisher and this profitability is the basis for game evolvement. Now, with the monthly subscription game, the number of players is directly proportional to the game revenue and your assertion would be correct. Salem, however is an F2P MMO with in-game market which sells only in-game currency. Carebear environment, where everyone peacefully develops their little farm offers little to no incentive for players to spend real $$$. On the other hand, when one's character is murdered and there are a few months of gameplay already invested in the development of the homestead, I challenge you to tell me a better reason to impulsively purchase in-game silver to exact revenge, and quicker bring up a replacement character to the level of the lost one.

So unless Salem is being developed and intended to run as a tax write-off, I expect your ideas to be ignored...
Elcohen

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

Elcohen wrote:
This just strikes me as an utter ignorance about MMO financial models. Successful game is the one which is profitable to developers/publisher and this profitability is the basis for game evolvement. Now, with the monthly subscription game, the number of players is directly proportional to the game revenue and your assertion would be correct. Salem, however is an F2P MMO with in-game market which sells only in-game currency. Carebear environment, where everyone peacefully develops their little farm offers little to no incentive for players to spend real $$$. On the other hand, when one's character is murdered and there are a few months of gameplay already invested in the development of the homestead, I challenge you to tell me a better reason to impulsively purchase in-game silver to exact revenge, and quicker bring up a replacement character to the level of the lost one.

So unless Salem is being developed and intended to run as a tax write-off, I expect your ideas to be ignored...

I think the big income in this F2P model as well is the Town Bell aspect. Dropping $$ to both bell somebody and defend against it seems like it will be a major draw as well.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses