The Second Age Treaty

Forum for In-Game politics, relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Second Age Treaty

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Great Questions:

Zapt13 wrote:I'm interested in any checks and balances, here.

There is no check and balance. The Tribe is the final say on all authoritative measures, and as proven in times previous that we will not abuse this power.

Zapt13 wrote:I'm interested in any checks and balances, here.
Also, is there any sort of Mission Statement like in the preamble to the US Constitution? [/quote]
There are 4,000+ Posts by me. If you would like you could copy them all into one giant document and it would function much like a constitution of Salem.

Zapt13 wrote: What is the Tribe's ultimate purpose and so forth?

Peace, Justice, and the American way.

Zapt13 wrote:
Who decides on changes to the Treaty?

The Tribal Council.

Zapt13 wrote:
Is there anything that would prevent the Tribe from suddenly charging TMs in the future?

Nothing but our word. However, the word of a Tribeman is the most sacred and reliable thing you will ever encounter. The Treaty will not cost silver in the 2nd age.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby belgear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

That guy looks like he is ***** a boot.
belgear
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Chief,

I've read many of your posts and I appreciate your way with words. I have also seen no case brought against you with any convincing evidence whatsoever where you acted without adequate warning or outside of the Treaty. I must admit that the ZERO SILVER cost of the new Treaty is attractive, but will there be other costs such as tribute or trade? The posted points about not settling on Burial Grounds and so forth are a cost, of course, but I'm curious about on-going costs or costs scalable to a player's footprint on the world, productive capacity, etc.

I am also uncomfortable with the consolidation of power. Is there any hope for a player participating in the Treaty to be invited to join the Tribal Council? Is there any hope for the participants at large to amend the Treaty in the future? Will the Tribal Council entertain discussion in public session, or are their decisions kept secret and mysterious?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Zapt13 wrote: but will there be other costs such as tribute or trade?

There will be no requirements that I would classify as Tribute. However, if the needs of the people, server, world require the actions of its people and if mother nature and/or The Greater Spirit require something of their people we could and most likely would require the Treaty Members to comply.

Zapt13 wrote: but I'm curious about on-going costs or costs scalable to a player's footprint on the world, productive capacity, etc.

The world is large enough to handle even the largest of footprints. We see no reason to implement scale into any equations. Besides. 300% of Free, is still free.

Zapt13 wrote: Is there any hope for a player participating in the Treaty to be invited to join the Tribal Council?

Anyone may become a brave and join the Tribal Council at any time. Only the strongest of the strong are able to do such a task, and as such, the people of Salem are lead by a coalition of the competent.

Zapt13 wrote: Is there any hope for the participants at large to amend the Treaty in the future? Will the Tribal Council entertain discussion in public session, or are their decisions kept secret and mysterious?

Tribal Council discussions are held behind closed doors, however, their decisions, and the rationale behind them are immediately dispersed to Braves non-classified information will be given to Treaty Members in the form of a monthly announcement.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby L33LEE » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

I wish to know more of this "tribal horde" can you elaborate abit ?

:twisted: :twisted:
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby mrrummenie » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:05 pm

If i may make a suggestion for an amendment to the treaty rules... requiring all player to provide their location seams potentially dangerous. what about placing a sign next to our homestead that can be referenced to our sign of the treaty??
mrrummenie

Postby Ikpeip » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 am

Good evening,

mrrummenie wrote:If i may make a suggestion for an amendment to the treaty rules... requiring all player to provide their location seams potentially dangerous. what about placing a sign next to our homestead that can be referenced to our sign of the treaty??

Your solution seems far more dangerous to the treaty members - as well as far less manageable from an administrative point of view.

Faithfully,

-Peter
Ikpeip

Postby Gallient » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:03 am

Chief, I have for long worshiped The Jorgen. My people believe that Jorgen is the three-faced supreme ruler. He is represented by Loftar, the creator, Jorb, the destroyer, and the knowable spirit put on this world to give us divine instructions.

Is Jorgen worship still allowed?
Gallient

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:19 am

Of course... TMS... if you disagree with the Tribe at any time later on- he knows where you live and can destroy you at his leisure.

The real issue is giving up your location. Never do that unless you trust someone absolutely.

They are going to reel you in early with promises of little for nothing; and then bank you later when you have something to lose... as I said before- give up your location- that person or group owns you.

Tribe is not trustworthy. They'll burn you in a heartbeat if they get bored.
DeepSixed

Postby Khaztropix » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:57 am

Gallient wrote:Chief, I have for long worshiped The Jorgen. My people believe that Jorgen is the three-faced supreme ruler. He is represented by Loftar, the creator, Jorb, the destroyer, and the knowable spirit put on this world to give us divine instructions.

Is Jorgen worship still allowed?

Welcome back, drinking buddy.
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses